ARRAY(0xa845ea08)

Profile for P. Boulton > Reviews

Content by P. Boulton

P. Boulton (Exeter, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Apartment 1303 [DVD]
Apartment 1303 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mischa Barton
Price: 7.75

1.0 out of 5 stars boring and back of the case lies, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Apartment 1303 [DVD] (DVD)
Just watched this tripe and have to agree with the reviewers on this crap film. Bad acting, no scares and awful, we'll, everything!!
De Mornay is the only good thing in this film however. Still, I would avoid this film.

Maybe a spoiler (still avoid though)

The back of the case says that the sister is celebrating with friends then commits suicide. What effing friends? She has sex with her new boyfriend (who, looks the spit of George Michael) then leaves when she jumps.
Then the text says that her older sister discovers the the tragic story, revealing the truth behind what happens in apartment? Does she eff!! A cop tells her a little of the suicides that happened before and that's it!
Maybe I'm missing something but this is a shoddy, low budget, crap acting piece of s***.
Also the front cover has nothing to do with the film, it's a woman being dragged out of a window wearing a very old looking dress!? This doesn't happen or even shown this in flashbacks.
Avoid avoid avoid.

The Caretaker [DVD]
The Caretaker [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anna Burgess
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: 4.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Joke of a film, Avoid!!, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Caretaker [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this after picking it up and looking at all the 4/5 star reviews, stake land meets evil dead and vampire films don't get better than this!
What the hell!!
This was an absolute joke of a film, really really bad acting, bad effects (ok its a low budget film, but still!). The plot sounded good, vampire protects the humans at night while the humans protect the vampire during the day. At first it was okish being very low budget but once you saw the acting and the philosophical "main" vamp it just became a laughing stock for a film!! Me and my girlfriend watched it but we were tempted to turn it off after 1/2 hour, but as always we kept on going. Wish we hadn't now. Don't know how this got any stars or rave reviews. Now I usually look into films more closely and do a bit of research but I just had to be the first reviewer to tell people not to even rent this joke of a film.
Maybe if the effects were better, acting (if you can call it that) miles better this could've been a decent film!
Also, to say its like stake land meets evil dead is an huuuuuge insult to those great films!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2013 3:57 PM BST

Dread [DVD]
Dread [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jackson Rathbone
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Not jump out scary but............., 27 Jun 2011
This review is from: Dread [DVD] (DVD)
After reading a lot of clive barker, I was quite excited to hear about this film. I even found the book and read it again so I could get the story in my head, it was a couple of years since I started the Books of Blood. I'm not going into the plot as it's been done, but I really do think this film is a gem when it comes to suspense (ok, not all the way through). If your after gore like Hellraiser, you'll be disappointed (although enough here for what it is). This film focuses on your fear and (of course) DREAD! When I first watched it i was comparing it to the short story way too much, and not really seeing through someone elses eyes. Watched it again and I really did enjoy it. A very good film adaptation I think, it sticks in your head for a bit, and I always like that in a film. It's not a film you'll watch over and over again for but how much it is now you'll be getting a bargain! Barker fans old and new if you haven't seen this then grab it!

MY-Link USB2.0 Omata Luxury 2.5 inch Enclosure SATA Hard Drive case  TOP QUALITY
MY-Link USB2.0 Omata Luxury 2.5 inch Enclosure SATA Hard Drive case TOP QUALITY

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooooooooo EASY!, 4 Aug 2009
I bought this not really knowing which case to get, just read all reviews and went for it. When it arrived it had the screwdriver, screws, case, soft pouch and a little bit of paper telling you how to do it all. I just ignored the "manual" then went to screw it all together, I then plugged it into my laptop, formatted it and that was it. Very easy and it does look very good. I've got another sata 2.5" (ps3) so I'll try the other (slightly cheaper) omata HDD case, I'm sure it'll be just as simple.

