Profile for Mrs Louise E Miles, UK > Reviews

Content by Mrs Louise E M...

Mrs Louise E Miles, UK

Page: 1 | 2
The Psychopath Test
The Psychopath Test

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 22 Jun 2013
Great book. A gripping subject intelligently explored by Jonson's curious, analytical mind - with his hallmark wry humour running through it.

Wool (Wool Trilogy)
Wool (Wool Trilogy)

4.0 out of 5 stars Vivid sense of place, 26 Mar 2013
This was a really good read. Howey has created a very palpable, very believable world with all the right ingredients: atmosphere, characterisation and action. Very much looking forward to the next one in the series.

Marware Vibe Case with Stand for Kindle Fire HD 7", Red (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7" [Previous Generation])

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid product, 23 Jan 2013
This was given as a gift and looked good on the kindle fire. A sturdy, good-looking accessory. A good present.

Upload Your Photo - Merry Christmas - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Card
Upload Your Photo - Merry Christmas - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Card

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to download, 23 Jan 2013
This is a good little extra for sending the gift card. It looked good and was a clear distinct picture.

Children's Writers' & Artists' Yearbook 2013 2013 (Writers' and Artists')
Children's Writers' & Artists' Yearbook 2013 2013 (Writers' and Artists')
by .

5.0 out of 5 stars A vital tool, 23 Jan 2013
A must have for any aspiring writer. I usually buy the general writers' yearbook but this year bought the children's and I'm discovering it was a good choice.

Cuckoo
Cuckoo

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good story, 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: Cuckoo (Kindle Edition)
I wasn't quite sure if I was going to enjoy this book at first but it drew me in and after a few chapters I couldn't put it down. I was intrigued by the friendship between the two women and I loved the ending. Will there be a sequel?

Finders Keepers
Finders Keepers

4.0 out of 5 stars A tense read, 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: Finders Keepers (Kindle Edition)
The story moved along very well and I especially enjoyed the blossoming romance between the two teenage characters. I felt the author created those feelings very vividly. The kidnap of the children was gripping and horrific. A good page-turner.

The Whores' Asylum
The Whores' Asylum

4.0 out of 5 stars Meticulously written, 23 Jan 2013
I enjoyed the story and the characters very much. The style felt authentic and created a real feeling for an earlier age. I felt the author explored the powerlessness of women at that time very effectively.

Dark Eden
Dark Eden

5.0 out of 5 stars Strange, fragile world, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Dark Eden (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. The Eden the author created was a believable, vividly realized place. The characters gradually came to life as the story evolved. I loved the humour and the way the stories had been passed down, like chinese whispers. I now have to stop myself exclaiming: Gela's tits!

Body Work (V.I. Warshawski)
Body Work (V.I. Warshawski)

4.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric, authentic, 9 Dec 2012
This was the first Sara Paretsky book I've read and I enjoyed it very much. I thought the whole idea of the body artist was really original and the structure of the plot around this central theme was suitably complex and interesting. I liked the writing style and the characters were vividly portrayed; I believed in them and cared what happened to them. I'd definitely recommend this book to those who like a meaty and original crime thriller.

Page: 1 | 2