Profile for London Lass > Reviews

Content by London Lass

London Lass (London W1)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Rieker 41372/00, Women's Oxford, Black (noir), 5 UK (38 EU)
Rieker 41372/00, Women's Oxford, Black (noir), 5 UK (38 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but Comfy Shoes, 10 Jun. 2015
I have so many issues with my feet - inc. high instep, wide foot, painful corns on little toes that come and go, feet swelling up to half a shoe size by the end of the day - that it is a veritable minefield trying to find (a) shoes that are comfy on ones trotters, (b) can withstand the feet swelling issue, and (c) still look half decent. In this case, Rieker come up trumps.

Having discovered this nifty brand after purchasing some sandals of theirs by accident through Next Directory, I have returned to this make time and again for footwear that wont hurt my plates of meat. And my most recent purchase are these puppies, the Rieker Women's Oxford, which are comfy, easy to put on (the strap is velco fastened), can be adjusted to fit and still look rather pretty (with the flower strap accessory). The heel is not strictly flat but so low it's hardly worth mentioning, and the shoes are so light (and made of such soft leather) that you'll hardly know you've got anything on your feet.

I would recommend these shoes for anyone (like myself) with troublesome trotters who likes a good strut about town (without having to worry about blisters/cut feet) but who also doesn't want to compromise too much on style.

Senior Moments Memory Workout, The
Senior Moments Memory Workout, The
by Tom Friedman

5.0 out of 5 stars Not to be dismissed as a `gag gift', this is actually a pretty good & and rather useful item!, 7 Jun. 2015
I bought this for an old man who is VERY difficult to find presents for. Initially I was looking for a joke present but, through purchasing this book, accidentally ended up with a gift that is actually rather good and which (to my shock and surprise) has gone down rather well. Only the other day I visited the old man to find that it had been bookmarked half-way through. The fact that the book hasn't end up being `recycled' for a local charity shop is astounding in itself but given that the old man was driven to tell me that it is `pretty good' and the memory exercises `rather interesting' should demonstrate the quality of this book.

The old man is my dad. The above is the truth. This gift will not let you down.

Set of Two Green Finish Terracotta Garden Gnomes
Set of Two Green Finish Terracotta Garden Gnomes
Offered by Gardens2you

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Garden Ornaments!, 7 Jun. 2015
The average garden gnome is not a thing of beauty - however, these two are very sweet (almost, dare I say, endearing). The washed out/subtle colours of the gnomes (as per the ad listing) mean that they would be a good match for an alpine rock garden, for example, or even placed on wooden decking/boards as stand-alone ornaments - you wont want to hide these cuties!

They measure (as per the ad listing) approx 22cm tall and I would recommend these gnomes to anyone looking for a garden ornament that's just a little bit different.

Bel Essence - Intensive All-Natural Anti-Wrinkle Treatment. Reduce the Appearance of Facial Lines and Wrinkles Naturally - 1.5oz
Offered by Best Health Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Moisturing Cream!, 23 April 2015
I have to be careful with my skin as it is made up of a greasy middle panel (we are talking very greasy - five minutes after washing my face it's producing oil!), dry cheeks and dry chin. It is also sensitive and prone to spot break out at any time (even in my 40s I cannot escape the acne!).

So, given the above, shopping for a moisturising skin cream can be quite an arduous experience which has led me to stick to my tried and tested products (Nivea and Astral). However, as I think my skin is now turning towards the drier side (although still not shifting my oily middle panel!), I felt that it would benefit from a more intensive treatment (but without bankrupting myself in the process).

Touch wood and fingers crossed, this cream seems to do the job perfectly. I have only had it for a few days but already my skin feels a lot more soft (nourished almost!) and, as you work the cream in (which doesn't take a second - my face almost feels like it's drinking it in!), you can feel a soothing/tingly feeling. I cant vouch for it's anti-wrinkle quality as I understand these results can only be garnered after long-term use but can confirm that this is unlike any other cream I have used before.

