Profile for froggog > Reviews

Paranormality: Why we believe the impossible
Paranormality: Why we believe the impossible
by Richard Wiseman

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Aug. 2014
This is an absolutely brilliant book. It covers many aspects of "paranormality" new and old and debunks many.
The explanations on why we believe them are logical and sound, and there is more than a touch of humour throughout the book.
I wish only that this could be a standard text in secondary schools!
Highly recommended

VELUX Telescopic Pole Rod To Operate VELUX Blinds Skylight Roof Window
VELUX Telescopic Pole Rod To Operate VELUX Blinds Skylight Roof Window
Offered by Itzala Blinds

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Aug. 2014
I have bought two and I wish I had bought them years ago.

Vistro Slimline Rectangular Desk - Silver Cantilever Leg Style Office Desk - Steel Cantilever Legs - Two Cable Management Ports - Sturdy Home Office Furniture Computer Workstation - W 1200mm x D 600mm x H 725mm - 25mm Thick Desktop - Beech Finish

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to assemble, 2 Jun. 2014
I selected this desk as I was updating my Home Study and needed to fill an exact space. This one was just the right size for me and I bought separately a 2 drawer pedestal on casters.
The desk is well made and easy to assemble. The brushed steel legs look better than on the photos.

Kärcher K4 Home Water-Cooled Pressure Washer
Kärcher K4 Home Water-Cooled Pressure Washer

5.0 out of 5 stars much better than I thought, 24 Jun. 2013
I was given an old Karcher washer and was not too impressed by the results. I decided to buy the K4 based on the reviews and I am delighted with it.
Assembly is very straightforward.
I have used it mostly with the patio cleaning head and it is most impressive in that mode, with or without the detergent. Several years' worth of fungi and dirt have been cleaned off with minimum effort.

NETGEAR WN3000RP-100UKS Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
NETGEAR WN3000RP-100UKS Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
Offered by ThomsonsTopBooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up, 2 Feb. 2012
I live in a large Victorian semi and I have had real problems over the years in receiving my WiFi signal in many parts of the house.
This WiFi range extender does exactly what is claims. My router does not support WPS (the easiest set up option). But it was still straightforward and the instructions very clear, even for someone like me who normally finds setting up a home network quite a daunting task.
The extender has now been working well for a month.

Duronic TVB103M Black Universal 33"-65" LCD/Plasma/LED/3D/4K TV Wall Mount Bracket Tilt with [Security Locking Bar] - Max VESA 600 x 400
Offered by DURONIC

4.0 out of 5 stars not as quick as I thought, 17 Sept. 2011
This is a thoroughly good product, well made and designed for use with many TV sets. Mine was a LG 50PV350T 50-inch Widescreen TV.
My only comment is that, unlike another reviewer who claims it took him 10 minutes to install it, I set aside a quiet morning and was pleased that I had done so as it took me over an hour to assemble it and fix it to the wall and TV.
I am very satisfied with it and it is excellent value for money. But allow plenty of time and make sure you have all your tools ready!