Profile for M. Mcdermott > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Spark!: How exercise will improve the performance of your brain
Spark!: How exercise will improve the performance of your brain

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this book., 29 Jan 2014
I’ve been involved in fitness and psychology for nearly 2 decades, and I still got a lot from this book.

Anyone suffering from anxiety, depression, ADHD needs to have a read or listen to this.

Vendetta [DVD]
Vendetta [DVD]
Dvd ~ Vincent Regan

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a watch, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Vendetta [DVD] (DVD)
A bit blatant in borrowing from other films, at one point when Danny’s CO was sitting down with the Detective I was just waiting for him to come out with, “What you call hell, he calls home!” :-)

But pretty entertaining, what I expected, not like the ‘Lords of London’ rubbish I purchased the week before.

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Normally not my thing, but wow!, 22 Jan 2014
I was recommended to read this book, but it was not high on my list, until I started to read, then I could not stop.

In 24hrs it was done, and as a rule I do not read fiction at all.

Much better than the film, and I am about to buy the next two.

Hummingbird [DVD] [2013]
Hummingbird [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Jason Statham

5.0 out of 5 stars By far Statham's best film!, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Hummingbird [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
This is a great film, not the usual switch off your brain Jason fare, (although I like most of those too), this is actually good for all the right reasons.

Lords of London [DVD]
Lords of London [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ray Winstone
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Massively misleading cover., 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lords of London [DVD] (DVD)
This film has little to do with London, it is set in a small Italian village, it is not the easy watch cheap British Gangster film that the case tries to make it out to be.

Ray Winstone is hardly in it either, false advertising in my opinion.

Take the time to read the blurb, (unlike me).

Deep Cover [DVD] [1993]
Deep Cover [DVD] [1993]
Dvd ~ Laurence Fishburne

5.0 out of 5 stars What is going on?, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Deep Cover [DVD] [1993] (DVD)
This is a fantastic film, brilliant performances.

I came her to buy another copy, but £40???

Why is this out of print when so much other rubbish is freely available.

Who do I petition to right this wrong?

Jimmy Carr Live - Laughing and Joking [DVD]
Jimmy Carr Live - Laughing and Joking [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars So pleased it was better than the last one., 4 Dec 2013
I had some anxiety about watching this DVD, as I was massively disappointed by the last effort, (I can't believe some people gave that 5 stars!), and when I saw him live earlier this year, it was not his best work.

But overall I was pleased, and laughed a lot.

It is not as good as his early DVD's and the beginning felt somewhat rushed, as if he was trying to squeeze too much in, and it affected the timing of the jokes.

There was a lot of repeated material, which did let the show down a bit, but well worth a watch and I shall certainly watch it again.

Doctor Proctor's Fart Powder
Doctor Proctor's Fart Powder

2.0 out of 5 stars Painful, 23 Oct 2013
I bought this to read to my 8yr old daughter at bedtime, thinking it would be funny, but it is not.

Maybe the jokes were lost in translation? But this book is painfully written, and I could not wait to get to the end, it was an endurance challenge to get through the countless repetitions of, "Nilly said", "Lisa said", like it had been written by a 6yr old.

I can't believe I'm actually looking forwards to reading her another Mallory Towers book after this atrocious offering.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2014 11:00 AM BST

The Lateness Of The Hour
The Lateness Of The Hour

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album I heard all year., 19 Oct 2013
Not much to say, this is amazing, the guy has great talent, he is fantastic live too, no over producing required.

Attention Deficit Disorder: The Unfocused Mind in Children and Adults (Yale University Press Health & Wellness)
by Thomas E. Brown PhD

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb in depth book, 25 Sep 2013
I've read a few ADHD books and this is probably the most comprehensive.

Not as easy to read as `Driven to Distraction', but more factual information which is useful and interesting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8