Profile for Russ Tattersall > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
When You Walk A Long Distance You Are Tired
When You Walk A Long Distance You Are Tired

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 April 2016
Heard 'Hold your own Hand' from this on Radio 6 via Laren Lavern;s morning show on Tue 12th and half an hour later had it ordered on Amazon Prime.It's been on repeat play all day. Absolutely love it.

How Do I Do That in Lightroom?: The Quickest Ways to Do the Things You Want to Do, Right Now!
by Scott Kelby

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a numpty like me., 30 Mar. 2016
He can be an irritating pillock at times ( I think he plays up to that?) but he has definitely cornered the Digital photography book in plain and easy terms better than anyone else I've read and this one on Lightroom is no exception. Just when you think he hasn't covered the obscure issue you are struggling with it miraculously appears in the index and half a paragraph later you've solved it. He's the thinking persons Ken Rockwell ( don't get me started on Ken set-your camera-to-vivid-and-leave it -there-Rockwell).

Under Armour Tech Short Sleeve Running T-Shirt - SS16 - Medium
Under Armour Tech Short Sleeve Running T-Shirt - SS16 - Medium
Offered by Alive & Dirty

5.0 out of 5 stars Ace., 30 Mar. 2016
Under Armour gear now suddenly seems quite pricey since they have taken on some high profile sportspeople to sponsor?, but this loose fit t shirt seems to have fallen under the price hike radar for now. I am normally a size large 42" chest, but this in a medium is perfect. Generally worn as a base layer underneath a mid fleece top it is perfect for romps in the mountains or just as a smart base layer with a shirt etc or on it's own. Very soft, really comfortable and stays in shape (unlike pure cotton) I've ended up with four now as my go to white t for any occasion. Ace.

CSL - 2m HQ Platinum Toslink (optical / digital) cable (S/PDIF audio cable) | aluminium plug / gold-plated contacts / nylon braided | FOC fibre-optic cable | Home entertainment / Hifi / TV / consoles / media centre
Offered by CSL-Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality., 30 Mar. 2016
Wasn't expecting much other than a cheap functional optical cable for my Bose soundbar, but this is a very impressive, high quality product at a bargain price.Both the cable and connectors are of a very high quality and I will definitely be using this company's products again.

Berghaus Men's Stainton Half Zip Fleece Jacket - Twilight Blue/Eclipse, Large
Berghaus Men's Stainton Half Zip Fleece Jacket - Twilight Blue/Eclipse, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good for the great unwashed! double the price Berghaus., 29 Mar. 2016
In recent years I've drifted off into Mountain Equipment, Haglofs, Arcteryx territory and they are undeniably superbly made, and fit brilliantly, but wow! you don't alf pay for the privilege of wearing that stuff. Now if I could shake off my outdoor gear snobbery ( wouldn't be seen dead in Regatta, even though my brain tells me much off it is perfectly fine stuff for a stroll round the Park/Countryside) I would admit to myself that pretty much every bit of Berghaus gear I possess ( quite a bit) has never let me down, it comes out of the washing machine time after time in the same shape and colour it started out in, it looks good and it always does the job on a wet, cold windblown Welsh mountain time after time. So if it wasn't for the proliferation of chubby pensioners bumbling round Sainsburys wearing a 10 yr old navy blue Berghaus fleece/coat I could probably forget I look just like them and allow myself to appreciate the brilliant quality and fit of this very very nice Stainton half zip fleece which is the easily the quality equal of any of the poncy tech dude stuff above that my feeble ego keeps steering me toward. Berghaus, it's ace gear! Just happens to be popular with old people with Caravans and yappy dogs .

Calvin Klein Contradiction Eau De Toilette for Men - 100 ml
Calvin Klein Contradiction Eau De Toilette for Men - 100 ml
Offered by Joli Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic and contemporary all in one., 29 Mar. 2016
Surprising amount of unsolicited comments about the 'gorgeous fresh smell' of this from women under the age of 30 ( I'm an old fart 54 ) which surprised me for a mens fragrance that's now only available online it's so old. Suppose that makes it a classic does it? ( though thankfully not in the Faberge Brut sense)

1byone Amplified Digital Indoor TV Aerial for HDTV / DVB-T Receiver, VHF / UHF / FM, Digital Freeview and Analog TV Signals, 28dB
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me?, 29 Mar. 2016
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong? ( followed instructions to the letter ) but couldn't get it to pick up a single digital channel. I'm going the obvious route and paying £70 to have a proper digital ariel put on my roof.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2016 2:51 AM BST

Skagen SKW6024 Men's Quartz Watch Analogue Leather
Skagen SKW6024 Men's Quartz Watch Analogue Leather
Offered by Ash Global

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch is ace, strap not so good., 29 Mar. 2016
Watch is as slim, minimalist and stylishly Danish as i was hoping for, so in that regard I am delighted, and it's been a firm fixture on my wrist ever since. The strap is the disappointment and I suspect I'm heading for an expensive replacement in less than 12 months. Within two weeks of wearing it daily the edges of the strap where it gets bent back to hook it on started to come away. I quickly glued them back down before the problem spread along the edge of the strap, but what this revealed is that the strap is indeed leather as described, but not solid leather. It is a wafer thin strip of leather bonded over the top of a thicker synthetic material so it's strength and longevity will be limited by that combination and on current form I ain't brimming wth confidence.I hope I'm proved wrong?.

Logitech Z200 Speaker - Midnight Black
Logitech Z200 Speaker - Midnight Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Pity they don't sound as good as they look., 29 Mar. 2016
Bought these with the intention of improving the desktop audio output of my 21.5 iMac. On the plus side they have shown up just how good the standard audio is on the Apple, but the downside is they are considerably inferior to the iMac, mission failed, doh!. If you only have a laptop to hook these up to on a desk then they will be a significant improvement on the weedy sound you normally have to suffer, but judged solely on their audio quality I think they have a boxy, flat sound to them, not in the least dynamic or musical. They certainly look the part, as long as you don't examine too closely, or touch them as they are a bit smooth plastic cheap feeling. 2 stars is probably a bit harsh, but i'm afraid if Apple can get a superior sound to these from the teeny weeny speakers in an iMac then Logitech as a market leader in desktop computer speakers are well behind the curve.

5 Star Whiteboard Drywipe Magnetic with Pen Tray and Aluminium Trim W1200xH900mm
Offered by Pitts Presentation Products Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for home office, 2 Feb. 2016
Excellent!, Nearly paid twice the price of this for something I don't reckon would be as good. It's obviously at the budget end of the spectrum, but I actually think that works to it's advantage. It is not as thick or heavy as some of the more premium options, but as a consequence it is very sleek and has smoothed off edges to the aluminium frame, so it sits on my study wall above the desk in a very unobtrusive way. The supplied pen and eraser tray is easy to fit and again is slim and unobtrusive but does it's job perfectly. Definitely recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10