Profile for Night Owl > Reviews

Content by Night Owl

Night Owl "Caroline" (Yorkshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Lente Designs® Amazon Kindle cover / case in black and blue polka dots
Lente Designs® Amazon Kindle cover / case in black and blue polka dots

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 28 July 2012
Just what was required a soft wipe clean padded cover for my new kindle. I have 2 small kids and a hard cover is an essential item for my travelling kindle (as I take it everywhere). The clasp is magnetic and the inner soft. Happy with the purchase.

Fifty Shades Freed: 3/3
Fifty Shades Freed: 3/3

4.0 out of 5 stars Different Romance, 28 July 2012
I enjoyed the trilogy and found this book the best one. I wasn't scrutinising the vocabulary or the grammar (as other's have pointed out is poor). It is a love story and if you can get past the full on lust etc. of the 1st book the last two have more story and the characters develop together. It's an escapism book from everyday life and that's it's popularity. A whirlwind romance with rich man and a pretty girl in the centre. It was nice to see a conclusion to the 3 books and I would normally read murder mystery, roman era books or factual ones . This for me was a change and a welcome one.

Paul Lamond Scooby Doo Scooby Snacks Card Game
Paul Lamond Scooby Doo Scooby Snacks Card Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Scooby Doo Fans, 18 Jun 2012
I bought this for my 6 year old who is mad for Scooby Doo and the gang characters. It is easy to play understand and my 4 year old daughter quickly caught on how to play it after a few games. We have much fun as a family of 4 playing this and have played it for over an hour at a time. Good value for money, fun to play and enjoyed by all ages who like Scooby Doo of course!

Switched: Book One in the Trylle Trilogy (Trylle Trilogy 1)
Switched: Book One in the Trylle Trilogy (Trylle Trilogy 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 6 April 2012
I agree with other reviews of this book. The main character Wendy has little depth other than being a selfish teenager with nothing really interesting to say. Much of the book is about her thoughts and feelings and it gets old very quickly. If I was a teenager maybe I would connect with the character, I am 43 I don't connect with character and it is a while since I was a teenager. I read this book to 200 pages then skimmed the book to get to the punchline, it wasn't worth it! It is a book without depth a 'fairy' type story which is best left for a teenager to read,it is certainly not a very interesting adult book. I have read Stephenie Meyer books all of the Twighlight series which are much better written. Don't read this book it is not worth paying for.

Doctor Who Cybernetics
Doctor Who Cybernetics
Offered by Simply 4 U

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy it!, 26 Feb 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Doctor Who Cybernetics (Toy)
Waste of money. My son did nothing but talk about this for months before Christmas, saving up money so he could buy it. He is 6 so we knew it would be beyond his skills to assemble. My husband helped him put it together after 15- 20 mins it went around the room at snails pace my son lost interest because is was so slow and he went to do something else. My husband played with it for a while decided it was a waste of money ,then it went back in it's box and my son has never asked for again. That was 3 months ago!! Absolute waste of money.

The Secret of Hades' Eden
The Secret of Hades' Eden

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it!, 26 Feb 2012
Good value for money at £0.77 for the kindle. Worth a try. Started slow, considered not reading it at 25%, introduced characters and took time to put them all together. Once the story started to piece together I found it an interesting believable plot. I have just read all the Ben Hope series by Scott Mariani which tend to be all go from the start and really don't stop. So maybe my expectations were clouded by reading 6 similar books. In the end I enjoyed this book, I liked the characters and the story was interesting. A book containing a secret agent, a student , a cult and a plan to rule the world, by eliminating everyone else, it's got to be worth a read!

Scooby Doo Collection - Vol. 1 [DVD]
Scooby Doo Collection - Vol. 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Scooby-Doo!

3.0 out of 5 stars Bearable, 26 Feb 2012
These are possibly the worst Scooby films and we have many. There are 3 Dvds Scooby's Greatest Mysteries with 4 episodes from Scooby Doo Where Are You Vol 1 & 2 (which we have),Scooby-Doo meets the Harlem Globetrotters & Scooby-Doo meets the Boo Brothers. Greatest mystery Dvd is the best of the 3, Globetrotters Dvd comes second and has all the gang in but the Boo brothers is poor and for me a long movie, Scrappy Doo appears in this one. But if you ask my 6 year old he likes them all and his favourite is the Boo Brothers!!

Scooby-Doo: Where's My Mummy? [DVD] [2006]
Scooby-Doo: Where's My Mummy? [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Scooby Doo

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the better movies, 26 Feb 2012
My 6 year old is a bit mad on Scooby Doo and we have many in our collection. This is one of the better ones, vibrant colours, got a good story (for Scooby Doo movies) not too scary and all the gang are in this one. From the 6 year olds perspective he loves it and so does his 4 year old sister. For me it's good value (better than his last obsession - Doctor Who Dvd's are much more expensive). I would recommend this Dvd for the Scooby doo fan and the bonus is all the gang are in it, as my son likes 'Fred'.Velma has a good role in this one.

My New Boy (Step into Reading)
My New Boy (Step into Reading)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story ,fun , great for starting to read, 15 Dec 2011
My son and daughter love this book (she is 3, he is 6 with special needs). The story from the outset is engaging, funny and caring. Written from the perspective of the dog it's a lovely twist to a happy story. My son's current reading age is 4 yrs 11 mths, he comfortably reads it all. They both continue to enjoy this story even though we have read it many, many times, which is the sign of a good children's book.

Silver (Ogmios Team Novels Book 1)
Silver (Ogmios Team Novels Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book different perspective, 1 July 2011
I loved this book can't wait for the next Ogmios adventure. It goes straight into the time of the betrayal by Judas Iscariot, it is interesting and attention grabbing from the start. There are a group of operatives investigating terrorist attacks, the story unfolds and becomes compelling. If you enjoyed Dan Brown you will enjoy this, it's a great piece of fiction built upon possibilities. The author at the end explains the books ideas, which is interesting. It's not a lot of money to buy, and a good read. I can't wait to read the next Ogmios book.

Page: 1 | 2