Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Gem" (Plymouth, UK)

Safe Dreams Safebreathe Patch Soft Toys for Newborn (White)
Safe Dreams Safebreathe Patch Soft Toys for Newborn (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this but not as much as my baby boy does!!!!, 1 Jun 2013
I bought this as I was worried about leaving a non breathable teddy in the cot. My 7 month do loves it! As soon as I put him to sleep he grabs the ears and in the morning he plays with it until we come to pick him out of the cot. It's good quality, I've pressed it against my face to check and I can breathe so it's also safe! I would definitely buy it again and would recommend it to friends..

Safe Dreams 4-Sided Cot Wrap with 100% cotton surface (White)
Safe Dreams 4-Sided Cot Wrap with 100% cotton surface (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for an active sleeper!, 1 Jun 2013
I have a 4 and a half year old and a 7 month old. I just wish I'd found this for my first born. My little one is extremely active and was constantly getting arms and legs stuck through cot bars while he was asleep. This is very easy to fit and safe too. We haven't once had a problem with him 'getting stuck' since we installed it. In fact, he finds comfort from it while he sleeps. I also bought a breathable teddy which he adores! It's a must buy for wriggly, active babies!!!!

Cars 2 Go Glow Light and Torch (discontinued by manufacturer)
Cars 2 Go Glow Light and Torch (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Son loves it!, 23 Feb 2013
My son loves this present. It charges abce his bed and as a nightlight it's brilliant and he will say as a torch even better! Battery lasts a long time. Light not too bright as a torch or a night light. Great buy.

Go Mini Stunt Racer Bite
Go Mini Stunt Racer Bite

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a little present, 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: Go Mini Stunt Racer Bite (Toy)
This was bought as a gift for a boy at my son's preschool. You pull it back and when it goes,it performs a stunt. Good cheap present. Not worth too much so buy on offer.

Moby Wrap Solid, Black
Moby Wrap Solid, Black
Offered by Babies & Kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - should have bought for a newborn!, 23 Feb 2013
Being quite a stubborn person, I had gone for a Stokke baby carrier (which incidentally I love) and was determined to use it all the time. However, it was difficult to store when you didn't want to wear it, for example in the bottom of a pram and almost impossible to sit in. I really wish I'd bought the moby wrap for my first child and this time for my second when he was still a newborn (he's now 4 months). I don't regret buying it at all. In fact it's so easy to get on and Oscar loves it. I watched a youtube video to master the technique and twice watching means I'm now an expert. I put his little hat on and away we go and it's almost made my Stokke one redundant. If you're wondering whether this is for you, go for it!!!! It's really handy to use as well as another baby carrier as it can quite easily go in a bag or in the bottom of a pram!! To sum up ... I LOVE IT!!

Witchfinder: Dawn of the Demontide
Witchfinder: Dawn of the Demontide
by William Hussey

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read!, 15 April 2010
I picked this up from a shelf while out shopping and I am so glad that I did. I am an English teacher in a secondary school and so I always keep up to date with teenage fiction. This was a great book for adults and teenagers alike. It is violent so it is a 12+ book in my mind, but there's so much more to this book than just the fact that it is a little violent, so don't let that put you off. It's hard to explain what it's about without giving the plot away - it follows a teenager who discovers the stories that he had read about (demons, vampires - all of the horror comics) are true and that he has to find a way of stopping the 'demontide' opening the gates of hell. It is well written and I read it in one whole sitting. The main characters are compelling and the adults in the books go through real moral dilemmas (or some of them do!) I can't wait for the next book and am glad I picked it up from the shelf that afternoon. You won't be disappointed if you like horror/thriller or just plain exciting reads!Witchfinder: Dawn of the Demontide (Witchfinders)

by Melvin Burgess

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard-hitting fiction which will last with you long after you've finished reading it!, 23 July 2009
This review is from: Nicholas Dane (Hardcover)
Nicholas Dane

As an English teacher I always try to read new "children's" fiction. Melvin Burgess always delivers books which cut to the bone and challenge views of society or at least open our eyes to society and 'Nicholas Dane' does just that. This book is hard hitting - it features abuse, violence, rape and there is a lot of strong swearing - but don't let this put you off!

This book will compel you to ask questions - how did this ever happen and who was responsible for it happening!?! Burgess writes with a total honesty, without gratification.

For anyone that has ever experienced a life like the main protagonists, or for those that haven't, his experiences will resonate far longer than it will take you to read the book. Hard-hitting and controversial it may be, but this does happen, perhaps not to the extent that it did in the 80's amongst care homes, but abuse within domestic situations and within homes is still present and if only 1 person after reading this book commits to changing society then Burgess has succeeded in my eyes.

Be warned: not for younger readers. I would say possibly for 15/16 years +. Strong subject matter and language.

Who Do You Think You Are? Encyclopedia of Genealogy: The definitive reference guide to tracing your family history
by Nick Barratt

5.0 out of 5 stars A huge help with family history!, 20 April 2009
I couldn't do without this book. I started researching my family tree over 2 years ago and found that there were things I didn't understand, information I needed but didn't know how to get and this book points you in all the right directions. It also details what certain occupations were about and their importance and has a few links to the programme - shows how they found out certain information and so on.

All in all, I don't regret buying this book for one moment - it is full of website addresses, addresses to write to and lots of information you thought you knew but realised you didn't.

A great help!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great baby buy!!, 20 April 2009
We spent ages researching baby monitors and bought this one because of the features it had. One of the things that got our baby to sleep was the sound of the hair dryer which was becoming quite expensive. We recorded the sound of the hairdryer on to the baby monitor and now we just play it this way. We can even operate it downstairs (all of the functions can be operated from the parent controls).

The sound is such good quality that we could hear our neighbour next door watching football (who was upstairs) while we were watching tv downstairs through the baby monitor. I have absolutely no complaints about it - you can have it battery operated or you can plug the baby unit in and the parent unit simply charges like a phone does.

So far - we love it. It does everything we need!!

Boy Soldier
Boy Soldier
by Robert Rigby

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally ... an engaging read for boys and girls alike!, 17 Nov 2007
This review is from: Boy Soldier (Paperback)
I am a teacher and was looking for a book for teenagers that wasn't patronising, dull and had all the elements of adult fiction in. Boy Soldier has all of the above. It gripped me until the end, it didn't patronise for a younger audience and it used elements that are relevant to teenagers in today's society such as MSN, Email, text messaging and so on. It is also quick paced and littered with action.

So there is 2 swear words in it - in my school they call each other far worse! Also, it is not in there for the hell of it - it is within context. Besides, I can completely ignore that if it's going to get them to read and believe me, this is definitely the book to engage the boys (and I can vouch for the girls, as I was completely enthralled also!)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2013 7:21 PM GMT