Profile for Kathryn Reynolds > Reviews

Content by Kathryn Reynolds

Kathryn Reynolds (Charlotte, North Carolina, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Wilderness Is Paradise Now
Wilderness Is Paradise Now

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Best thing since Coldplay!, 14 Feb. 2006
It wouldn't suprise me if Morning Runner get comparisons to Coldplay and Athlete, even going so far as to call them the "new Coldplay".
When I heard the single "Burning Benches", it just blew me away. I have high hopes for the rest of the album. I have heard most of it and so far, it sounds fantastic. I see elements of Embrace, Elbow, and Coldplay in their sound, which I'm very excited about.
Either way, this album will be a sure-fire winner! Grab it up when it comes out! I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

I Feel Free: Ultimate Cream
I Feel Free: Ultimate Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cream EVER!!, 20 Dec. 2005
This 2CD set is fantastic! I thought I had it all with the Strange Brew-Very Best of and BBC Sessions cds, but boy was I wrong! The 2nd cd on this is worth buying it for alone...but of course I love any live Cream...and I believe they were one of the most underrated bands of the 60s-they were together for barely 2 years, and look how monstrous they were!
In short, a very good cd that should be on every Cream or Clapton fan's wish list this Christmas!

On The Outside
On The Outside

5.0 out of 5 stars Starsailor are back and just as great as before!, 14 Nov. 2005
This review is from: On The Outside (Audio CD)
I got this album without ever hearing a song off it. I just trusted that it wouldn't disappoint, as I have both of Starsailor's previous albums, and have loved them both.
This album was no exception. Standout tracks for me are: In the Crossfire, Counterfeit Life, In My Blood, Faith Hope Love, I Don't Know, Get Out While You Can.
I feel that Starsailor are growing, and this album shows a more refined, mature, and expansive collection of songs from Starsailor. I can only look forward to seeing what the boys are capable of next!

Intensive Care [CD + DVD]
Intensive Care [CD + DVD]
Offered by hifi-media-store

5.0 out of 5 stars Robbie's back and better than ever!, 14 Nov. 2005
Having been disappointed with his last studio effort, 'Escapology', I was looking forward to this album with hesitancy. However, after having listened to 2 songs, I knew that Robbie was back and better than ever! I very much enjoyed the entire album, standout tracks (for me) include: Ghosts, Spread Your Wings, Advertising Space, Sin Sin Sin, and The Trouble With Me. I had already heard the single 'Tripping' sometime last month, so I had a feeling that it would be a stellar album, and I wasn't disappointed!
My advice: go out and buy this album! I haven't heard a better Robbie since 1998's 'I've Been Expecting You', but even now I think this is slightly better than it. A more mature, reflective Robbie is what you'll get with this album!
The added DVD was really great as well. As a Robbie fan from the US, I haven't had the opportunity to see him live, so the interviews and live studio bits were really helpful to me to see how he works, and what he's really like.
So go on, buy it! You know you want to! :)

Anarchy in the UK: Live at the 76 Club
Anarchy in the UK: Live at the 76 Club

5.0 out of 5 stars Under-rated classic!, 11 Nov. 2005
So this isn't the most popular Sex Pistols' album, but I think it's an excellent underrated classic. The sound quality is great, and the price is great as well! Go on, you know you want it! You won't be disappointed!

999/Separates
999/Separates

4.0 out of 5 stars Wicked Punk at its Finest, 19 Aug. 2005
This review is from: 999/Separates (Audio CD)
This is a quite good album from 999, probably one of the best considering it is a 2-lp collection on 1 cd. I highly reccommend this album for anyone into early UK punk at its best.

The Ultimate Collection (2CD)
The Ultimate Collection (2CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Only Pogues Album you'll ever need!, 19 Aug. 2005
this is a great album, probably the only Pogues album you'll ever need. I bought this after buying their "The Best of the Pogues" a few months before, and this one is way better hands down. I have fallen in love with it and even turned my mom on to it too!

Life in Slow Motion
Life in Slow Motion
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars David Gray is back and better than ever!, 19 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Life in Slow Motion (Audio CD)
Like fine wine, David Gray gets better with age. His last album, 2002's "A New Day At Midnight" was a sombre, brooding look at life and death, but this album sheds new light on the lighter side of life. It doesn't get much better than this!
Of course the best song on here is the first single, "The One I Love" which in my opinion is a scaled-down, more simpler version of "This Year's Love" although in this song, Gray is confirming that he is in fact in love, with no strings attatched.
Some of the best songs on here are the opening "Alibi", which shows the strength of Gray's voice, as well as "Lately", "Slow Motion", "From Here You Can Almost See the Sea" (Gray's voice is brilliant in this track!). Other standouts include "Ain't No Love" and "Now And Always".
Be first in line at your lcoal music store to get your hands on this gem! It won't disappoint!

Trainspotting
Trainspotting
by Irvine Welsh

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book EVER!, 1 July 2005
This review is from: Trainspotting (Paperback)
I LOVE this book. I loved the film too. I love the author. Not for the faint of heart or those who are against drugs or foul language, hehe. I thought it was an awesome book! I couldn't put it down! I even snuck it to class to read in between lectures! Possibly one of the top books ever written! It's certainly in my top 5 books ever published!
A must-read for anyone into the Scottish drug scene, or anyone into the drug scene in general.

The Invisible Invasion
The Invisible Invasion
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Coral at their Best, 1 July 2005
This review is from: The Invisible Invasion (Audio CD)
I have been a big fan of the Coral's second album "Magic and Medicine" so I was expecting big things from them on this, their fourth studio release. Boy was I wrong. Call me picky, but listening to this album, I was disappointed. I like albums whose tracks speak to me, or stand out as very good, basically something I can relate to. The songs on this album did not sound any different from any British rock n roll album that has been released in the past 5 years. Sorry, fellow Coral fans, but this is not their finest hour.

Page: 1 | 2