Profile for DEG > Reviews

Content by DEG

DEG (Cheshire, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Christ Crucified
Christ Crucified

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written masterpiece of profound theology (not kindle edition), 3 May 2015
This review is from: Christ Crucified (Kindle Edition)
This book is a masterpiece in the communication of profound theology. But don't assume that means it is written for scholars or university students. It is written to glorify Christ and to enable us all to praise God for so great salvation. Reading this you will find yourself pausing to turn aside to pray and praise. I only wish there was a hardback version because I'll be reading this more than once.

LP Extreme Ankle Support
LP Extreme Ankle Support

3.0 out of 5 stars Size 11? Tight fit., 20 July 2014
I'm male, size 11 feet and though advertised as 'one size fits all' the packaging actually states 'size 71/2 to 10'

I can use the support but it is a stretch. And I only started using it 3 weeks after severely spraining my ankle playing Badminton. I'm pretty sure it would not have covered my very swollen ankle during the first two weeks.

I can wear the support with trainers, although obviously I have to slacken the laces. And it does seem to work very well. I'm still not able to play badminton yet, but intend to wear this once I return to the game.

In summary then: probably very helpful and effective if you are smaller than a size 11. If you are a size 11 you are unlikely to benefit from this support during the first few weeks following a severe sprain.

Moleskine Ruled Notebook (13 x 21cm)
Moleskine Ruled Notebook (13 x 21cm)

5.0 out of 5 stars so check to see which one suits you best., 2 July 2014
I've been an avid note taker all my adult life. I jot down thoughts, ideas, and quotations or references I read that interest me. I've become very fussy about the notebooks I use and the pens I write with. Once I discovered Moleskine I never bought anything else. But if you're buying, they do a variety of sizes, A5 and A4 included, as well as 9 x 14 cm, which is the one I use mostly, so check to see which one suits you best.

Hank
Hank
Offered by streetsahead

3.0 out of 5 stars I really like instrumental guitar music, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Hank (Audio CD)
I really like instrumental guitar music, and Hank Marvin is a favourite but this was just O.K. In fact, I wish I'd saved my money. 'Guitar Man' and 'Guitar Player' are two much better CDs. On this one some of the arrangements seem to jar and sound abrasive. In some cases they don't follow the regular tempo of the songs, and in some cases instruments other than the guitars dominate. If you're thinking of buying this and don't have the others I've mentioned I'd get either of them instead. At any rate, listen to the samples of the tracks carefully before parting with your loot.

Magnificent Obsession: Why Jesus is Great
Magnificent Obsession: Why Jesus is Great
by David A. Robertson

4.0 out of 5 stars A very thorough book and very helpful for those willing ..., 2 July 2014
A very thorough book and very helpful for those willing to invest time and energy to concentrate. For new Christians eager to learn and for those very seriously interested in Christianity this is well worth a read. But to the very casual reader or the mildly interested 'It Makes Sense' by Stephen Gaukroger will prove an easier and less demanding read.

Equipped to Serve
Equipped to Serve

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book. A great encouragement, 30 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Equipped to Serve (Kindle Edition)
Full of practical wisdom. An inspiring and encouraging summary of practical Christianity. One of those books I know I will read again, and an excellent book to give to a new Christian, or a flagging older Christian.

NIV Bible 4: The Poetry Books
NIV Bible 4: The Poetry Books
Offered by Audible Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Navigation of Books and Chapters is a real problem via Audible on Windows PC, 29 May 2014
If you buy this via Audible for use on a PC, you will get 3 files each with about 3 hours of David Suchet's beautiful reading. However this covers 5 different books of the Bible which altogether totals 243 chapters. However, on a PC at least, you cannot simply jump to, say, Ecclesiastes, or to Psalm 100. In fact, you cannot navigate these files at all. If you read from the beginning Audible will remember where you stopped so that you can continue from that point.

If you fast forward and try to find the beginning of each of the 5 books you can bookmark these and then jump to the beginning, but you still cannot jump to an individual chapter within each book. This means that, for me at least, I won't make much use of these files. I wanted to get these files on PC so that I could burn a CD to listen to in the car.

Using the Audible App for IPAD is much superior. The readings are held as 243 individual chapters so although you can't jump to the individual books you can easily calculate the start of each. E.g. Job has 42 chapters so by jumping to Chapter 43 you know you'll be in Psalms at Psalm 1. You can then insert a Bookmark within the App.

Moving On: Series 1 [DVD]
Moving On: Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Armitage

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and well crafted stories, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Moving On: Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Transmitted originally as afternoon dramas, this meant that the writers had to rely on good acting, story lines that grabbed attention, and interesting dialogue between characters the viewer could identify with, and to do this without resorting to explicit sex, gratuitous violence or obscenities. This DVD is the first in a reliably excellent series.

The Very Best Of Roy Orbison
The Very Best Of Roy Orbison

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 6 Jan. 2014
If you like RO this is the perfect and very cheap collection containing all of his most famous songs. At this price not having a copy in your collection makes no sense.

The Complete What Ukulele Players Really Want To Know
The Complete What Ukulele Players Really Want To Know

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money....., 16 Oct. 2013
Very disappointed with this book. Very wordy. It took a long time to tell me anything useful, and when it did most of what it told me is readily available on the internet free of charge. If you want to learn Ukulele you can't do better than following the Youtube videos of Jeff Burton, an Australian musician who has done a set of tutorials, or Ukulele Mike, an American equivalent. There is also a comprehensive set of lessons at [...]
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2014 3:19 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6