Profile for Tallbird > Reviews

Content by Tallbird

Tallbird (Surrey, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Daffodil ULT300 Dual Powered USB Light - 28 Bulb Reading Lamp with Desk / Headboard Clamp and Flexible Gooseneck - Battery (4xAA Not Included) or USB Power - 3 Brightness Levels - PC and MAC Compatible
Offered by Daffodil UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Very useful light, not sure about it's durability!, 8 Dec 2014
I bought this to use with a USB battery pack as a nightlight in our bathroom. It clips nicely onto the shelf above the toilet, and on the 3 LED mode, it is easily bright enough to guide the kids to the bathroom, use the toilet and head back to bed without the need to put on the eye blindingly bright "proper" lights.

However, after about a month of use (maybe not even that) the cable has developed a bit of a wobble, and you have to arrange it "just so" to make sure the electricity flows and the light comes on. It's also stopped working properly on the 3 LED mode, and now we have to use it on 6 - which is fine, but if it carries on at this rate, it'll be completely broken by Christmas!

It is a great solution (for us) - just a shame it doesn't seem to be very robust.

Set of 12 Amber Flickering LED Candles, Flameless Tea Lights for Decoration, Festivals, Weddings with Batteries
Offered by SWEETY LIFE

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 8 Dec 2014
Amazing. The flickering is very realistic, and these little beauties won't blow out on a windy, autumn night - so they are perfect!!

Avex Addsion Water Bottle 24oz 1 Hand Water Bottle + Auto Spout Choose Colour (Orange)
Offered by Cambrian Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars I want to love it, but..........., 8 Dec 2014
I want to love this water bottle. It's orange (I love the colour), it's got the "no need to tip" thing that my previously beloved Camelbak drinking bottles have PLUS it's got a clever little cover thing that stops the mouth piece getting covered with cr*p when I take it out on my bike with me.

However, having had a couple of trips in a bike bottle cage the plastic is really badly scuffed (bad), and for some reason, the thing has started leaking really badly from the lid somewhere, so unless you keep it bolt upright, everything gets soaked!!

So, unfortunately, I will be taking my custom back to Camelbak.......

Avex Contigo Autoseal Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Travel/Mug/Flasks/Tumbler Twin Pack (Polar White/Matte Black)
Offered by Magar Solutions -Xmas Order Cut Off 21st

5.0 out of 5 stars A little leakproof lovely :), 8 Dec 2014
Totally leakproof - I throw one of these in my bag with some toasty tea in, and it stays toasty for about an hour, which is fine by me. Most importantly, despite not being careful about keeping it upright, it hasn't (so far) leaked. Not a drop.

I also like the drinking mechanism, and the fact that you can pop open the lid innards and stick that in the dishwasher.

A real winner for me.

TESCO HUDL 2 Tablet Case - Burnt Sienna Case / Cover / Skin with Built-In PropUp Stand (Dual Angle for Viewing & Typing Positions) - designed by G-HUB® exclusively for Tesco Hudl 8.3 inch Tablet (Tesco's second Tablet - Released in 2014) Case includes BONUS: G-HUB ProPen Stylus
Offered by OGADGETHUB

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in the colour - not like the pictures!, 8 Dec 2014
My case didn't arrive (not a great start) but having contacted the seller, one turned up a couple of days later (this was ~3 weeks from order date).

Unfortunately, it isn't anything like the case in the picture - I ordered the "zesty orange" case (although I see now that the description says "burnt sienna" - the option choice was definitely "zesty orange") and it is more like......well, it's not very zesty, or even all that orange to be honest!

Anyway, it's rubbish. So I've bought a very orange case from Tesco, which is lovely and complements my (orange) Hudl beautifully.

The photos show the difference between the case I bought here, and the Tesco one.....
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman series)
The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman series)

5.0 out of 5 stars very enjoyable, 30 Aug 2014
Not too taxing, a bit different - I really enjoyed it. True that it's a bit predictable and occasionally cheesey, but forgivabley so.

Timex Trend Unisex Digital Watch with LCD Dial Digital Display and Green Resin Strap T2N806PF
Offered by Watch Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Has not gone the distance, 25 April 2014
I had an Adidas green watch that I loved, but it fell apart and I couldn't get another - so I decided to try this Timex instead.

It's a great looking watch - to start with - but 3 months after buying it, the strap has started to discolour. I looks filthy (it's going black) but it's not out the outside, it's somehow in the plastic. Once I can find a replacement, it's gone.

Also, I've never really liked the buttons - too small, and too difficult to press. Overall - it's a fail.

Crud Crudcatcher/Raceguard Mud Guard - White
Crud Crudcatcher/Raceguard Mud Guard - White
Offered by Cobalt Innovations

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm less muddy than I was, 25 April 2014
Not perfect, but it's nice looking, light, easy to fit and it definitely reduces the amount of mud that gets sprayed up my back - so a success I think :)

Case Mate Tough Case for Apple iPhone 5 - Black
Case Mate Tough Case for Apple iPhone 5 - Black
Offered by Accessory-Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great & has saved my phone., 25 April 2014
I like these cases, but there just wasn't a colourway that I liked - so I ended up buying this one, and the purple / turquoise one. I now have a purple outer (black was just too dull) and black inner and I like that very much.

I have dropped my phone twice since having this case and it's still fine - difficult to say whether the case saved the phone, but I like to think it did.

Sistema Salad to Go Lunchbox
Sistema Salad to Go Lunchbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Great salad box, 25 April 2014
I use this a lot - salad in the bottom, cottage cheese in one of the top compartments, chicken or something in another. Everything stays fresh, crisp and separate until lunchtime - even having been carried in my rucksack on my cycle to work.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8