Profile for thewatcher > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
I Was A Teenage Werewolf [VHS]
I Was A Teenage Werewolf [VHS]
VHS

4.0 out of 5 stars I think amusing would be more like it. However I would love to see this ..., 10 Nov 2014
I first saw this film at the local cinema, Sunday evening special horror show.
I am not sure if I found it scary then, but I am afraid I do not find it so now.
I think amusing would be more like it.
However I would love to see this remastered and released on dvd. I would certainly buy it.
I suppose it reminds me of my youth.
The acting is a bit corny, but it holds your interest.

Night Caller (In Colour) [DVD]
Night Caller (In Colour) [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Saxon

4.0 out of 5 stars I like these silly sci-fi movies, 10 Nov 2014
I like these silly sci-fi movies. This is one of my favourites.
The stars are mostly well known. John Saxon looks as if he is just out of school.
Warren Mitchell is featured and does a quite funny double act with his screen wife.
I was not impressed with the colour version. At times the colours looked very washed out and false.
Still the disc does have the black and white version as well, so no complaints.
The space being has a hand that is so obviously a rubber glove.
These comments are not complaints, this is the sort of thing you expect with these movies and I think they are amusing for that.
All great fun.

Double-wall Straight Sided Cafetiere 3 Cup
Double-wall Straight Sided Cafetiere 3 Cup
Offered by Harts Of Stur

4.0 out of 5 stars My fishing coffee maker., 20 Aug 2014
I use this for my coffee brew when I am fishing.
I got it so as could not break it. Things get kicked around on the lake bank.
I have used it many times now and am well pleased.

Attack of the Crab Monsters
Attack of the Crab Monsters
Offered by stuarts dvd's

4.0 out of 5 stars Film of my youth., 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Attack of the Crab Monsters (DVD)
I have given this film 4 stars, not because it is a great film. It is not. But I like these old sci fi/ horror. Films
I watched it years ago when I was much younger at the special showing of this type of film on a Sunday.
I thought the plot is a bit thin. The monster crabs are ok, but they look like people dressed up, sometimes.
You can play spot the people's legs on the crabs.
However if you forget all this and just watch without any great expectations. You may find it enjoyable.
There were lots of these type of films around this time.

Proteus [DVD]
Proteus [DVD]
Dvd ~ Craig Fairbrass
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Proteus [DVD] (DVD)
This film is awful. For a lot of the film a blue tinge is present making it unpleasant to view. No doubt this was to hide the poor set, monster and acting.
The plot could have been better handled. Perhaps with a bigger budget, better actors and better CGI/models, it would have.
In my opinion it was a waste of money, even second hand.

The Time Machine [DVD] [2002]
The Time Machine [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Guy Pearce
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA

3.0 out of 5 stars Time Machine 2, 21 Dec 2013
I liked this film. Although it is not original. It has better graphics and a slightly different plot line.
The ending may not be to every ones taste. But then the original was not to every ones taste.
The acting is not that bad and as I said before it has better visuals.

MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2013 Plus (Anniversary Offer) incl. Photo Manager MX Deluxe

4.0 out of 5 stars Video Edit Software, 16 Oct 2013
I have used magix products before and have been looking for a video editing software that suits my needs. Nothing too difficult to use.
I downloaded the trial version and found this was what I wanted. I can cut or insert movie sequences. Save to hard disk or burn to dvd.
In fact all I require.
The Amazon version was also cheaper than buying online and I have the disc. I allways feel more secure with the disc.
Next thing was it arrived next day.

The Hills Have Eyes [DVD]
The Hills Have Eyes [DVD]
Dvd ~ Susan Lanier
Offered by Not2day Media

4.0 out of 5 stars Wes Craven, 13 July 2013
This review is from: The Hills Have Eyes [DVD] (DVD)
Not much for me to say about this film that has not already been said.
It has not been bettered even though others have tried. It has certainly been imitated many times. Wrong turn, is one that springs to mind.
Wes Craven even tried to better this movie, but he failed also. In my opinion. The film is a bit dated, but if you like this type of film. Worth watching.

The Hunt For Red October (Special Collector's Edition [DVD] [1990]
The Hunt For Red October (Special Collector's Edition [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Sean Connery

4.0 out of 5 stars Sean Connery, 13 July 2013
This is a very enjoyable film. Keeps up the suspense. With almost believable characters.
Sean Connery is just Sean Connery, but that is good enough. The plot unravels well and if you have not read the book, it comes as a surprise. Well it did for me anyhow.

Life In Danger / Cover Girl Killer [DVD]
Life In Danger / Cover Girl Killer [DVD]
Dvd ~ Derren Nesbitt

4.0 out of 5 stars Two fair films., 26 Jan 2013
I did not expect much from this dvd. However I was plesently surprised.
You get two films about an hour in length each.
Life in danger has Derren Nesbit in the star role. Which he carries out competently.
Cover Girl Killer has Harry H Corbet playing the killer. A role he does very well.
The two films are easy to watch. SOme of the acting is a bit "hammy". But all in all worth a look.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4