320GB 2,5" WD Scorpio WD3200BEVT SATA 5400rpm 8MB
320GB 2,5" WD Scorpio WD3200BEVT SATA 5400rpm 8MB
Offered by ADMI Limited UK
Price: 33.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly for my PS3, 8 Feb 2009
I've been thinking of changing my hard drive for my ps3 for a while now, and I'm glad I did. Not being much of a technical person I was searching the internet to find tips and even videos about the taking the HDD out of my 60gb ps3. I was a bit worried that I may lose or damage the tiny screws of the casing for the hard drive, but it took a couple of minutes and it was done, a few screws thats it!. The long part was backing up, I bought a 160gb external HDD ages ago after my ps3 crashed and lost all my saves and music, but when I restored the data everything was back to normal with the exception of having 224gb of space (Playstation Home, Play tv, Saves, music etc does actually use alot up). Overall if your thinking of changing the HDD, just do it because it's so simple and this massive HDD is the way to go. PS3 online ID: Bluey82

Talisac - 12" Figure - Clive Barkers Tortured Souls - Mcfarlane
Talisac - 12" Figure - Clive Barkers Tortured Souls - Mcfarlane
Offered by thebookcommunity_fba
Price: 120.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly but great model, 10 Jan 2009
This is a great model and goes well with all my film horror icon models, however, I'm annoyed with the way the hooks don't fit into the holes in the face and the metal looking spine doesn't fit into the base properly. Very fiddly but I still think it's a great model. Buy it if you don't mind hours of messing around.

NJOY Wireless Keyboard & Trackball Set (PS3)
NJOY Wireless Keyboard & Trackball Set (PS3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, 22 Oct 2008
Not sure why Amazon have said this is available pre order because mine arrived today. I was getting pretty annoyed with the typing on my ps3 controller so i was hunting for a cheap keyboard. I'm glad to say i have found one, it did seem poorly made at first but the price does say alot. The only little things that annoyed me about the keyboard were the actual base doesn't have any grip at all (I'm disabled and can only use my left arm) which made it a bit iritating (but blu tac will sort that out lol) and the trackball doesn't seem very secure. My ps3 found it straight away so there was no hassle with that. Also the keyboard is light and very rattley but at this price I wan't expecting the very best, and I'm not going to use it everyday (thats probably a lie ha ha). Overall very pleased. Ps3 ID Bluey82
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2009 4:34 PM GMT

Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
Price: 12.00

4.0 out of 5 stars 66.55% Done, 22 May 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is a top game no question, but there's something misssing? I was ecstatic when I was watching the title sequence thinking this'll be wicked. But when I was driving roman to his work/place (can't remember now) I hated the driving, it was awful, like driving on ice. I nearly smashed the car up. Also I was annoyed about the controls (I'm onehanded) y change? Then I was so glad that I could change them. Not the best start ha ha. The graphics are superb the detail amazing but not sounding like a miserable git I thought being a next gen game, it would be THE BEST GAME EVER! but all they've done is polish up the graphics. Not sure what I was expecting but I just have a feeling there's something more that could have been done. This is a wicked game don't get me wrong, this,oblivion and cod4 is what every ps3 owner should own. I'm gonna be playing this for a while, untill another free roam game comes out that can be on par with this

The Eye [DVD]
The Eye [DVD]
Dvd ~ Angelica Lee
Offered by CP UK And Global LTD
Price: 2.80

5.0 out of 5 stars 5.1 and the dark, 20 Mar 2008
This review is from: The Eye [DVD] (DVD)
This film should really be watched with surround sound and in the dark, on your own. I watched it that way an I loved it. I borrowed the film first not really knowing much about it and it was just the most suspenseful film I've seen in years. A must own film for the fans of the eastern horror/thrillers.

Eastern Promises [DVD]
Eastern Promises [DVD]
Dvd ~ Viggo Mortensen
Offered by Discs4all
Price: 4.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 18 Mar 2008
This review is from: Eastern Promises [DVD] (DVD)
This film is fantastic, I was so looking forward to this after A History Of Violence and I wasn't disapointed. I'm not going to write the whole plot out for you like some people do but I'm just going to recommend this to anyone who liked AHOV or any of Cronenbourg's films. Great acting, Great plot and Brilliant direction. MUST SEE

Page: 1 | 2