Profile for London Lass > Reviews

Sloggi Basic Tai 3 Pack Women's Briefs
Sloggi Basic Tai 3 Pack Women's Briefs
Price: 19.99 - 24.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the Sloggis I remember ..., 24 July 2014
Now dont get me wrong - I love(d) Sloggi knickers. So much so, that I have only ever worn this style/fit but havent for a wee while purchased new ones.

So a coupla days ago, and not really wanting to trek it over to Debenhams in this heat, I purchased a set via Amazon ... and whilst they arrived quick, and are still a wonderful style, they seem thinner than my original knickers and bigger (my old knickers in a size 12 were smaller than the new ones). So, as a size 12 girlie, I shall order a size 10 in any future purchases - although as the knickers are thinner I may re-think whether or not to purchase anymore as not sure how many washes they will withstand.

Cotton Pads Embossed (500)
Cotton Pads Embossed (500)
Offered by Gopoppystore
Price: 9.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother with these, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Cotton Pads Embossed (500) (Misc.)
You'd think that a cotton pad would be just like any other cotton pad wouldnt you? Well so I thought when purchasing these puppies on Amazon. However, they dont absorb what you put on to them (they're quite `hard' to the touch) which makes for a load of slippering/sliding up your face with face cream, etc.

I binned mine.

Rieker Daniela L2264 - 5.0 UK - Black
Rieker Daniela L2264 - 5.0 UK - Black
Offered by Pettits
Price: 43.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely comfy shoes, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Rieker Daniela L2264 (Shoes)
These shoes are fab.

Lovely generous grip to the sole and heel (no more slipping on pavement lights for me!), are not too tight for your trotters and, whilst a 5, it is a generous five (allowing for feet swellage at the end of a long working day). These shoes, whilst moderately large, still look lovely and feminine and that's what counts!

Another Earth
Another Earth
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Oddly compelling, 28 Jun 2014
I thought I wasnt going to enjoy this movie when it started. The main character seemed a little too hipster/vague for me and I thought I would struggle with the dialogue as she is one of those (many) actors(esses) who mumble their lines.

But, after the initial build-up, I was hooked.

The story is about a girl who's young, talented and about to embark on the rest of her life. She's at a party to celebrate the fact that the next stage of her learning/career is about to happen but then, whilst driving home, (and `under the influence') she ends up careening into another car head-on (containing a dude, his pregnant missus and child). You see, another planet has been spotted in the night sky (this is all reported in throwaway hipster fashion by a radio dj she is listening to just before the head on collision with the other vehicle) and, rather than giving it a passing glance, she becomes hypnotised by the distant blue globe (the other Earth) and almost starts hanging her head out of the window like a travelling dog.

Anyway, the inevitable happens and, as mentioned before, she crashed head-on in to the opposing vehicle and the only survivor is the dude driving (who ultimately ends up in a coma but then recovers).

As the story progresses you learn that she ends up incarcerated for four years for her crime and, on leaving prison, decides that she must visit the poor dude she crashed into to apologise. But, on arriving at his gaff, she chickens out .... and they end up forming this odd relationship ... and there's a few other bits about this other Earth ... and, well ...

you've got to watch the rest of the film.

There are a few wistful shots that you might want to fast forward and, to be honest, her messily tied up plait can leave you feeling a bit antsy but, all in all, the story is intriguing, the premise is different, and does leave the viewer with the question of whether, faced with the opportunity that one of the main stars has, would you remain in your personal cave, or would you seek out and explore?

EyeCatch TM - Foxy Womens Designer Mesh Knit Bolero Tie Front Stretchy Shrug Cardi One Size
Offered by EyeCatchShoes
Price: 11.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap by name, cheap by nature ..., 20 Jun 2014
But they do say you get what you pay for ...

Fell in love with a `Popcorn Shrug' I'd acquired through a different online company a couple of years ago. So much so I acquired the top in three colours - red, black and white. Which is fine. Until you've chucked a couple in the wash and realise that you dont have enough tops to interchange with your clothes.

