Profile for lucieluh > Reviews

lucieluh

Minecraft - Pocket Edition
Minecraft - Pocket Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FUN, 13 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Minecraft - Pocket Edition (App)
This game is amazingly good and now that it has got servers it is amazing!!!!!
I recommend it to everyone.

The Watch
The Watch
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars the twist is.... it gets worse!, 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Watch (Amazon Video)
is it possible to give it less than 1... not funny, not clever, not even interesting. Great twist though - just when you think it can't get any worse it does... wasn't expecting that. At least it was free because if I had paid for that and lost all those minutes of my life I think my weekend would be ruined!

The Maid, the Witch and the Cruel Queen (Tudor Tales)
The Maid, the Witch and the Cruel Queen (Tudor Tales)

5.0 out of 5 stars short, factual but well worth buying. Excellent, 10 Oct. 2014
Another great book bringing history into reading fun, relevant and hard to put down. Again a short little book that can be finished super quick giving kids the sense of achievement, with historical after notes to reinforce a story I know my kids will remember. This is the second in the set we have read and the kids are asking for the other two.... that is perhaps the greatest review. Terry Deary is just such a brilliant author, complimented by funny illustrations. We used it as a read aloud for Tudor studies, but my kids will chose to re-read in their own time I know.

The Thief, the fool and the big Fat King (Tudor Tales)
The Thief, the fool and the big Fat King (Tudor Tales)

5.0 out of 5 stars Read aloud, read alone, read along.... but the kids didn't want to put it down!, 3 Oct. 2014
great short story, with enough historical facts to be educational but written in a fun and captivating way. Great illustrations, simple, clear wording. With an author like Terry Deary you know you are pretty safe but the length of this book also gave my kids the great joy at having complete a book in only three days. We already got others in the set and can't wait to read them.

Kids Email
Kids Email

5.0 out of 5 stars Email for kids .... safe and secure, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Kids Email (App)
Maybe I am just a paranoid parent, molly coddling my kids. Perhaps I should just give them a yahoo, google or msn email account and teach them about the internet. Maybe I am just such a control freak that I want to see what they send and what the reply is!
With optional settings for security this is a great email service for kids, with customisable frames and set up which can be altered according to age and clear easy buttons to press for even the littlest one. The service provides the kids with their own email address (.kidsemail or .kmail) and then can be adjusted for what you as a parent want. Gives you the option to approve their contacts list - to and from, to see outgoing and incoming email and approve it at the highest level. I want my kids to have internet and technology but I also want them to learn the dangers without being attacked by them and to see the beauty and great use of technology positively. The statistics of kids who recieve messages and information that disturbs them daily is almost 50% in a World Vision report and this seems consistent with other information. A high proportion of these kids will not then discuss or disclose this to parents or others and so I am just trying to keep my kids with a way to communicate without these risks. Also gives the chance to talk about technology good and bad and to learn to form emails and correspondence correctly.
Really good format, my kids really like it and I do too.

All Stars [DVD] [2013]
All Stars [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Theo Stevenson

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to watch family film which inspires kids, 18 April 2014
This review is from: All Stars [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Yes it has a predicatable story line, yes some of the acting is a little dodgy, yes it is happy ever ending film. But what is wrong with that?
My kids loved Nativity (1& 2) and so got this just as a time filler but it became a favourite and has been watched over and over and over again. The kids bring a great story of trying, not giving up, there are issues covered like children as carers, split families, treating others with respect and ultimately making an effort to make a difference. I want my kids to have positive messages, I want them to believe they can make a difference, to learn to treat others with respect even if they don't look, talk or even like the things they do. This film does this. Its cheesy if you want to see it like that or its fun, funny, positive message. The only problem is since we watched it the first time my boys started dancing competitions and the oldest one can't go an hour without wiggling around doing some of his own special dance moves! A really great film for the family.

Tidlo Wooden Guitar (Pink)
Tidlo Wooden Guitar (Pink)

3.0 out of 5 stars cute but expensive and not very strong, 3 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Tidlo Wooden Guitar (Pink) (Toy)
my little girl was desperate for a pink guitar for her birthday and so picked this one as it looked prettier still with the flowers. Obviously this is not for a musician but for her to strum along and for her brother to show her some very basics. The strings are plastic so sound awful anyway but these could be swapped if you wanted. Within a week the neck had a crack developing which I can't just put down to manufacturer, a five year old even when told isn't the most careful, but not sure how it happened. For a kids guitar I feel it was quite expensive for what it actually is, but it is pretty and has made my little one happy she can play around on it and most of all its pink!

For the Twins' Sake
For the Twins' Sake

4.0 out of 5 stars cute little story, 10 Jan. 2012
nice easy read,cute story not too taxing and gives a good glow to it with a little suspense,romance,life and faith. a great fireside winter warmer