Profile for Mr. S. Jeffery > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. Jeffery

Mr. S. Jeffery (London, England)

Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches
Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches
by Don Jones
Price: 22.72

5.0 out of 5 stars A really informative and easy to understand book, 4 Jun 2012
I purchase a lot of books that cover areas of IT that I am interested in.
This one stands heads and shoulders above the others, purely down to the authors ability to explain complex topics in an easy to remember style. I love the month of lunches idea, and it works a charm.

I am so much better off for reading this book, and have now automated tasks and navigated my way through complex challenges strictly down to what I have learnt from this book.

A really great job, and I hope to see more from this author in the future.

V-moda XFLPR-E-GUNBLACK Crossfade LP Remote with Inline Volume Control - Gunmetal Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent enough, 3 July 2011
There are undoubtably more expensive headphones on the market that do not sound as good, or are as comfortable as these headphones.

I'm slightly disapppointed by the headphone cables as they tend to lose connection when you move around, but I am relatively confident that this is not a massive fault of the product in general and is likely just a fault with my set.

The sound is really clean, I am especially impressed with the bass.

I'd definitely recommend them to anyone who wants a decent set of headphones, but like me is against spending more money than needed.

Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Best Practices
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Best Practices
by Bill English Ben Curry
Price: 36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable reading, 16 Oct 2008
This book closes the gap.

The gap between installing SharePoint, and successfully deploying it in your environment.

You will soon realise that there is way more than next, next, finish in a MOSS implementation!

Good luck to all, and I recommend a 'short plank' for the laggards!

Creating the Secure Managed Desktop: Using Group Policy, SoftGrid, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and Other Management Tools
by Jeremy Moskowitz
Price: 28.15

4.0 out of 5 stars The holy grail?, 16 Oct 2008
If such thing exists, then perhaps you have just found it?
I have lost countless hours in my professional life researching the topic of building a hands free desktop. Every IT department dreams of a single image per OS, and this book definately helps you get many steps closer.

I've found the style of writing interesting as it is using terminology used in the field, rather than in a classroom, so if you have a fair amount of experience in OS deployment, and all that relates to it, then I would invest in this. A definate 'desk top' book! It has not left my desk since I bought it!

We-Think: Mass innovation, not mass production: The Power of Mass Creativity
We-Think: Mass innovation, not mass production: The Power of Mass Creativity
by Charles Leadbeater

3.0 out of 5 stars Been said before, 16 Oct 2008
From the very start, re-labelling 'Collaboration' with 'WeThink' is actually annoying. After 200 odd pages of hearing 'We Think' can do this and that, becomes downright offensive. 'We Think' is mentioned probably a hundred times, and WILL drive you mad.
This book is one step above rubbish. It repeats age old examples of well known successes, and tries to convince the reader that it has been rebadged and improved. And by rebadging an old idea, means you can call everything We Think.

So, my honest opinion is that you should not pay for this book. Sure, if a friend gives you a copy, then read it.. You can then laugh at them for paying for it (speaking from experience!)

Wikinomics
Wikinomics
by Don Tapscott
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Pleasurable Read, 4 Oct 2008
This review is from: Wikinomics (Paperback)
I for one found this book to be very informative, and it provided me with many interesting, and some surprising examples of which I will use for presentations and the like for my work.

I've developed an updated and refreshed outlook on the web and its developments, and this is largely due to this book.

Well written, thoroughly researched, and I highly recommend this to anybody.