Profile for K. C. > Reviews

Content by K. C.

K. C. (Surrey, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Sarah Brightman In Concert featuring Andrew Lloyd Webber & Andrea Bocelli (CD+DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sarah Brightman, 18 July 2011
This is a marvellous mixture of magical songs sung to perfection by the versatile Sarah Brightman including a duet with the equally perfect Andrea Bocelli.

5 Canon Pixma MP550 Original Printer Ink Cartridges - Cyan / Magenta / Yellow / Black / Large Black
Offered by Expert Ink Shop
Price: 52.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Original ink for Canon, 28 Feb 2011
Only original ink will be considered for my Pixma printer so only reliable suppliers at a reasonable cost can be considered to give the usual faultless no hassle performance of Canon's products.

Secret Knowledge: Rediscovering the lost techniques of the Old Masters
Secret Knowledge: Rediscovering the lost techniques of the Old Masters
by David Hockney
Price: 19.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Books on Art, 29 Jan 2011
I was so intrigued reading this book that it only took a couple of days to read and this was fast for me! The research into the techniques and the clues in the paintings (as to using mirrors or lenses) of the old masters was fascinating. I would have loved to have seen more of other aids, old and new, and then these compared to drawing from the heart (I prefer this to eyeballing as D.H. refers to) which, for some, would be too slow in comparison. It is a book of the methods of the old masters however and not todays, which is another book in itself.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2011 10:23 AM BST

Tamron 55-200mm F4-5.6 Di-II LD Macro for Minolta/Sony AF
Tamron 55-200mm F4-5.6 Di-II LD Macro for Minolta/Sony AF

5.0 out of 5 stars Tamron Lenses, 5 Nov 2010
I think this lens will spend more time on my Sony A camera than any other. Even though I've just received this lens it has been quickly tested with another, of a similar type of manufacturer, but with focal lengths 17-70mm - this one being 55-200mm (much lighter in weight and about half the price of the former) and both of these tested at 70mm. Whether it is unfair to test lenses of different zoom focal lengths might be a point but I can only judge what is the better from what I own. I do know that my former lens has always given woolly images and my desire for wide angle shots is limited to close up at times. So this Tamron lens was for me and the second digital Tamron to be owned - the other being the AF70-300mm (slightly more money than its smaller brother) - and which was also compared with a Macro 70mm 2.8 lens, about three times more in cost - again of another lens maker. The Tamron results really shone with the 70mm Macro fairly close behind (taken at five feet this was good) with the 17-70mm lens way behind. All shots were on autofocus using delayed action on a tripod. This is a good little lens - I do not know yet what closer or more distant photo's will be like but the fuchsias in my greenhouse came out better on the Tamron lenses - I'll update on this if possible.

The Lost Railways [DVD]
The Lost Railways [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Fairhead
Offered by Leisurezone
Price: 4.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Locomotive Nostalgia, 1 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Lost Railways [DVD] (DVD)
Although not an expert I am fascinated by the era of steam and this DVD was well worth buying from my point of view. I enjoyed seeing this in colour which was very good for the day. Worth having - will keep this one with my memories.

Will Hay Collection (Comic Icons) [DVD]
Will Hay Collection (Comic Icons) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Will Hay
Price: 12.25

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD's, 16 Jun 2010
Nearly gave this four stars as it is old and a bit corny at times, but hey! - or is it hay? Worth having though for its humour, archaic value and just to see some stars in their younger years (eg. John Laurie - to me he never changed and was always likeable and funny right up to 'Dad's Army'). I did not know Will Hay had other attributes as well as a remarkable sense of humour and acting skills - another reveiwer mentions these - many thanks! Glad I got the DVD now - I'm a schoolboy once more - the best days of your life.

Canon GP 501 - Glossy photo paper - A4 (210 x 297 mm) - 210 g/m - 100 sheet(s)
Canon GP 501 - Glossy photo paper - A4 (210 x 297 mm) - 210 g/m - 100 sheet(s)
Price: 16.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Glossy Printing Paper, 16 Jun 2010
A very adequate paper - good colour - light weight (an album or an A4 file will be much lighter for using it) and if you waste a sheet or two it will not be that bad. A box of a hundred seems to go on forever.

Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack
Sony NP-FM500H Rechargeable Battery Pack
Offered by Digi Flash
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony DSLRA Battery, 1 Feb 2010
These batteries, for the Sony Alpha DSLR range, tell you their charge whilst in use and they hold this very well in and out of the camera. Just in case I needed the camera to take continuous shooting or not wishing to have the charger on a short holiday (I dread leaving the charger connected, forgotten and a long way from home, left in someone elses 13amp socket!) I decided to get a another, a total of three altogether. They are not heavy weighing less than four AA re-chargeable or alkaline batteries. This one, from Amazon, was much cheaper and a genuine Sony. Another I puchased - a compatible type from another merchant - would not even allow me to close the battery compartment door which could have been disasterous. I was refunded the price but of course lost the postage. It takes about four hours for a full charge. Highly recommended.

The 11th Hour [DVD]
The 11th Hour [DVD]
Dvd ~ Leonardo diCaprio

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD Review, 3 Nov 2009
This review is from: The 11th Hour [DVD] (DVD)
Whenever expansion or growth is mentioned by the politicians I've always had doubts about their policies - if a garden is of a certain size only a limited amount of produce will be possible sustaining a set amount of consumers. We are a plague unto ourselves and this DVD endorses just that and what a complex situation this is. Most naturalists are aware of change as species disappear or move and humans see a decline in their health whilst the climate makes acute changes sometimes causing devastation beyond imagination. One thing leads to another as for example the greenhouse gas effect causing the ice cap to melt - leading to more of the Earth warming up - resulting in more ice melting with resultent higher sea levels and extensive loss of land. There are some very clever and intriguing answers to some of the many problems.
It is a quietly spoken lecture by many top experts with, of course, many impressive film shots. I nearly forgot to mention that Mikhail Gorbachev has a part in this amongst many other eminent experts including Stephen Hawking.
Leonardo diCaprio has put this together very efficiently - let's hope something materializes in the near future!

Eruption Of Mount St Helens [1980] [DVD]
Eruption Of Mount St Helens [1980] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Foxworth
Offered by Rapid-DVD
Price: 10.94

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD - Volcanoes, 12 Oct 2009
Short yet interesting. I remember the news media showing the locals being asked to leave when the eruption was forcast and a build up of suspense was created. I watched fearful for those locals stuborn enough not to evacuate and photographers were playing the waiting game for pictures of this historical occasion from a great distance. However there was no run up to the great moment in this film except for before and after shots. Much detail is shown and the film was a nominee for the 'Best Documentary Short Subject of 1980' with excellent aerial views particularly of other later eruptions as well as the side face blowing out with the centre of Mount St.Helens exiting in pyroplasma at phenomenal speed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5