Profile for Alexa > Reviews

Content by Alexa

Alexa (East Sussex, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rimmel London Super Gel by Kate Moss Nail Polish Duo Pack, shade 12, Soul Session, Nude + Gel Top Coat

3.0 out of 5 stars Soul Session Review, 7 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this product in the nude shade Soul Session.

I've been wanting to try a no-lamp gel nail polish for a really long time. I'd heard mixed reviews about them but I really wanted a long lasting manicure that didn't requiring me having to go to the salon. I had heard that these Rimmel ones could take a long time to dry so I started application with a bit of hesitation. The polish itself is easy to apply - it has a lovely, flat, rounded brush so it's easy to get right up to the edge of your nail without flooding the cuticle. The colour itself was nice but the pigmentation wasn't the greatest as I needed a few thin layers before I was happy. Top Coat application was easy and with no bubbles.

However, then the waiting began... I found this took quite a long time to dry. Much longer than I would normally wait. Maybe it's because I added too many layers of colour? I don't know but it felt like it took forever. Once on the polish looked nice. It was shiny and opaque and was quite pretty. The polish lasted a few days without chipping which is okay, but by no means great. I can get 5 days of wear out of a normal OPI or Essie polish on a good week, and aren't these gel polishes meant to last longer than standard polish? I get this is a lot cheaper than a nice brand, but with something slightly more higher end you get a much greater variety of colours and longer lasting wear.

Overall, I thought this was okay, but that's it. Decent enough but too long to dry and not enough longevity once it's on.

Philips Sonicare for Kids HX6322/04 Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth app
Philips Sonicare for Kids HX6322/04 Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth app

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes brushing teeth fun, 7 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using a Philips Sonicare for a few years now and it's absolutely the best toothbrush I've ever had so I was so happy to see this version for kids. This one works just like the adult ones but with extra benefits that make it great for children. Before going into these details I should say that this toothbrush is brilliant and does such a good job of cleaning teeth.

Philips have made sure that this brush really appeals to kids. The outer case is colourful and interchangeable so the kids love it. It also has a mode where the children can get used to the toothbrush - a short 1 minute trial so they can get used to the feeling of the vibrations. However, I think the best kid feature is the app (available on iPhone and Android). This has been so well developed - it's designed to make brushing teeth fun and rewarding. There is a reward chart and it's all interactive so kids can get involved with it themselves. It really encourages the kids to brush their teeth properly.

Overall, I totally love this toothbrush and would highly recommend it.

L'Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Clay Masque Pre Shampoo Treatment 150ml
L'Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Clay Masque Pre Shampoo Treatment 150ml
Offered by Net Outlet Center UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but irrelevant, 15 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm really unsure about this product. I normally have to wash my hair every other day. By the evening of the second day my hair is normally quite heavy and flat. I was hoping that this would help my hair have a little longevity.

The product itself is a thick, blue, pleasant-smelling clay. It needs to be applied to the scalp while your hair is still dry. However, the instructions were a little vague. It doesn't actually say how much product you need. Do the roots of your hair need to be wet with product or is a light layer plenty? You then need to shampoo and condition as usual.

After using this my hair did feel nice and light but I'm not sure if it actually added and longevity to my hair. I still felt the need to wash it on the third day. So while my hair did feel clean it didn't seem to add any other special benefits. Because it needs 5 minutes to sit in your hair as well, I can't imagine this is something I'd use every day. Maybe it's best to use when your hair is super dirty? Also, I'm not sure how good it is for your hair to cleanse it so deeply - surely stripping all oil away from your head isn't good for it? That seems to go against everything I have ever been told about my hair.

This does seem like a nice treatment but I'm not really sure, even after using it, what the purpose of it is meant to be.

Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Cleanser 200 ml
Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Cleanser 200 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely product for sensitive skin, 15 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the first time I have tried a Murad product so I wasn't sure what to expect. It is also the first time I have tried such an expensive cleanser. The instructions are simple: apply to wet skin, massage in, pat face dry. The product has a lovely fresh, citrus scent that fades after it is washed off. You only need a small amount of product to do you whole face so I imagine this 200ml is going to go a really long way which is great, espeiclly considering the price.

This cleanser left my face feeling so soft and clean. I have quite sensitive, combination skin on my face but this didn't dry me out at all but still remove all oils from my skin.

