Profile for Apple Stroodel > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Gone
Gone

4.0 out of 5 stars Gone but not Forgotten, 13 April 2015
This review is from: Gone (Kindle Edition)
Having read The Maze Runner series By Dashner, I decided to start reading the Gone novels by Michael Grant, which were incidently recommended again by my daughter.
The first one is Gone and it is again a real page turner, a cross between Lord of the Flies and Men. It is well written and has a great plot . The characters all have identifiable powers and you soon start to realise who the baddies and goodies are. I am not going to say anything about the storyline as it will spoil it for the reader, all I am going to say is it is a riveting read and we'll worth a look. Hope you enjoy it look forward to the next one Hunger. Bring it on I say.

The Kill Order (Maze Runner)
The Kill Order (Maze Runner)

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic in the making flares up, 14 Mar. 2015
I give this 5 stars, a great book from beginning to end. It's fast paced, something jumping out at you on every page turned.
It has a great story line and links in well with the Maze Runner series telling the story of how things went tits up before hand. Loved the whole series, and I thank James Dashner for immersing me into this world, cheers.

Billy the Kid
Billy the Kid

5.0 out of 5 stars The Boy can play, no kidding ye, 11 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Billy the Kid (Kindle Edition)
I adore the simplicity of Michael Morpurgos story telling and love the way his writing appeals to adult and children alike. As I love footie and war stories, this was right up my street. A great book that can be read in half a day, plus great illustrations.

Maze Runner 3: The Death Cure (The Maze Runner)
Maze Runner 3: The Death Cure (The Maze Runner)

5.0 out of 5 stars That cured it, 4 Feb. 2015
What a cracking series, this the final book didn't disappoint one bit. Again a real page turner from beginning to end. To think my daughter recommended this to her father awesome. Looking forward to the prequel and the Maze Runner film tonight downloaded from Amazon. Bring it on !!!!!!

Maze Runner 2: The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner)
Maze Runner 2: The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner)

5.0 out of 5 stars Scorched alive, 26 Jan. 2015
This 2nd helping was a real belter of a book. There was a twist here, a turn there, something happening on every page. This was fast paced all the way through, the plot continually thickened, leaving you guessing as to who was on whose side. A great book for young adult readers and adults alike, the Maze Runner series is aMazing to say the least. Look forward to the next installment, bring it on .

The Maze Runner
The Maze Runner

5.0 out of 5 stars Grieving for the Creators next book, 17 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Maze Runner (Kindle Edition)
What a book, terrific, a real page turner, recommended to me by my daughter, looking forward to the next exciting instalment and the Movie the Maze Runner. I'm not saying much more just read it for yourselves, it's awesome.

Valentine Joe
Valentine Joe

5.0 out of 5 stars The Heart of the story is Hidden, 6 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Valentine Joe (Kindle Edition)
A lovely book, with a authentic heart felt plot. Every child and adult for that mater, like myself, should read this. I really enjoyed it, taking me hauntingly into the past and WW 1, a trip that will stay with me when I think of Valentine's Day. Thank you Rebecca Stevens for this work, God bless you as you have blessed me amen x

Guilty Gadgets ® - 1.5m 1.4v High speed Gold Plated Micro HDMI (Type D) to HDMI (Type A) Cable For Amazon Fire HD 8 9, Kindle Fire HD 7 (Not HDX) (only works on Kindle purchased before Sept 2013, see picture for two ports), Blackberry Playbook, Google Asus Nexus 10 Microsoft Surface tablet, Mobile Phone, Cameras, other Tablets or device with Micro Port to PC or HD TV LED LCD Plasma Projector HDTV

1.0 out of 5 stars picture perfect, 2 Jun. 2014
Fantastic purchase, now I can watch all my HD films on my HD tv from my kindle library. It works a treat, giving me good picture quality and sound. Downside was that my lead got lost in the post but that was the Royal Mails fault and Guilty Gadjets sent me another one straight away after I reported it through Amazon's complaints procedure, so fair play to them. The price was bang on to, £4.99 so much cheaper than the shops as Maplins wanted £24.99 and PC World wanted £14.99 respectively, so a real bargain, plus free postage to boot, it don't get much better than that. Can now view my email, read my paper, play my music , everything can be done now in a large screen format if I so wish to. Many thanx to Guilty Gadgets from a happy customer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2014 5:51 PM BST

The Book Thief
The Book Thief

5.0 out of 5 stars I am haunted by this book amen, 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Book Thief (Kindle Edition)
I recommend this book to you the human race. It's words will touch your soul, and prepare you to meet its narrator in a different light. He will come like a thief in the night and steal your book, your book of life, but what will be your story, your legacy, will it be written for all to learn from, as was the Book Thief. Mankind read, weep, laugh, hurt, and feel the pain within these pages, a must read for the soul and salvation of human kind amen.
God reach in to all that turn its pages amen.

This Is... 1985
This Is... 1985

3.0 out of 5 stars Recession alley, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: This Is... 1985 (MP3 Download)
Hits from the recession ridden era not bad, but only OKish, But for 79p beggars cant be choosers and with money tight after Chrimbo, you could do worse.

Page: 1 | 2