Profile for Ms. Suzanne Hunter > Reviews

Content by Ms. Suzanne Hunter

Ms. Suzanne Hunter "An angel"

Broken Angels (Katie Maguire 2)
Broken Angels (Katie Maguire 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written - great read, 11 Nov 2013
An excellent book with a really satisfying ending - which was a relief as I couldn't put it down and it took until 3am to finish it! There are some chapters which are horrifically graphic and I found I simply could not read them. I ended up flicking through my kindle to the end of the chapter rather than focus on them.

However, the story is excellent, I loved the use of the Irish vernacular and felt drawn into the plot in its intricacies. I could really believe that this was a tale with real foundation.

The Manhattan Puzzle
The Manhattan Puzzle

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sequel, but also stands alone, 12 Oct 2013
Thought provoking from the first page. Gulpingly gruesome in places and one slightly confusing bit I had to re-read and still didn't make sense - but that excluded a 'can't put down' read from an exciting author. I'd recommend this and his other books which I read earlier this year.

Zehui Retro Womens Long Sleeve Butterfly Print Button Down Shirt Blouse Tops White UK12
Offered by WorldTech

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as shown in the photo, 27 Sep 2013
I hadn't realised this came with some very cheap looking metal collar tips. It's rather tacky. Shame really as it was nice otherwise. It's going to the charity shop.

Vax U91-MA-B Air Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U91-MA-B Air Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmm, 27 Sep 2013
We purchased this for our flat, but tried it elsewhere first. The hose is ridiculously short - barely a metre long at full extension which isn't much use for ceiling corners or the far edges of furniture. It's also got an attachment which clips on the back of the unit but keeps falling off - so that's a bit of a pain.

The unit as a whole feels rather rattle-ish. It feels as though it's going to fall apart and the noise is really significantly louder than my current vacuum cleaner (a Dyson).

On the positive side, although we had to roll it across each section of the carpet two or three times to get the bits up, it did seem to clean very well. The cleaning was much the same as the Dyson, but it took two or three times as long to do the same area.

So all in all, a good cleaner, but frustratingly noisy, falls apart and slow to use.

Triple Waste Recycling Unit Under Counter Bin
Triple Waste Recycling Unit Under Counter Bin

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic in-cupboard option, 24 Mar 2013
We had to find an in cupboard bin for a fitted kitchen. This bin was perfect, wider than it is high it gives the maximum capacity whilst leaving the upper shelf in the cupboard free for storage. We were impressed by the service we received from the supplier and will be buying this product for other kitchens in future. One point though - the instructions are rubbish!

Bosch TDA2622 Sensixx BI steam iron White and green
Bosch TDA2622 Sensixx BI steam iron White and green

2.0 out of 5 stars Design flaw, 9 Sep 2012
This is a nice, lightweight iron. It runs very smoothly across damp ironing - haven't tried it on dry ironing.

The real pain about this iron is the stupid position of the flex cable. It sticks up (in a protective plastic mesh) at the back of the iron, so no matter how you position your hand, it's always in the way and the plastic mesh scratches the inside of your wrist! It does have a 'rollerball' connector to the iron so the cable moves around slightly, but not enough to make the ironing a comfortable experience.

Whoever designed this iron clearly does not iron for four hours at a time. I gave up after 30 minutes and went back to the old iron.

Burgon & Ball 2 Salad And Herb Wall Planters
Burgon & Ball 2 Salad And Herb Wall Planters
Offered by Gardening Naturally

1.0 out of 5 stars What a hideous mess!, 25 May 2012
These planters seemed like a great idea. We put them on the fence, planted them up and whoosh - all the water simply tips out - cascading not into the plant holder beneath - but straight down onto the patio.

The pockets simply hang out at to0 acute an angle to retain water unless it is drip fed into the pocket. There is no point at all in watering with a watering can. We can't get enough water to stay in the pockets to support the growth of our strawberry plants.

They were a complete waste of money and I wouldn't recommend them as planters to anyone.

Look Great Naturally... Without Ditching the Lipstick
Look Great Naturally... Without Ditching the Lipstick
by Janey Lee Grace

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you think, without challenging your pocket, 14 Jun 2010
I picked up this book having just read the Imperfectly Natural Woman. It's brimming with practical ideas and really made me stop and think about the synthetic muck and chemicals which are part of our daily lives here. Aside from being keen to try out some of the theories and recipies, we've agreed we will use up the products we have and then convert to organic products and at least give them a go. In the meantime, I'm off to get some coconut oil and a lot of raw veggies. It may be a while before I ditch the Dairy Milk - but I have plans to give every girlfriend a copy of this book and try to get my copy back off my husband!

Dyson DC03 Lifetime Hepa Filter
Dyson DC03 Lifetime Hepa Filter

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Product Name, 29 Jan 2008
This product is named 'lifetime' and the information states it should be washed every six months.

However, on receipt the box states the filter should be replaced every twelve months and says nothing about washing it.

Either this filter should last the lifetime of the Dyson or it needs replacing - the name or the description should be changed to clarify this.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2010 9:48 PM BST

Size 12 is Not Fat
Size 12 is Not Fat
by Meg Cabot

2.0 out of 5 stars 13 is too young, 9 Jan 2007
This review is from: Size 12 is Not Fat (Paperback)
I got this book for my daughter who is a big Meg Cabot fan. It didn't cross my mind that it might be for a slightly older readership than the All Amercian Girl, Mediator, Princess Diaries age range, and I didn't think to read it first.

So when an upset girl came downstairs asking me why I had given her a book about people being murdered, I took a proper interest.

I wouldn't recommend this book at all for a 13 year old, or any child who isn't really ready to learn about the nasty side of human nature. Perhaps in a couple of years, but really not yet.

From an adult perspective, an OK read, irritating in parts as per the other reviews and I wouldn't bother with any others in the same series.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2012 7:32 PM GMT