Profile for Chaka Whyte > Reviews

Life N' Perspectives
Offered by petespick
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music just a shame..., 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Life N' Perspectives (Audio CD)
I first heard this band waaay back in the 90's when MTV still played music, had 'Vj's (Davina McCall!),and was more eurocentric. Anyway I was a fan from 'Fastlane' right through to 'Persona Non Grata'; but what always grated was not the music the band produced but the MC (Rudeboy Remmington);I always felt he was a bit weak and was a little amateurish. I think this album really highlights this, some of the music is great and without some of the lyrics would stand up against some of the better known crossover rock/rap acts of the time and later on. I just wished they had the balls to get a singer in or a writer/mentor for Rudeboy Remmington as his flow and singing are weak.

Authentic RDX MMA UFC Grappling Gloves Fight Boxing Punch Bag Kick Muay Thai TKD
Offered by B2Fitness
Price: 26.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Grappling gloves perfect for sparring and training.., 27 Mar 2014
I like these gloves as they allow some freedom once you have got them all loosened up, They are comfortable and once loosened up feel quite natural. I was a little put off at first by the large holes in the palm, but after a while you get used to them and stop the sweaty palm feeling, that I get in my old gloves. I will continue to use them for my training and for some bag work but I would suggest that when you buy you sleep on them or sit on them for a week and get some sweat into them to loosen them up as one that happens they feel good. But a decent purchase.

Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by 6 Hungry Weasels
Price: 10.30

3.0 out of 5 stars Like Whitney sang.., 6 Feb 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
"It's not right but it's ok". It sums up my feeling for this game. Yup, I will compare it to C.O.D, as this game is in the same market. I thought the overall game play was fine, but it was a little too scripted, like others have said. You have to follow the path set out any diversion is not allowed. I got annoyed the pace of the game, as it seemed a little slow, there seemed to be no urgency. I found it too short the storyline is far too dull, what was the bits in between the game play about? I could have done without them really I wished they actually pushed the plot on but it seemed to slow the game down and bored me. the game does have plus points, I liked the sniper section, I liked the way how the weapons felt when you fired them, when you fire at someone you actually have to aim as in some FPS games you can just aim in that general direction and kill them.

All in all, the game is ok but I would suggest you buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops

The Ecstatic
The Ecstatic
Price: 8.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Mos Def's Kind of Blue, exile on main street, Mothership Connection, 13 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Ecstatic (Audio CD)
All recording artist aim to do their own version of that one classic that defines what they truly want to produce, the album that sets them up as a classic artist. On the first time I listend to this album I had to listend to it again, it made so much sense to give it a repeat. Instantly I thought it was his finest work, it threw down a guantlet to others, not one single duff track on this album. It ranks along side "3 feet high and rising...", "it takes a nation of millions..", "straight outta compton", "illamatic". I try to think of some songs that can be singled out a true classics from this album "quite dog bite hard" "casa bey" but the album kicks off very well and carries on in the same vein. I would recomend this album to anyone who likes Hip hop but as 50 cent and Eminem still pollute a belching chasm of stale hip hop it get swamped down in the mire of dross which is a shame as this is possibly the album of the year.

Championship Manager 08 (PC CD)
Championship Manager 08 (PC CD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Woeful display from Edios, 24 April 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This game franchise is fast becomming redundant, I have to admit that my laptop might not be as powerful as newer pc out there but the football manager 2008 game runs smoothly and gives you much better game. In this game I have found it nearly impossible to buy anyone from overseas and get a work permit, you cannot see the game played on screen like other games you cannot customise the training timetables, the game plods from on day to another and sometimes takes forever. I managed to do a whole weekends worth of washing up before I got from tuesday 08:00 to weds 08:00. Without some of the changes made to the game like there have been made to FM '08 like the different scouting network, and with the option of a feeder clubs, the game feels very dated only with some nuances here and there. Stick with Football Manager 2008 as this game feels like going to dinner and dancing with Raquel Welch when you were promised Angelina Jolie.