NB: It comes in a relatively small pot - but as the cream is so rich you wont need much for it to do its thing. It is also quite strongly scented but this is not noticeable after application.

Tefal Intensium 20 cm Saucepan and Lid
Tefal Intensium 20 cm Saucepan and Lid

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my new saucepan!, 28 Mar. 2015
Whereas in the past scrambled eggs were a bind to do (not the cooking, cos we all know that's easy-peasy, but the washing up afterwards) now I'm no longer having to spend ages trying to get rid of the scrambled egg bits stuck inside the saucepan as it pours out smooth and easy leaving hardly anything behind. Any odd bits that are left are easily and quickly removed by simply washing off with a sponge (without having to go through a third of a packet of brillo pads and working up a sweat for about 5-10 minutes!). Additionally, the scrambled egg is nice and moist, whereas in my old saucepan it would end up quite dry. Home made porridge is now quick and easy too. I couldnt recommend this pan enough!

Swissvoice Epure Full Eco Cordless Single DECT Telephone with Digital Answer Machine - Beige

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this phone !, 21 Jan. 2015
We ordered the phone in the cream/beige variety (which I would state is more of a light grey/stone colour) and are very pleased with not only how it looks but how it works too.

Our retro Geemarc Mayfair phone had pretty much given up on us (a loose connection in the phone meant that you never knew if you were going to cut off the caller at the other end mid-sentence or be able to hear them at all when you picked up the phone to take a call) and we had really wanted to stick with the retro look but, after reading pretty poor reviews on most other `retro' phones, decided to try to go halfway between an up-to-date phone and something a bit more interesting - and this fitted the bill.

It has volume settings for the ringer, volume settings for listening to callers and, after leaving it to charge for the recommended 6hrs after purchase, has worked like a dream. The fact that it also comes with a nifty built-in answerphone (which the Geemarc didnt have) is the icing on the cake.

Setting up your preferences/inputting telephone numbers, etc., could be a bit fiddly at first but once you get in to the habit of how the phone's menu works it becomes very easy quickly.

I would recommend this phone to anyone looking to purchase a `modern' phone that still looks pretty but actually works!

Smiffy's 12-inch Partyrama Wig Short Bob with Fringe (Black)
Smiffy's 12-inch Partyrama Wig Short Bob with Fringe (Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful., 17 Jan. 2015
The wig had shed lots of hairs whilst still in its package and, when I got it out of the box, my carpet looked like someone had recently had a hair cut and not bothered to sweep up afterwards. The wig was kinked at the back where it had been stuffed in to its packaging which was impossible to straighten/brush out and the actual `hair' reminded me of dolls I had back in the 70s (shiny and very unnatural looking).

8GB Sparkly Stick USB Memory Stick - Flash Drive/School/Novelty/Gift
8GB Sparkly Stick USB Memory Stick - Flash Drive/School/Novelty/Gift
Offered by memory-mates

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice 'n' sparkly yet practical too., 17 Jan. 2015
It is pretty quick when in use and has 8GB of storage.

It looks nice in your USB port and comes in a nifty black drawstring pouch.

H.DUE.O 'Portocervo' Ultra Compact, Windproof, 'Magic' Open / Close Mini Umbrella. Tartan (Red)
Offered by MarQue UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm `windproof' - I dont think so!, 17 Jan. 2015
Within 5 minutes of opening up my new umbrella it blew inside out (on a not particularly gusty day, it was just a bit windy).

I will keep it as my last brolly finally broke after being blown inside out so much, and this umbrella will keep you dry - hence my `OK' rating - but if you're tempted to purchase this umbrella purely because of the inclusion of the word `wind proof' in it's description, I wouldnt waste your time.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2015 12:46 PM GMT

Angel Christmas Stocking
Angel Christmas Stocking
Offered by ChunkiChilli Knitwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely `home made' looking stocking in nice thick good quality knit, 2 Jan. 2015
Lovely `home made' looking stocking in nice thick good quality knit. A sizeable brut that looks lovely hanging from your mantel either filled with your stocking fillers or empty.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9