Profile for sue brown > Reviews

Content by sue brown

sue brown

Baking Bread with Children (Crafts and Family Activities)
Baking Bread with Children (Crafts and Family Activities)
by Warren Lee Cohen

5.0 out of 5 stars a gift for our children and grandchildren, 14 Sept. 2010
Baking Bread with Children (Crafts)

This is a MUST have book for any mother, aunt or grandmother who is seeking a tranquil , creative and joyous way to spend some precious quality time with their children .
The beautiful stories and illustrations, that accompany this very special recipe book, make it a delight to share with young and old alike.
As a grandmother now in my 60's, I still hold dear the memories I have of spending time with my mother and grandmother as they involved me in their work of baking for our family.
This book brings ,in a delightful manner ,a family tradition that sometimes gets overlooked in the hectic lifestyle so many of us experience these days. It is a GIFT indeed !

Offered by marvelio-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars hope for a new generation, 8 Aug. 2010
Rainbow Race / Now / Young Vs Old

This reissue is a real gift for a new audience interested in using the power of music to make our world a better place to live in.
Pete Seeger gives us hope that we CAN work together to bring peace and harmony in our strife ridden world.
He addresses in these songs issues that are current in the minds of intelligent caring people today,40 years on since these LP's were first issued.
We are still facing conflicts between different ideologies and nations, and still facing serious enviromental challenges.

In the song "Letter To Eve " Pete sings " if music could only bring peace---I'd only be a musician !"

What an amazing legacy this man is leaving for all of us and for future generations !
This compilation of songs is a real gift for anyone wishing to gain from his humility and experience,and hope that the power of singing his songs can help to heal this sad confused world society we live in.
Yours very sincerely