Profile for Damian Kingsbury > Reviews

Content by Damian Kingsbury

Damian Kingsbury (Hyde, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Apple Watch Case, i-Blason TPU Cases [5 Color Combination Pack] for Apple Watch / Watch Sport / Watch Edition 2015 Release 2015 (42 mm)
Offered by I-Blason EU

3.0 out of 5 stars and there's a perfectly good argument for not, 1 Aug. 2015
There's an argument for having one of these, and there's a perfectly good argument for not. Having received my Apple Watch Sport as a gift, I was keen to make sure that it didn't scratch or damage so opted for one. As I use my watch out on runs, DIY, all the time in fact, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. However, the watch doesn't look as sleek or sexy with it on.

PROS: It definitely offers more confidence to wear the watch normally, without fear of catching it on edges of furniture etc

CONS: It hides the beautiful finish on the watch

The LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Idea Book: 181 Simple Machines and Clever Contraptions
The LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Idea Book: 181 Simple Machines and Clever Contraptions
by Yoshihito Isogawa

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent and simple way of getting more fun out of building Lego robots!, 2 Jan. 2015
Having bought another Isogawa Lego book recently, I was slightly nervous about purchasing this one. However, I had nothing to worry about. As a genuine 'ideas' book for expanding the possibility of Lego Mindstorms EV3 (a birthday present from my wife), this book does 'exactly what it says on the tin'. If you want step-by-step instructions, like you get with Lego sets, then you will be disappointed, but the pictures are fairly self-explanatory (with extra pictures for the more complex ideas) and the ideas are comprehensive!

LEGO Star Wars 75056 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar
LEGO Star Wars 75056 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar
Offered by RBees Home, Garden & Toy Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars and neither of us were disappointed. In my opinion, 2 Jan. 2015
I bought two of these; one for my 8-year old Nephew and one for me (for something to talk about on the telephone!), and neither of us were disappointed. In my opinion, this advent calendar eclipses last years by a country mile, ...more of the ships are recognisable from the films (but in miniature, of course!) and the Santa Darth Vader was a really nice touch too. Overall, a perfect (although expensive!) companion for any Lego/Star Wars/Christmas fan (and it kept the kid off of chocolate too!)

UE MINI BOOM Bluetooth Wireless Speaker- Black
UE MINI BOOM Bluetooth Wireless Speaker- Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speaker for a great price, 2 Jan. 2015
Bought on Black Friday, I have been keeping my eye out for a good deal on a bluetooth speaker for a while. As a loyal Logitech buyer (well, reasonably so!), I thought I would give this a go and haven't been disappointed so far. Managed a full day of listening to Christmas tunes while preparing Christmas dinner on one charge, and have successfully paired the speaker with two iPhones and a MacBook Air without any problems. I think it's over-priced at full price, but if you can get this speaker on a good deal you won't be disappointed!

Doxie Go - Rechargeable A4 Paper Scanner
Doxie Go - Rechargeable A4 Paper Scanner
Offered by Apparent

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and does an excellent job!, 2 Jan. 2015
Very early days with this rechargeable scanner, but first impressions are that it is an excellent piece of equipment that suits my needs perfectly. I selected the Doxie Go after some excellent reviews elsewhere (as well as on Amazon), and wanted something that could help me achieve my goal of eventually going paperless at home and in the office: enter the Doxie Go! If you aren't *that* bothered about the risk of paper being fed through crooked (I am lazy and have been scanning on my lap, rather than on a flat surface like a table!) then you will be really impressed with the simplicity of the equipment and the software too!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2015 6:30 PM GMT

The BRICK - Ultra Portable Mini Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speakers for All Devices with Bluetooth Capability - 10 hours Playtime (rechargeable battery) / with Built-in Mic for use as a Powerful Handsfree Speakerphone (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost there, and cheap too!, 21 Aug. 2014
If this nifty little wireless speaker didn't have an annoying voice talking to you every time you switched it on or pair a device, and the hands-free function was more reliable, I would give it a 5* rating.

Given the price, it is still excellent and well worth a try if you don't want to spend £150+ on a speaker.

Power Support HD Anti-Glare Films for New iPhone 5 (2 Anti-Glare Front)
Power Support HD Anti-Glare Films for New iPhone 5 (2 Anti-Glare Front)
Offered by MUSCAVA

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best screen protector, 21 Aug. 2014
These are THE best screen protectors. I am a three generation fan (iPod Touch, iPhone 4 and now 5s) and wouldn't use anything else!

The only protectors that I've found that are bubble-free, the anti-glare really works (hence saving battery life because of not needing to put the brightness up!) and they last for years (I have away the spare in my iPhone 4 pack because one lasted for the whole two-year contract!).

Speck SmartFlex Card Case for Apple iPhone 5/5S - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for no wallet days, 21 Aug. 2014
I have just got back from a multi-stop, three-week honeymoon and this wallet/case has been a breath of fresh air!

Not only did I manage to fit a combination of credit card, ID and (just about) currency in it but the material used meant that my often sweaty/sun cream-covered hands didn't drop my iPhone when taking pictures/paying for stuff etc!

My only minor gripe would be that the very clever mechanism to keep the magnetic card strips away from the phone made putting money into the wallet space difficult (unless wrapped around a credit card!).

Cocoon Grid-It! 7-Inch Tablet Wrap Organiser for Samung Galaxy Tab/Nook/Kindle/Sony Daily

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for travelling, but only just closes with accessories, 21 Aug. 2014
I agree with other reviewers who have observed that this Grid-It could have a slightly longer wraparound, to allow for bulkier items to be attached to the elastics, but I just about managed to attach a portable battery pack/stylus/charger cable on the front and it still closed (emphasis on just!) when travelling on numerous flights recently.

The pocket is big enough to fit both the iPad Mini and a keyboard, which was a pleasant surprise!

CHARGEKEY | Lightning Cable, Key Sized - iPhone 5/5s/5c | NOMAD
CHARGEKEY | Lightning Cable, Key Sized - iPhone 5/5s/5c | NOMAD

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly pricey, but does the job (for a period of time!), 21 Aug. 2014
As a typical iPhone user (i.e. One who doesn't make it through the day without needing a charge!), I have found the ChargeKey to be the perfect addition to my keys.

UPDATE: After approximately 3 months of use, the 'hole' to attach the ChargeKey to my keyring, snapped off.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6