Profile for Burly Linda > Reviews

You Wouldn't Want to be Married to Henry VIII
You Wouldn't Want to be Married to Henry VIII
by Fiona MacDonald

5.0 out of 5 stars Very child friendly., 12 Jan 2014
Used this with 8 and 9 year olds. They found it entertaining, so learnt while having fun. Loved the variety of the layout : thought bubbles, fact boxes, inset pictures etc. Plenty of detail in the illustrations to provide learning for the less confident reader. I would definitely recommend this.

The True Story of the Three Little Pigs (Picture Puffin)
The True Story of the Three Little Pigs (Picture Puffin)
by Jon Scieszka

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little read., 12 Jan 2014
Very clever twist on the traditional story. I enjoyed it as much as my Yr 4 class (8 and 9 yr olds).
A great model to show children how to write a story from a different viewpoint.

The Complete Loft Conversion Book: Planning, Managing and Completing Your Conversion
by Julian Owen

5.0 out of 5 stars Covers everything you need to know., 12 Jan 2014
Masses of suggestions, sound advice, easy to follow instructions, plenty of architectural sketches and coloured illustrations to show potential finished look. Perfect gift for friends planning a loft conversion, which is why I bought it.

Paoletti Hamilton Pure Cotton Hand Knitted Throw, Blue, 140 x 190 Cm
Paoletti Hamilton Pure Cotton Hand Knitted Throw, Blue, 140 x 190 Cm
Offered by Linens Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile eough to be furniture throw, blanket or armchair snuggler!, 12 Jan 2014
After months of traipsing around department stores, I have found exactly what I wanted: just the right shade of denimy bluey grey to go with my colour scheme. Not too bulky, so perfect to snuggle under to watch a DVD, but large enough to use as an extra layer on the bed when it's really chilly. Pure cotton, so no itchy, scratchy old blanket feel! The cable knit pattern is perfect for traditional or modern decors. I'm one happy bunny!

ESPRIT 083EE1G014 Women's Coat Cinder Blue Size 10
ESPRIT 083EE1G014 Women's Coat Cinder Blue Size 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 12 Jan 2014
I found exactly what I was looking for: smart with skirt and boots for work, casual with jeans for the weekend. Very comfy, but not too bulky (like lots of puffa type coats) so perfect for driving in, but warm enough for playground duty on bitterly cold days. Perfect length too. I hate fur around my face so the detachable fur came off straight away, and I think it looks more streamline without the belt, so that's off too, but good to have the choice. I love it!

The Santa Trap
The Santa Trap
by Jonathan Emmett

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for mischievous children. Just remind them not to try this at home!!, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Santa Trap (Paperback)
Great fun! Fantastic pictures with lots of detail and a few 'secret' shadows etc for children to spot. I used it with a Yr 4 class (8 and 9 year olds) and they loved it, but I enjoyed it just as much!

The Prince Of Egypt [DVD] [1998]
The Prince Of Egypt [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ Val Kilmer
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant viewing but not entirely accurate, 25 Jun 2012
I am a teacher and I bought this to watch with a Yr3 class (7-8 year olds)to support some RE work on the story of Moses. Whilst it was entertaining viewing, it seemed not to tally with the bible story we had studied. One such example was that we had learned that although Moses was brought up by an Egyptian princess, he had always known he was an Israelite; in the film he is horrified when he finds out as an adult that he is an Israelite. Another is that the bible story stated that the Pharoah's daughter was particularly keen to keep Moses as she wanted children, but had none of her own; in the film, as she carries the baby Moses into the house, there is a toddler tugging at her robe calling her mother. I'm not sure which is the most accurate, perhaps some children's bibles contain slightly different versions of events. None the less it was a relaxing afternoon's viewing with enough humour to keep the children engaged.