Profile for Peeves the Poltergeist > Reviews

Content by Peeves the Pol...

Peeves the Poltergeist

Wonderbook: Book of Potions (PS3)
Wonderbook: Book of Potions (PS3)
Price: 12.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Should have game only option, 4 Jan 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I already had a Wonderbook having owned Book of Spells. The Wonderbook supplied with Book of Potions is exactly the same so there should be the option to buy the game without the book.

On the other hand I enjoyed the similarities with Book of Spells which included funny things happening when you get a wrong answer in the stories. One improvement in Book of Potions is the ability to look at magical plants and creatures up close.

Bernard's Watch
Bernard's Watch
Price: 2.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Brings back old memories, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Bernard's Watch (Kindle Edition)
I did watch some episodes of the TV series, also written by Andrew Norriss, this book was based on in my childhood (shame that has not been released recently). I did not know until recently that there was a book about it. The book is essentially a novelization of the earlier episodes and some later episodes might have been based on the book.

If I have one criticism it is possible proofreading error in Chapter 12 of the Kindle edition. I have never read the print version but I am sure there is no Mrs Beasley or Mr Hewitt and it should have been Mrs Hewitt and Mr Beasley. However this is not bad compared with some other Kindle titles which have worse errors.

Collision Course
Collision Course
Price: 4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars A modernization too far and bad proofreading., 23 July 2013
This review is from: Collision Course (Kindle Edition)
This is the second time I read Collision Course. To my disappointment a lot of the references to the 1970s that were in previous editions were removed (X films, cheap bus fares (by today's standards), vinyl records, cassettes, 1 notes and payphones) leaving a mismatch of past and present times. I think the 70s references add spice to it and future generations might be interested in every day things people took for granted in the past. The Kindle edition uses the 2009 version published by Back to Front (this is obvious from the cover) although the Kindle version was published by CB Creative Books and does not mention when it was first published (1976).

The first edition I read was the 1995 version published by Penguin under their Puffin brand I loaned from a library and that said it was slightly edited. I later learned that Penguin toned down the language with most of the profanity removed or replaced with euphemisms which was not so bad compared with modernizing it. Penguin otherwise remained mostly faithful to the first edition. I am speaking as someone too young to remember the 1970s. This is probably like the colourisation of black and white films or the editing of popular films such as Star Wars and ET. Buddy (1982) which is from the same author remains un edited to my knowledge and I think modernizing it would be controversial. What you feel about modernization of old books might depend on whether you read the old or new versions first.

Another possible flaw was a lack of proofreading I have also found in other Kindle books that are not in the paper editions such as spaces missing. In the Kindle edition there are spaces missing, wrong figures used and Mr. Raines is incorrectly labeled as the RE teacher instead of the PE teacher.

On the other hand it was good to see Collision Course on Kindle.

Chicken Run
Chicken Run
Price: 37.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Like the music but it has an error in the track order., 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Chicken Run (Audio CD)
The music does remind me of the film and I like this soundtrack but there is just one problem. Up on the Roof and Into the Pie Machine are the wrong way round. I think putting Up on the Roof before Into the Pie Machine is a spoiler because it is the nicer track which comes after the Pie Machine in the film.

Mini USB to 3.5mm Jack Headphone Audio Adaptor for Mobile Phones (See Compatibility List)

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, 15 Mar 2012
I tried it with a Motorola RAZR V3 phone but it did not work and it partly fell apart. I found an official Motorola adaptor Original Motorola mini-USB to 3,5mm Stereo-Klinke Adapter / Audio Adapter für Motorola V3i, V3X, V3M, RAZR, U6, PEBL, L7, SLVR, L6, L2, V360, V361, V365, KRZR Music cable -incl. original Trendline24 Lanyard on Amazon UK and it worked fine for me. I think that only official accesories work with Motorola phone considering that RAZR phones only have one port.

Simpsons: Season 20 [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Simpsons: Season 20 [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Matt Groening

3.0 out of 5 stars Where to import it., 3 Mar 2010
This page only seems to have US imports. Although an estimated 70% of Blu Ray discs are region free this Blu ray title has region coding applied to it. The United States in region A whilst the UK along with most of Europe is in region B. I imported this tiltle from Australia which is also in region B so I recommend importing this title from region B countries if you don't have a modded player.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2010 12:07 PM BST

Back To The Future
Back To The Future
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars What I thought., 13 July 2009
This review is from: Back To The Future (Audio CD)
I would reccomend it to fans of Back to the Future. I only thing I was dissapointed about was that Johnny B. Goode didn't have the impersinations Marty performed at the end. I would have given it 5/5 if it had the impersinations otherwise it is exelent.

Quidditch Through the Ages & Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Harry Potter)
by J.K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars My experiences of these items, 13 Mar 2009
Fantastic beasts is an exelent read with some of the creatures that appear in the Harry Potter video games. It is based from Harry Potter's own copy of the book and includes scribbles made by Harry and his friends! Quidditch through the ages is also a good read, it is based from a copy in the Hogwarts School library. It has interesting facts about quidditch and broomsticks.

Busted
Busted
Price: 6.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Item in general, 13 Mar 2009
This review is from: Busted (Audio CD)
The item was in good condition. I have listened to this album before but I borrowed it from a friend. I decided to order my own CD because my freinds was in poor condition.