Profile for T. Ali Al Raisi > Reviews

Content by T. Ali Al Raisi

T. Ali Al Raisi (Muscat- Oman)

CSI New York: The Complete Collection [DVD]
CSI New York: The Complete Collection [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Oct. 2014
Excellent collection, excellent series. I knocked 1 star off because the CD's were not sequentially numbered. These were the same discs that probably came in the individual collections. Most of the discs have no indications on which series they belong to, so you have discs labeled (Disc 1, Disc 2, Disc 3, Disc 4) and that is repeated more than once. Some of the discs contain the series number.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2014 7:03 PM BST

Live At Montreux 2002 [Blu-ray] [2013]
Live At Montreux 2002 [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Ub40

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Video and Sound quality from this blu Ray, 22 Dec. 2013
It has been a few years since I really listened to UB40. I admit that I am a casual listener to Ub40 and not a hardcore fan. This Blu ray disk is a very good quality disk with excellent video and audio. It is a very good disk to enjoy. The band is in top form and all the classics that I know off are here. The mood in the concert is very dynamic and alive. The concert does not look and sound like a concert that took place more than 10 years ago.

Live At The Royal Albert Hall [incl. CD] [Blu-ray] [2011][Region Free]
Live At The Royal Albert Hall [incl. CD] [Blu-ray] [2011][Region Free]
Dvd ~ Adele

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite Blu-rays, 1 Nov. 2013
If you like Adele, this is a purchase you should made. The music is excellent, Adele was in excellent form, and the quality of the audio and video is outstanding. This is a must for all fans. This blu-ray is one of the blu-rays I use to demo my audio system.

Baraka: Remastered [Blu-ray] [1992]
Baraka: Remastered [Blu-ray] [1992]
Dvd ~ Ron Fricke

5.0 out of 5 stars Baraka Never Looked Better- Unbelievable picture quality, 15 May 2012
I have the DVD version of Baraka and it was my favourite relaxation disk. I upgraded to bluray on a whim, I did not think that the picture quality will be that much improved. I am glad to say that I way mistaken. The picture and sound quality will fool you into thinking that this was filmed in 2012 and not in 1992. I cannot believe my eyes and ears. This is a demo worthy material and if you have proper setup gear, you can use this to demonstrate what your setup can do.

One thing that I did not know until I watched the special features on this disk, is that the original Baraka was filed in 65mm film. For the Bluray release, the original 65mm was re-scanned. This is the reason for the reference picture quality.

Highly recommended.

Avatar Extended Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]
Avatar Extended Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Sam Worthington

5.0 out of 5 stars This is how Avatar should be watched, 15 May 2012
The picture and sound quality of the Bluray is really good. This is a demo worthy disk. Highly recommended, the additions to the story add some more meaningful bits and makes this movie a better movie than that shown in the theatres. The picture and sound quality are the best that you can get now. The price is reasonable. Highly recommended.

Sucker Punch (Incl. Extended Cut) [Blu-ray + DVD] [2011] [Region Free]
Sucker Punch (Incl. Extended Cut) [Blu-ray + DVD] [2011] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Emily Browning
Offered by Buy Low Cost Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Artistic fantasy movie. Pure gold., 12 May 2012
I bought this bluray without knowing much about the movie. Watched it with little expectations and was impressed with the entire movie experience. The movie has a fast pace and is full of effects. Sound and picture quality are top-notch. I am sure that you can get a summary of the movie plot in IMDB and elsewhere. The bluray is demo worthy. If you have the equipment, this movie is a good way of experiencing your setup.

Circle of Drums
Circle of Drums

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful artist at his best, brilliant surround mix, 19 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Circle of Drums (Audio CD)
I have a couple of other Babatunde records. This one is one of the best out there. If you have not heard of him, he is a Nigerian traditional drummer. The album can be categorised as world music.

The SACD sound quality and the 5.1 mix is just superb. In my setup, the invigorating sound of drums surrounds you and fills the room. Nice demo of your SACD setup and very nice fulfilling sound.

Highly recommended.

Spanish Guitar Music
Spanish Guitar Music

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Not an easy listening album, 17 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Spanish Guitar Music (Audio CD)
This is the first and only John Williams CD that I bought. I thought that this was an easy listening album similar to Govi, Behzad, Ottmar ...etc.

Turns out that this album is of John Williams playing classical music. He is a talented guitarist and plays really well. I did not appreciate the music selection though. This is an album that I will store with the other CD's and listen to occasionally, not something to put in the car and use as background music.

Not a bad album, but not what I thought.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2014 3:06 PM BST