Overall, this is a really lovely, high quality product.

FUTURO 46164EN Medium Stabilising Knee Support
FUTURO 46164EN Medium Stabilising Knee Support

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the cost, 13 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I picked up this knee support for my boyfriend - he is running a marathon soon and has been having a lot of knee problems. When he first put it on he said he felt 'weird, but very snug. It doesn't slip down the knee but stays nicely in place.

The Futuro offers great support. Since wearing this support my boyfriends knee problems while running have dropped to almost non existent. It supports the knee so well that no extra strain or pressure is added. To the tendons, ligaments and muscles in the area. It also 'hold' the knee in place . It's difficult to describe but feels like it stops the knee twisting.

Can't rate this highly enough. It's expensive, granted, but it is so worth it as it's much better than other supports we've tried.

L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Vernis A L'Huile 112 Blanc de Lune Nail Polish 5ml
L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Vernis A L'Huile 112 Blanc de Lune Nail Polish 5ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely white polish, 27 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really liked this nail polish. I've been looking for a nice, white polish for ages that isn't too expensive. I normally use OPI Alpine Snow but it's so expensive that if I'm using it regularly, or for nail art, it can get quite pricey so I was quite excited to try this one.

Firstly, I really loved the brush. It's flat and wide so makes nice even strokes across the nails. The polish itself is quite thick but still easy to use. It's not a one-coater but is opaque in two, which I actually prefer. It dries quite quickly and is fairly long lasting.

I'm really happy with this polish and I think this might become my new, cheaper, go to white.

L'Oreal Paris Color Riche 875 Kimono Empire Nail Polish 5ml
L'Oreal Paris Color Riche 875 Kimono Empire Nail Polish 5ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, but expensive for the size, 14 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really gorgeous purple nail polish with a lovely, subtle shimmer. The brush is wide and so easy to use and the nail polish applies super easily. It looks much nicer if applied over a base coat and goes so shiny with a top coat (so I'd definitely recommend doing both of these things). It's opaque in a couple of thin coats. The wear time isn't as great as some other brand but it should last a few days without chipping.

I would say that for the size of the bottle it is quite expensive. It's priced the same as the larger bottles but is less than half the size! Per 100ml you're paying more than you would for a salon quality polish like Essie, OPI or Nails Inc - and as nice as this polish is it just isn't up to that standard.

Pretty and easy to use but expensive for what you get.

Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara, Blackest Black
Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara, Blackest Black

2.0 out of 5 stars The wand is far too small!, 14 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really wanted to like this mascara – I normally use the longer mascara brushes which I love, but find that it’s difficult to get a lot of precision with them. So when I saw this I thought “it’s perfect!”. However, I found the wand so hard to use. In my option it’s far too small. I have quite long lashes and just felt like it took so long to coat all of my eyelashes once, let along trying to get a good few coats on for length and thickness.

It is useful for some things – you can get super close to your lashline by using the end of the brush and it’s great for separating and getting right into the corners. But I would say that this is more of a ‘finishing’ mascara brush, maybe good to use after applying a clumpy mascara to get a nice finished look.

OPI Venice Collection Nail Polish, Gelato On My Mind 15 ml
OPI Venice Collection Nail Polish, Gelato On My Mind 15 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love, 12 Jan. 2016
Gelato On My Mind is one of the nicest shades OPI has released in the last few years. It's a gorgeous duck egg blue, quite similar to Tiffany blue but brighter. It's also very similar to Essie Polish Blossom Dandy Nail Polish so if you have that you probably don't need this. It applies so easily, is opaque in 2 coats and dries with a lovely gloss. It's also really long lasting and can easily last 5 days with no chips.

Perfect shade for spring and summer!

Essie Polish Blossom Dandy Nail Polish
Essie Polish Blossom Dandy Nail Polish
Offered by @Mr Cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't rave about this colour enough!, 12 Jan. 2016
I can't describe how much I love this nail polish! Blossom Dandy is the most gorgeous duck egg blue. It applies so easily, which is rare for this kind of colour. Two coats and it's totally opaque. It's self leveling which leaves a lovely glossy finish. And, as with all Essie polishes, it lasts for ages once it's on the nail - I've had this colour on for an entire week without a single chip which is like some kind of nail polish miracle!

Can't rave about this colour enough!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20