Profile for L. Hughes > Reviews

Content by L. Hughes

L. Hughes (Manchester, England.)

ghd IV Mini Styler
ghd IV Mini Styler
Offered by City of Hair

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for men or short hair..., 11 Nov. 2008
This review is from: ghd IV Mini Styler (Personal Care)
Great product - if you are looking at this product you already know that it is high quality. I had been using my old GHD straighteners for around 5 years and felt the need for an upgrade purely because I had a tendency to forget to switch them off! These new versions are great because they switch off automatically in case you forget. This set is perfect for men or if you have short hair. I bought two pairs, one for a friend with short hair and one for my boyfriend - both love them.

Because they are so much slimmer than the standard size, you can get much closer to the scalp and this means you can really notice the difference. I've even used them in my own long hair to get much tighter curls and a closer finish.

I know GHDs are costly when you can get straighteners for much less. Like I said, my last pair lasted me for well over 5 years which just shows the quality of these units!

Don't hesitate!

Office 2008 for Mac, Home and Student Edition (3 User Edition) (Mac)
Office 2008 for Mac, Home and Student Edition (3 User Edition) (Mac)
Offered by Empire Group

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for creating windows compatible documents..., 11 Nov. 2008
I am by no means a computer genius but talking from a novice point of view I have to say that after purchasing this product 3 months ago I have been perfectly happy with it. I previously had the office 2004 for MAC which admittedly was perhaps a little more user friendly and generally straight forward, but decided to upgrade to the new Office 2008 when I purchased a new iMac.

I generally only use Word and Excel, occasionally Powerpoint, and they serve the purpose that they are there for. After a little bit of getting used to, I've figured most things out, although creating web pages with the Word is not as simple as it was with 2004, and would happily recommend it to a friend. I am currently using it with Leopard operating system.

If you simply want to be able to create Windows compatible documents then this pack should give you everything you need. I use mine for writing word documents and creating spreadsheets and transferring these between my Windows based PC at work and my iMac at home. For this everything serves the purpose well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2011 1:54 PM GMT

Sony DSCT2W Digital Camera - White (8.1MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.7" LCD 4GB Internal Memory

4.0 out of 5 stars Good-looking and simple to use..., 11 Nov. 2008
I purchased this camera back in July to replace my previous DCS-N2 model which had gone faulty. I was looking for a small, compact, good looking camera that would take shots quickly and could be used for a whole host of occasions and which kept the touchscreen operations I was used to. This camera matches my needs perfectly.

Its much smaller than I expected and is an ideal camera for somebody who doesn't want to spend their time riddling through lots of options to get the optimum photograph. It's a point a shoot camera with the extras added on. The touchscreen, I find personally, makes everything a lot easier to navigate and the auto-switch on using the front slide means photographs can be taken quickly in the moment.

The photo quality is good and there are lots of great features for displaying and organising the pictures you take. I haven't used any additional Sony software with this item as I use iPhoto on my MAC but file transfer is also easy and painless. What's more, with 4GB internal memory - and room for an additional memory card- you've got no excuse for running out of room.

I'd happily recommend this camera to a friend if they are too a bit of a camera novice and just looking for something good looking and simple to use.