Profile for C. Griffiths > Reviews

Content by C. Griffiths

C. Griffiths (Hereford UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Be Careful What You Wish For (The Clifton Chronicles)
Be Careful What You Wish For (The Clifton Chronicles)
by Jeffrey Archer

4.0 out of 5 stars The book is once again an excellent read. However, 16 Jan. 2015
The book is once again an excellent read. However, I think it is a bit of a con in that at the end of the novel you are left hanging, with the end postponed to the next novel, as were the previous one's. However, the next one hasn't even been written. This is where Ii duck out and will not be buying any more by this author.

It's a shame but personally I do not like being manipulated to buy the next one. If the author is good enough this should not be necessary. Jeffery Archer is better than this.

Microsoft Touch Mouse
Microsoft Touch Mouse

1.0 out of 5 stars The concept is brilliant the execution awful., 4 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Microsoft Touch Mouse (Accessory)
I purchased this mouse based on a lot of five star reviews; big mistake,. Also what this touch sensitive mouse appeared to do with specific movement of the finger(s) over the mouse. If you are considering buying this, I urge you to look at the one star reviews, most seem to be very accurate.

What is nice about it:
1) The packaging is amazing, for me too much so but it made believe I was purchasing a quality, top of the range piece of hardware.
2) It feels nice in the palm of my hand and does move smoothly over the mouse mat.
3) The various scrolling options, at first seemed useful but in reality ultimately became more of a gimmick than of real use.
4) Extension lead supplied for placing receiver on the desk top.
5) Receiver can be stored in mouse when on the move.

What I don't like
1) The touch sensitive scrolling is not related accurately to the movement of one's finger. OK if you swipe your finger down the strrip, it scrolls incredibly quickly almost at an uncontrollable rate, if I need to go up or down a page that quickly, it simpler to hit the page up or down on the key board. If you try doing it slowly it is jerky and not atall consistent.
2) If you need to right click to bring up a drop down menu it has to be on the extreme front edge of the RHS. If you just right click it simply removes any highlighted items you might be wishing to cut /paste for example, with the result you have do start again. I don't have particularly long fingers, they are average but this makes for a very frustrating time wasting.
3) In some document formats (e.g. PDF documents) for some reason this mouse has never wanted to scroll with the centre scroll position, so I've had to resort to clicking on the button on the side of the document to scroll down.
4)The extra touch functions are are so sensitive that frequently, I find windows closing, snapping quite by accident making their function more of a nuisance at a benefit and just slows work down.
5) It appears to eat batteries I have already changed them twice, where as in my previous Logitech mouse they lasted for eighteen months and that with me often not switching the mouse off.
6) When working on photographs in Photoshop often without any obvious cause, the picture suddenly enlarges or reduces in size and I have to click the mouse to stop it.
7) Now after just two months the scroll functions have ceased working. This is the last straw, so I have just ordered a Logitech mouse. I will also try to return this under the warranty on the basis that it is not fit fr purpose and has stopped working properly anyway.

The only reason for changing to the Microsoft in the first place was that the scroll wheel on my old Logitech had malfunctioned after years of almost continuous daily use and in my wisdom I thought, a non-mechanical scroll would be perfect and consequently even more reliable.

In my opinion, the concept is brilliant the execution awful.

Tchaikovsky, Saint-SaŽns, Faure, Bruch, Chang, Rostropovich (Works for Cello and Orchestra)

5.0 out of 5 stars Music to relax to, 29 July 2014
Not a recent recording but none the less beautifully recorded.

For me, and I'm no musicologist, a lovely selection of gorgeous music payed most tenderly and sympathetically.

Nadezhda Kadysheva, Zolotoe koltso. Sudarushka
Nadezhda Kadysheva, Zolotoe koltso. Sudarushka
Offered by TOP-MUSIC-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Russian Folk Music, 14 July 2014
I first came across this singer by accident in Alaska on a compilation disc, Посвящение Земле Русской (Dedication Earth Russian - literal translation from Google) and loved the typical Russian folk music, especially the tracks sung by this lady. This one also has some West European tunes.

If you like world music, especially with East European/Russian influence, I am sure you will appreciate this.

One word of caution I am no musicologist or expert on music but love good harmony and melodious tunes.

Russian Gypsy Music (Musique Tzigane Russe)
Russian Gypsy Music (Musique Tzigane Russe)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite, 1 July 2014
I am a fan of folk music and the music on this disc is really nice. However, to my ears the singing leaves a lot to be desired with many of the tracks leaving me feeling that the 'singers' were almost shouting and on times discordant.

Favourite Welsh Male Voice Choirs
Favourite Welsh Male Voice Choirs
Offered by Speedyhen Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking selection of some of the best Wesh Choirs, 19 Jun. 2014
If you don't have any recording s of Welsh Choirs, this is a great one.

If you do be careful because there is not a lot of original pieces rather the same old favorites, lovey as they are.

Mountain Warehouse Water Bottle - 1 Litre - Camping Metallic Aluminium Drinking Drinks Flask + Karabiner Cobalt
Offered by Mountain Warehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat handy and better than plastic, 19 Jun. 2014
It looks good and does the job.

I have concerns about keeping it clean internally , especially the shoulders at the to, which are not accessible or viewable.

10 Way, Plug or Multi Socket Surge Protected Tower or Extension Lead Computer Surge Protected - 2 Metre , 13 Amp - CE Approved
Offered by OgbDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the money, 19 Jun. 2014
Does the job.

The manufacturers do not recommend using the cable tidy underneath whilst it is in use, which to my mind greatly reduces it's value.

There is an indicator light but no way of switching the tower off other than at the mains.

Original DERRI Boots WATERPROOF Thermal Lined Hard Wearing RACING GREEN (UK 7 EU 41/42)

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm Wellies, 13 Mar. 2014
These rubber boots are warm and comfortable . I found the foot to be a little narrow, so if you have broad feet you might find them a tad tight. My only real gripe is that they are a very snug fit on the calf, mine are not skinny but fairly normal for a man, so if you wish to tuck trousers or trainer bottoms in, forget it.Ok for water proof trouser that can fit over them if you don't mind getting your water proofs
muddy.

They are a good compromise between a sloppy fitting welly or getting ones feet wet!

Cullmann Magnesit Copter Multiple Tripod
Cullmann Magnesit Copter Multiple Tripod

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little investment, 13 Mar. 2014
This is ideal for those occasions when you don't want to carry a full sized tripod but need stability for the camera to produce crisp photographs. It is a robust, no frills mini tripod. it stows away quickly and into a very tight space. I recommend it highly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3