Profile for Mrs Gadget > Reviews

Content by Mrs Gadget

Mrs Gadget "In't technology grand!" (Wales)

Quest Handheld Steam Cleaner, 1000 Watt
Quest Handheld Steam Cleaner, 1000 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 10 Dec. 2012
I bought this last week and it arrived today. WOW! It excellent, I spent the afternoon cleaning my bathroom, including the shower and grouting between the tiles and the results were amazing. It's so easy to use. I had a larger steamer previously, but it was so bulky to get out and set up it was just a chore and quite honestly the attachments to this are much better quality than my other one and this is so handy to use. I must confess I did have a little battle with the screw top at first but easily figured it out. It only takes 250 ml of water so you do have to top it up regularly, but I think if it took more water it would be too heavy to hold anyway, besides it does say to leave it 5mins switched off before opening the top because of steam escaping. No hardship however time for a cuppa in between, but it gives a good 15mins of cleaning time - enough for anyone really unless you are doing your home from top to bottom. For the price this is a fabulous item for small areas such as the bathroom, shower, cooker, fridge, freezer etc I wouldn't use it for large areas such as carpets but brilliant for smaller tasks. I'm going to try it on my curtains tomorrow to see if it will save me ironing them. Wayy somebody get me a life please....

HTC Tattoo Android  SIM-Free Mobile Phone - Silver
HTC Tattoo Android SIM-Free Mobile Phone - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Who could resist the HTC tattoo!, 27 Oct. 2009
Firstly I would like to point out that I have only had this device for 2 days, but WOW! what a lovely bit of kit this is. Extremely easy to use once you get your head around the android OS, and fully customisable to your personal requirements. I mainly used to use my mobile for texting so when deciding which phone to buy this time I was a little worried how I would find a touch screen phone, especially after trying a few of my collegues mobiles with capacative screens as they seemed rather flighty and random as regards text imput. With this in mind I chose to go down the resistive screen route and chose this lovely HTC Tattoo, and how pleased am I, texting is a dream, the contacts list is intuitive, calling is simple, and connecting to the internet and wi-fi and absolute doddle. Email set up was just as easy as long as you have your POP settings from your provider and notifications come through instantly.
This device also supports A GPRS which means it can also be used as a Sat Nav, I was a little concerned at first that the screen would not be large enough but no worries there it's fine. Loads of useful apps are included with the device, but plenty more are available from Google android market, to download, most of which are free. The 7 home screens hold your shortcuts and apps so that everything you use frequently is right at your fingertips e.g. My main screen has the time and weather app and shortcuts to messages, contacts, browser and camera, and subsequent screens have an app for bookmarks which are shown as thumbprints, another has a photoviewer and calender etc,. If I had one niggle it's the camera, it's not wonderful, but as I don't use phone cameras much - preferring my canon, which goes everywhere with me - this is not an issue for me.
Summing up this is a brilliant device which brings a whole new dimention to the mobile phone and a whole lot of fun - HTC not just giving the user a fully customisable user interface but also provide a service to customise the outside too, as you can buy covers that have been pre-designed or get this! Design your own - how cool is that! It's a fab little device that will change your whole perception of mobile phones forever....