The Fence: The Art of Protection
The Fence: The Art of Protection
by Geoff Thompson
Price: 8.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical and realistic, 23 Jun 2007
Geoff Thompson should be in every martial artist vocabulary, along with Bob Breen, Dan Inosanto, Larry Hartsell. He is grounded in his no-nonses style of giving the truth to those who take the time to read one of his books. After reading this I found it very helpful in all aspects of life not just martial arts practice, in my work and socail life. The Fence is a useful tool that easily placate a situation as it is non threatening and makes you ready for any type of confrontation. The only bug bare I have with this book is the acecdotes could have done without them but I suppose they were to highlight a point, but they came across as a bloke bragging really. only four stars from me as could have done with a little more

Oz : Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Oz : Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ernie Hudson
Price: 12.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Why British TV could never surpass the Americans, 15 Jun 2007
This review is from: Oz : Complete Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I have some varied opinions on why british tv is so bad at drama at the moment: too safe in the tired cop genre, too comfy in the period drama (Jane Austin is the 19th century literary equivalent of Mills & Boon), too much effort given to soaps, the decline of channel 4, Reality tv....I could go on but I am here to heap so much praise on an unknown American cult classic if you missed it when it was on channel 4 (11:45pm?) then you missed a great show it has everything that so lacks from british dramas, character, story, and deeper plots. I urge you to reach out and find this a place alongside other brilliant dramas from the Us like The Sopranos, The Wire, The Sheild. And after you have witnessed how great it is you will not be able to look at The Bill, Holby Blue, anything by Linda LaPlant the same.

The Da Vinci Code (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
The Da Vinci Code (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT
Price: 2.72

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh so dire, 15 Jun 2007
I have to admit that I saw this film from the perspective of not reading the book, sorry but I could not let myself be swept away in the nonsense of the great fiction that it was and I think the film and the book have a definite Airport feel about them. This film proves that I was right to ignore the books hype: I mean COME ON! if the film was 15 mins shorter then it might have had some credit to it letting the veiwer use their own imagination to come to some sort of conclusion. This film is just plain bad, no doubt, I felt insulted that I had to suffer throught this rubbish, and see Tom Hanks' face with a the same emotive range that he has not managed to surpass since 'Turner and Hooch'. AVOID

Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything
Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything
by Steven D. Levitt
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Conventional Wisdom takes a hit, 15 Jun 2007
I had no intrest in economics and it never seemed to pass through my mind when I went about my life. But then two things made me change my thinking of economics; first was a this book then came "the Trap" a BBC documentary (if you missed then what where you doing?. This book is a semi revelation toward the challenges to conventional wisdom and how we are told how things in life are portrayed. there is no big conspiracy theory behind this it's just a simple case of looking at the numbers and revealing some truths. I would recommend that this read but it seems to tails off at the end and become overinvolved in a subject that seems a bit tenuous. But those who critque the writing prose, why should it written in a fanciful way as this would be a detractor to the facts. I would recoomend you to have a look just for the simple fact it can widen your eyes just that little bit.

In The Miso Soup
In The Miso Soup
by Ryu Maurakami
Price: 6.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I would call holiday reading, 5 Jun 2007
This review is from: In The Miso Soup (Paperback)
I read this tome on holiday and it was over faster than I cared to remember; both the holiday and the book. Apart from the one gruesome part halfway through the book I think this book is okay if that sort of thing gets you off. I thought the main character was a bit of a chump and I did not have any sympathy for him and he seem a bit too detctched from the action in a way to have any real impact on you the reader, the other charater seems more engaging and i wish he was expanded a bit more...but maybe that was the point of the guy he remains an enigma. I couldn't recommmend this book to you really to read. Buy it in all accounts if you think post-modern japan needs to katow to western sterotyps and in return you want to have a narrow reflection of japanese culture shone back at you. 3 stars out of five from me only because of the prose is quite engaging

Page: 1 | 2 | 3