Profile for Heba taher > Reviews

And the Mountains Echoed
And the Mountains Echoed
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars glad it's over, 2 May 2014
Khaled Hussein is a very good writer very vivid descriptions and metaphors , rich characters ,the plot made up of many pieces yet still solid and well connected. His words carries so much wisdom and stinging reality of the doctor's perception.
This book took me ages to finish , but I am glad it's over because I just like to finish what I start.
On personal level khaled husseini is not my cuppa of tea and I don't think I will read more books for him, I can see khaled in one of his characters the hesitating doctor.
I don't think I will read his other book which I already bought , doesn't put you in a good mood if you are a doctor yourself or working in some stressful profession or going through stressful time.
However , i learnt a lot about Afgani culture and Farsi poetry and I this gave me clue that Farsi poetry is indeed one of the best ,wisest and heart touching poetry. I knew why the shaheen quartets are so famous in the Middle East , where the Arbian nights stemmed from and why Many of the Arabian nights stories are taking place in the Far East , and the rich imagination of the Gines and Dives the mountains where all there in these countries probably Afghanistan .

Sycamore Row
Sycamore Row
by John Grisham
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A writer with a professional background, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sycamore Row (Hardcover)
As a reader I am not after a book that would just entertain me ... With no real value .. I would like to come out with something out of it.
It is a page turner
I will prioritise reading books written by writers with a strong educational and professional background like Grisham.
I learned a lot about law and using the right words to defend your cause.
That was generally speaking.
What I liked about the book was the emphasis on body language and its interpretation ... There is even a jury councillor who is paid thousands of dollars to read body language .... A subject which if one thought of it ,would be considered a paranoid person... And there were articles written to incriminate such way thinking as way of making your life simple
.... Now I think I will feel more comfortable interpreting such language.
All the characters were vividly described and I liked them all despite their flaws "we all have flaws"
I just liked the book though it felt at time like reading a script for an American movie , which I think would turn into one.
But I love this book has a lot of value in it and it's worth it.

Night Shift
Night Shift
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars some stories, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: Night Shift (Kindle Edition)
Not all Steven kings stories are based on supernatural powers ....some of them are based on powers and intricacies of human mind and those ones I particularly liked....because they sound possible ...I liked the stories with relatively good endings....king was an English teacher that's probably why he masters the words but sometimes I wonder if he were a biology teacher ...because of the vivid description of some physiological responses.