Profile for P. Martin > Reviews

Content by P. Martin

P. Martin (East Midlands)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
iZKA® - New Tesco HUDL 7" LCD Screen Protector Cover Guard - (Pack of 3) Includes Micro Fibre Cleaning Cloth & Application Card
Offered by iBox Ltd
Price: 2.94

5.0 out of 5 stars was easy to fit and was at a good price, 11 July 2014
Every screen - phone, tablet,or whatever, should have a screen protector. This does the job, was easy to fit and was at a good price.

Eurosonic Plug in Cordless Door Chime
Eurosonic Plug in Cordless Door Chime
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good item., 11 July 2014
This was purchased to supplement my existing door chime. Occasionally I lock my front latch gate and I fitted the bellpush to the gate post. I have made my regular visitors aware of this and when the gate is locked they use this secondary door chime to alert me of their visit. Lots of variations of tones and it is loud enough for the purpose. Good item.

22 slots case pouch holder for memory card SD card
22 slots case pouch holder for memory card SD card
Offered by L'LYS COLORS
Price: 1.89

5.0 out of 5 stars ... comparatively cheap and I feel that this is a good option. This item does exactly what I want ..., 11 July 2014
I decided that as well as a computer back-up for my camcorder videos I would not erase my SD cards but to store them - cards are now comparatively cheap and I feel that this is a good option. This item does exactly what I want as is keeps the cards together in one safe place. A very good price and post free too! Furthermore, the service I got from SYG was excellent.

Outdoor Rabbit Run Cage Pen with Sun Protection Net Cover, 72-inch, Black/ Silver Rectangle
Price: 39.49

5.0 out of 5 stars ... a very cleverly designed unit and once assembled is easy to assemble, 11 July 2014
This is a very cleverly designed unit and once assembled is easy to assemble! The lack of clear instructions make it a challenge, but in fact it should be quite simple. I purchased this item to supplement my existing chicken coop/hen house with a view to conveniently rotate the area the hens use and to this end it is very successful. Every other day I move the unit to another part of the garden and the hens do a fine job on weed control. The unit is big enough for the purpose, the hens have plenty of headroom and the number of access doors is a very good feature. Even without the support stakes it is sturdy enough. Would recommend the item for hens.

Casio WV-58DU-1AVES Mens Wave Ceptor Bracelet Digital Watch, Radio Controlled
Casio WV-58DU-1AVES Mens Wave Ceptor Bracelet Digital Watch, Radio Controlled
Offered by Berkshire Retail
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Casio WV 58DU-1AVES Radio Controlled Watch, 27 May 2014
I have had a radio controlled watch for several years and l have got used to the idea of never having to adjust the time - it is always accurate. My old watch finally died on me and I was looking for a replacement - my previous one was a square case which is a shape I liked. This replacement is a round one which I am now trying to get used to. The strap was too long for my wrist but was very easy to adjust - there is an excellent step by step video on You Tube showing how this can be done - and it now fits perfectly. The strap itself is very good quality. I have two minor criticisms. The first one is that the replacement watch has a distracting area on the top left of the face surrounding the date - in my opinion this clutters up the display (my previous watch did not have this surround). The second is the backlight. Although just adequate is is nevertheless none too bright. I have had previous Casio watches which have used "electro luminescence" display which I think is better but I accept that other might disagree with this.

Olympus VN-510 Digital Voice Recorder with 512MB Built-in Memory - White
Olympus VN-510 Digital Voice Recorder with 512MB Built-in Memory - White
Offered by allyouneeddirect
Price: 42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus VN-510 Digital Voice Recorder, 4 Dec 2013
This is a little gem, and is so easy to use. Want to record? Press the record button. Want to listen? Press the play button. Want to erase? Press the erase button and chose the "Yes" option. It can record over 50 hours in SP mode or 300 hours in LP mode - compare that with the old micro cassette tapes capacity of 30 minutes! Each recording made is allocated a file number so that you can search, then play back or erase as you require - again, compare that with the older cassette recorders when you had to search the tape in stages to find the part you were looking for. Sound quality is excellent for a voice recorder. It can voice record at fifteen feet but quality and volume does decrease at that distance. It can also be used to record telephone calls (which it does very well) by using a telephone box splitter and a telephone-to-3.5mm earphone jack.

3 IN 1 APPLE FRUIT PEELER SLICER CORER CUTTER CORING MACHINE STAND KITCHEN
3 IN 1 APPLE FRUIT PEELER SLICER CORER CUTTER CORING MACHINE STAND KITCHEN
Offered by 5 STAR SHOP
Price: 8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple peeler, 4 Dec 2013
This is a brilliant gadget, well engineered and easy to use. I had a glut of Bramleys this year and have frozen loads as puree. This gadget made easy work of the preparation and I recommend it.

iBPM Stylus 8 Pack for Tesco Hudl
iBPM Stylus 8 Pack for Tesco Hudl
Offered by BPM UK LTD
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars iBPM Stylus, 28 Nov 2013
Like many other uses I sometimes find that my fingers are too big/too clumsy for a phone's keypad and I sometime get strange results with predictive texting! These styluses work well and are very responsive. The small ones work well and are small enough to carry without taking up a great deal of space in a shirt pocket along with the phone.

Samsonite S'cure Spinner 75/28 10U002 49308
Samsonite S'cure Spinner 75/28 10U002 49308
Offered by Luggages and Bags
Price: 119.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsonite Secure Spinner case, 30 Oct 2013
This did not quite get a Best Buy rating in Which, although it came very close to being one. All the other Best Buys were zip closured which I did not want as I wanted something more substantial, more secure and as waterproof as possible. This product met all the criteria. It is easy to move, but on the downside, is slightly heavier at 4.8 kilos than some of the others. It is well designed and made and should last for years. It is held shut at three points, one of the points having a combination lock for added security.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2014 4:57 PM BST

8FT CHICKEN COOP DUCK HEN POULTRY ARK HOUSE HUTCH Run COUP,+ Nest, ** No Deliveries To Postcodes BT GY HS IM IV JE KW PA PH ZE** No Deliveries To Postcodes BT GY HS IM IV JE KW PA PH ZEPULL OUT Tray ,
Offered by PEL UK
Price: 159.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Coop, 8 Sep 2013
This comes in two packs, the house and the run. The instructions take the form of a step by step illustrated sheet and with the exception of one part, are very easy to follow. The pre-drilled holes make assembly very easy but I would suggest that assembly is carried out on a very flat surface such as a garage floor to ensure that all the parts match up correctly. I would also suggest the use of clamps when screwing two items together as this makes the screwing together of the two parts much easier. The one part of the instructions which could be explained better is the assembly of the pop-hole closing bar. This is shown as being fitted at an early stage of the assembly of the house, but when the run is assemble, the bar should be fitted in such a way that is fits into the pre-formed groove on the run - unless you are lucky with your fitting of the bar, it doesn't! I suggest that you fit the bar after the run is assembled in order to match the bar and the groove precisely. The unit is very smart, has adequate room for the chickens and the removable droppings floor is very useful. The gap underneath the house is high enough to serve as a wet day shelter for the chickens. I have placed the unit on block pavers to keep it off the soil and this gives a little more height as well as helping to keep the woodwork sound. Another adjustment I have made is not to screw down one side of the top of the run. As the top is hinged not screwing it down means that access can be gained to the run - in order to install and maintain a drinker for example.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3