Profile for CatDee > Reviews

Being Indian: Inside the Real India
Being Indian: Inside the Real India
by Pavan Varma

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting and engaging read, 2 Mar. 2011
I bought this book based on previous reviews and wasn't disappointed. I've travelled to India many times and the more time I spend there I realise just how complex and paradoxical the country and its people are. This book goes some way to attempt to explain certain things that have puzzled me about India, for example that religion is such an important aspect of their lives yet corruption is as pervasive and accepted in the temples as elsewhere. I found the book a really interesting and engaging read and very accessible.

The Textile Book
The Textile Book
by Colin Gale

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have for Textile students, 8 July 2010
This review is from: The Textile Book (Paperback)
I am about to study textile design and bought this book on basis of other reviews. It provides a good overview of the industry, the key issues - globalisation, environmental impact of the industry etc - and how it is changing. There are lots of references to industry organisations throughout the book that are very helpful, although a few no longer exist. The book was only published a few years ago but already seems due for an update. It's a great introduction to the textile industry.