Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Midnight is a Place
Midnight is a Place

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful story., 7 Oct 2014
I remember reading this book when I was in school. Delighted to have it again, and looking forward to reading it with my boy when he's older.

EgyptQuest - The Lost Treasure of The Pyramids (Adventure Game Books Book 1)
EgyptQuest - The Lost Treasure of The Pyramids (Adventure Game Books Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars A let-down, 7 Oct 2014
Sadly disappointing. Not nearly as good as the excellent Grail Quest books.

Knee Howdy: Challenge Chinese Vocabulary to a Duel and Bury it 'Six Feet Under' inside your Brain!

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good read., 7 Oct 2014
A good book with some very interesting ideas. Sometimes the mnemonics were a little hard to follow, but I'm very happy to see this kind of book being published.

Teach Like a Champion: 49 Techniques that Put Students on the Path to College (K-12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money., 7 Oct 2014
An excellent book with many useful insights and strategies. A steep price, but I feel like I got value for money.

The Silver Mage
The Silver Mage

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 29 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Silver Mage (Kindle Edition)
A good enough conclusion - but unfortunately since all the major battles have been fought this book is a bit anticlimactic - just a matter of tidying up loose ends - or, in Rhodry's case, unweaving them. Still, I enjoyed it.

The Black Raven
The Black Raven

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 29 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Black Raven (Kindle Edition)
Funny, really - there's not all that much that happens in this book, but all together it makes a really enjoyable and satisfying read. Besides which, I think it has the best cover illustration of the whole series.

The Farthest Away Mountain (Lions)
The Farthest Away Mountain (Lions)

5.0 out of 5 stars A magical tale., 29 Sep 2014
One of my old favourites as a child. Delighted to revisit it through kindle. One day I look forward to reading it to my son.

Dragonspell: The Southern Sea (Deverry)
Dragonspell: The Southern Sea (Deverry)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 29 Sep 2014
Loved this book! A wonderful conclusion to the Deverry saga.

A Time of Justice: Days of Air and Darkness (Westlands)
A Time of Justice: Days of Air and Darkness (Westlands)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 29 Sep 2014
Loved this book! A well-written one even by Kerr's standards. Delighted to find it on kindle sale.

Childrens Parties - The Ultimate Guide for Parents: How to Throw the Best Kids€™ Party, or Planning a Fun Birthday Party

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent value, 14 Sep 2014
As a circus performer looking to get in to doing children's parties I was a bit disappointed in this book, but I certainly found some value in it nevertheless. I knew that a lot of it wouldn't apply to me - choosing the venue, cake and invitations isn't part of my job - but I was hoping for more. most of the book is mere common sense suggestions, and a list of things it assumes you already know how to do, rather than explaining them. having said that many of the tips were useful, and it was helpful to have them ordered and explained. in addition, some of the material I felt should have been included in the book was in the appendix. so, all in all, not a bad read for the price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3