So I thought (on espying this item on Amazon) that my problem had been solved. It looked (online at least) very similar to the shrugs I already had - however, in real life it's nothing like it. Cheap, thin, and in a size that requires one to have very skinny arms and a large body (at least that's what I could glean from what I was sent). The top can also only be tied just underneath the bust line (which I do not find flattering as I am rather blessed in the boob department).

A shame as the shrug comes in an amazing array of colours - but unfortunately far too cheap looking to wear.

100% Wool Blanket / Throw / Picnic Blanket ( Large & Small Sizes). Made in Ireland. (137cm x 182cm / 72in x 54in)
Offered by SNUGRUGS
Price: 56.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Throw, 17 Jun 2014
Love this throw. Initially thought (on first receiving the item) that it would be `scratchy' - but it is, however, lovely and snug, and a gorgeously autumnal colour that would warm up any living room.

Genuine Twin Face Sheepskin Sheepland Short Boots (22cm)
Genuine Twin Face Sheepskin Sheepland Short Boots (22cm)
Offered by sheepland
Price: 65.99 - 75.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love these boots!, 9 Jun 2014
Had `wishlisted' a pair of Uggs for ages but could never bring myself to pay 150! I didnt, however, want to buy cheap boots again so, after receiving a word-of-mouth recommendation, decided to try out these Sheepland babies - and, boy, am I glad I did.

Have had my Sheepland boots for a couple of months and can confirm they are :-

(a) snug,
(b) look good,
(c) fit well (I ordered a 5 - my size - and they fit perfectly)

I come with a wide foot and high instep and, yet, the boots (even after bending, stretching and climbing up and down numerous steps and escalators) have no tell-tale stretching to accommodate my toes (yet are comfy for my wide trotters) and whilst a `crease' appears on occasion on the top of the boot (due to my high instep) a quick brush of the boot material either towards the top of the boot or back to the toes makes the `crease' disappear and the boots look like new.

The soles of the boot are thick, with a good grip, and the rigid heel/back of the boot will ensure no unsightly `collapsing' at the back. The boots have a good thick layer of sheepskin inside (which may shed on pulling your feet out of the boots the first couple of times you wear them - but no big problem - and this shedding soon stops).

I have sprayed my Sheepland bad boys with a waterproofing spray to ensure they remain snug and dry and would highly recommend these to anyone looking for a sturdy warm boot that looks just like an Ugg (but without the hefty price tag).

O, and when these puppies get delivered to you, they come in a nifty Sheepland shopper - how practical!

Sabichi 16-Piece Stoneware Portabello Dinner Set, Blue
Sabichi 16-Piece Stoneware Portabello Dinner Set, Blue
Offered by Wayfair
Price: 28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty - almost looks like cornishware!, 22 April 2014
Fabulous 16-piece dinnerware set. I have now owned it for a few weeks and it washes up lovely. The bowls are nice and deep and the mugs are elegantly sized. The dinner plates are not too big (so you cant get them in your cupboards) and the side plates are lovely looking too. The hand painted stripes are not perfect (although not worryingly so) and the (very) few (very) minor imperfections only add to its charm.

One side issue that I feel worth pointing out is that in both this listing and in the listing on Sabichi's website it is stated : "Hand painted stoneware dinnerware IS NOT SUITABLE for use in a microwave or dishwasher." and this should be considered before making your purchase.

Girl Meets Boys
Girl Meets Boys
by Louise Gibney

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Awful, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Girl Meets Boys (Paperback)
A terrible book. Awfully written and certainly not at all funny. The subject matter, whilst interesting, was not enhanced by the author's writing skills. I would not recommend this.

Womens Long Sleeves Ribbed Polo Neck Stretchy Knitted Jumper
Womens Long Sleeves Ribbed Polo Neck Stretchy Knitted Jumper
Offered by Fast Fashion
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Be careful how you wash/iron as it will stre-e-e-t-t-c-c-c-h-h!!, 26 Mar 2014
Nice feel jumper and good fit too. However, anyone looking to purchase this one should be warned the mix contains no lycra or elastane and, as such, will stretch out of shape if you iron it on too high a heat. Having said that, the jumper does not feel cheap, and fits well over your curvy portions without turning transparent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7