Profile for Collins End Music Club > Reviews

Content by Collins End Mu...

Collins End Music Club (South Oxfordshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Berghaus Explorer Trail, Men's Hiking Boots, Grey, 8 UK
Berghaus Explorer Trail, Men's Hiking Boots, Grey, 8 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 28 May 2014
Had a pair of similar Berghaus boots which have just worn out. These look excellent and fit well like the previous pair. Arrived the day after ordering - great service.

13KG BAG OF PEANUTS FOR BIRDFOOD
13KG BAG OF PEANUTS FOR BIRDFOOD
Offered by RM English & Son

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 24 Oct. 2013
I thought peanuts were peanuts were peanuts so I could safely buy the cheapest. Well, I was wrong. These peanuts have gone all mouldy, so the birds won't eat them. So I have chucked them out and I will go back to my previous supplier.

HOMEFRONT HEATING PAD FOR PETS 60 x 40cm (INCLUDES 2 MACHINE WASHABLE COVERS)
HOMEFRONT HEATING PAD FOR PETS 60 x 40cm (INCLUDES 2 MACHINE WASHABLE COVERS)

5.0 out of 5 stars real deal, 22 Oct. 2011
I have found this to be an excellent heated pad. It is hotter than its rivals, so my elderly cat unfurls and luxuriates in the heat. It is larger than some pads, so make sure that it will fit in your pet bed (it has to be flat, not folded).

SAFE 12 V Petnap Electric Cat Dog heat pad mat 33cm x 44cm
SAFE 12 V Petnap Electric Cat Dog heat pad mat 33cm x 44cm
Offered by Petnap Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Safe. Very very very safe., 17 Oct. 2011
First of all, the bed doesn't get very warm, my cat remains curled up tight on it rather than luxuriating in warmth as he did on his old one that lasted years.

And it is very very very safe because after 6 months use it has stopped working and gives no heat at all! I have contacted Petnap, and they are sending a replacement immediately (thank you Petnap! Great service!) but I will be buying a spare as well (different make) so that I always have a back up for my elderly cat.

I have given it 2 stars (rather than just 1) because it has a very nice fleece cover that is easy to keep clean and it is possible that I was unlucky (as indeed was the cat...) and got a duff one.

Health/Disco
Health/Disco

5.0 out of 5 stars Health & Health/Disco are not the same, 14 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Health/Disco (Audio CD)
Beware punters! Amazon has linked the reviews of Health & Health/Disco. These are two completely differently albums!! Health is pure noise (I didn't like it - too raw for me). Health/Disco are remixes of the noise into rather fabulous dance, which is much more up my street for what it's worth. So be careful. Health = noise; Health/Disco = dance.

Iron Man
Iron Man

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds like BB King!, 14 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Iron Man (Audio CD)
This is good ole blues. If you like BB King you'll like it. if you don't like BB King then you won't like it. It's as simple as that.

Never Never Love
Never Never Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful bonkers stuff, 14 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Never Never Love (Audio CD)
Great, energetic, rocky, funky pop (a little genre defying). Pop Levi has a great voice, especially the rather deranged falsetto. Apparently he's good live but I've not seen him (reports please?). Listen & enjoy!

The National
The National
Offered by Squirrelsounds

5.0 out of 5 stars Every bit as good as Boxer and Alligator, 29 Mar. 2008
This review is from: The National (Audio CD)
I explored the National's back catalogue because I enjoyed Alligator & Boxer so much. This album is truly excellent, and stands up well to their later work. I think one of the best things about the National's music is their amazing lyrics - complex, bittersweet, emotional without going anywhere near slushy. I thought this album was as accessible as Alligator & Boxer, so even if you're new to the National then give it a go.

By the way, they are great live. Nothing like I imagined from their albums - the lead singer is truly manic on stage. Catch them if you can.

Sea Lion
Sea Lion

4.0 out of 5 stars Person pitch meets salsa, 21 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Sea Lion (Audio CD)
This album is great fun. Woozy sounds. Beach Boy harmonies. It's a bit like a more mainstream version of Panda bear's Person Pitch.

The Stage Names
The Stage Names
Offered by Qoolist

3.0 out of 5 stars Takes itself a bit seriously, 21 Mar. 2008
This review is from: The Stage Names (Audio CD)
I read the other reviews, and I can tell that we just have different tastes. I found this album somewhat overblown, and sentimental. But my husband likes it, so it can't be all bad.

Page: 1 | 2