Profile for Ms. L. Dennis > Reviews

Content by Ms. L. Dennis

Ms. L. Dennis "allfunktup" (UK)

August EP650 - Bluetooth Wireless Stereo NFC Headphones with aptX - Over Ear Cordless Headphones with 3.5mm Wired Audio In, Rechargeable Battery, NFC Tap To Connect and built-in Microphone - Compatible with Mobile Phones, iPhone, iPad, Laptops, Tablets, Smartphones etc. - Red
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones for the money, 26 May 2014
These are not the cheapest headphones on the market, they were the best I could afford with a little luxury thrown in. They are very comfy and the sound quality is excellent. The micro USB charge cable allows you to listen to music on your PC/laptop while charging the headphones which was a pleasant surprise!

TP-Link TD-8817 ADSL2+ Ethernet/USB Modem Router for Phone Line Connections
TP-Link TD-8817 ADSL2+ Ethernet/USB Modem Router for Phone Line Connections

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job., 6 Aug 2013
Being an idiot, I bought a modem-less router to replace a failing adsl modem router. One I got it home and threw the packaging off I realised that I would need to get an adsl modem but didn't want to spend a fortune. This was worked great with my Netgear router and I am very pleased with my purchase.

Starting Strength
Starting Strength

5.0 out of 5 stars So far a brilliant reference guide to injury free barbell training, 13 July 2013
This review is from: Starting Strength (Kindle Edition)
This year I decided to up my weight training game. I did a cross fit introduction course with a view to joining but decided against it and decided to include barbell training as the course of my current routine. A fitness instructor recommended this book to me as 'everything I would need to know', and he was right. It is very detailed as Ripptoe's knowledge of bio-mechanics is exceptional. The technical stuff explains by why his instructions are what they are which is something missed out by a lot of training books. However, it is stuff that is worth knowing if you want to get the best of your training without doing anything that could hurt you and stop you training for weeks. My squats are much better and the movement makes 'sense'.

Serial Uncut
Serial Uncut

5.0 out of 5 stars Edge of Seat Stuff, 17 Aug 2011
This review is from: Serial Uncut (Kindle Edition)
I was surprised that in the Kilbourn/Crouch Q&A at the back of the book the mentioned negative reviews to the Cut version of Serial. What did people think it would be about - Corn Flakes? I personal read this after reading Afraid, the Trapped by Kilborn and was blown away by them both. I was also relieved. Why relieved? I just think that so much of adult life these days is 'kid friendly' whether you have children or not. Adults alone aren't longer money-makers anymore. I'm over 21 and pay my taxes, so since I love horror it's really nice to see someone really go for it and write something that's unsensored, exciting, and gory. Most horror novels are written with 'how to this will play for the 15 or under market in a film' in mind. That doesn't work for me any more.

Serial is such a good read and both writers mix horror and humour with good results. If you've read either of these authors individual works, it's definately worth reading Serial just to watch some familiar characters interact with each other. I now feel propelled to read Crouch's work just to find out more about several characters in the book and trace their individual progression in to twisted monsters.

Fitflop Electra Sequinned Sandals, Size- 5 UK, Color- BRONZE
Fitflop Electra Sequinned Sandals, Size- 5 UK, Color- BRONZE

5.0 out of 5 stars Veru comfortable, 14 Mar 2010
I bought a pair of FitFlop Jellies last year and loved them. I am a regular gym user so I can't say I feel any extra toning and firming effects from using these but they are really comfortable. I often get home and find that I have forgotten to take them off! The Electra Fitflops are good to look at and most people can get away with wearing these at work in the summer. I bought these for my mother who loves how comfortable they are as well as the glam look. I think if you haven't exercised for a while you may feel the toning and exercise effects. If you exercise regularly, it's worth getting a pair for the comfort alone. There are a lot of great claims made for fitness shoes these days, but just having a pair of shoes that keep your feet looking good after walking for long periods of time is good enough without all the other hype. Buy them.

Mr Darcy, Vampyre
Mr Darcy, Vampyre
by Amanda Grange

1.0 out of 5 stars I blame myself, 15 Feb 2010
This review is from: Mr Darcy, Vampyre (Paperback)
I really, really blame myself. I have seen these books around - classic novels reinvented by a contemporary writer into a horror sequel. As a horror fan, I was hoping for something a little more fun and bloody. After all, I read a lot of Carlton Mellick III. As many of you can imagine, I was bitterly disappointed. Amanda Grange's knowledge of Pride and Prejudice is incredible and she seamlessly blends this sequel to it will immense skill. However, a horror novelist she is not. In fact, when the 'horror' is condensed into the last 10-20 pages (I'd really love to spoil the ending as for many of you, it would save a lot of time you will never get back if you read the whole thing, but I wont) horror it ain't! It's essentially the continuation of the original love story that plays elegant lip service to the undead. Obviously, upon completing the book I was very close to throwing the book on the tracks of the London Undergoround and screaming at the top of my lungs. As I said, I blame myself. There is obviously a huge market for this tripe, so this review is aimed at those of you who are looking for a fun horror romp and are unfamiliar with the growing market targeting those who fell in love with Colin Firth in the BBC costume drama and wont let this hell die it's natural death. Everyone else will be very disappointed. Apologies to Ms Grange who is very good at this sort of thing. I just was totally out of my comfort zone with this book and can never get the time back.

Hama "aha" Netbook Cover,8.9 - 10.2 Inch,pink
Hama "aha" Netbook Cover,8.9 - 10.2 Inch,pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 3 April 2009
I bought this as a gift for a friend and she loves it. It's very well made and protective yet girlie enough for pink obsessed, uber-feminine women like my friend. Good price and super fast delivery from seller.

Acer Aspire One A150 Netbook, Windows XP Home, 8.9-inch Crystalbrite TFT LCD, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, Intel Atom Processor N270 1.60 Ghz (Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 3 April 2009
It's a great little machine. I haven't allowed a pc in my home for 3 years so the windows software does never appears to shut up. The machine itself is lovely, connected to internet without problems, downloaded open office quite quickly. The delivery took a while but i'd like to think it was because the machines were flying of the shelves and the supplier ran out rather than any problems with the suppliers themselves! For what I need it for - basically a lipstick PC - this machine is brilliant. There are are others with more bits and bobs but only people with an intense knowledge of PC will really care about the differences.

The Art of Office War
The Art of Office War
by Simon Drake

5.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculously Accurate, 30 Oct 2006
This review is from: The Art of Office War (Paperback)
I'm sat here at work reading this book in the post Christmas holiday lull and I can't stop laughing. I read the book when it first came out but the more you read, and the longer you work in offices, it the funnier it gets! Drake has some classic quotes on Permanent Staff vs. Temps like"...temporary staff are paid by the hour to do the work the permanents have learnt to tactfully and lazily avoid", and on dealing with the office drones "The meek may inherit the earth ... but until then use them as a buffer, a cushion and a net". This book will confirm your worst and most paranoid thoughts about your office. If you have no paranoid thoughts, and don't work in an office, it will give you an opportunity to laugh at those of us who do. Either way it's reassuringly funny and well worth a read. Only the very brave/disillusoned will use this as a manual for success, and it would be hilarious watching them climb the corporate ladder on the back of it!