Profile for AP > Reviews

Melies The Magician [1997] [DVD] [NTSC]
Melies The Magician [1997] [DVD] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Georges Méliès

5.0 out of 5 stars Time to get into the detail, 14 Oct. 2013
The DVD is very nicely done; enough detail and entertainment in equal measure. The documentary was informative as to technique and context, and to see good quality reproductions of the films themselves (and, where painted, in original colour) is a delight that will inspire for many more years to come.

BAAS® Nokia Lumia 520 Black PU Leather Folio Case Wallet Pouch Flip Cover with Card Holder , Screen Protector Film & Stylus Pen
Offered by BAAS Accessories

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a perfect fit, 9 Aug. 2013
Not the best bit of kit I've ever purchased (weak build quality (faux leather not sewn or glued properly, product doesn't fit quite right and therefore phone is not adequately securely housed, and logic seems to have been ignored when building the product because there's plenty of room for the phone to slide up and down, often out of the wallet). Placing of the button on the phone isn't very smart either, so using it while in the case is not the easiest, especially if you've got useless sausage fingers like me. Cheap enough though, so can't complain I suppose...

Why Bother?: Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling in Conversation with Chris Morris (BBC Radio Collection)
by Peter Cook
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars Understandable mixed reviews, 10 Jun. 2013
If you have an interest in either of these chaps, you're going to be fascinated in their collaboration. I didn't really get much out of either party, but found the overall effect to be startling. I would disagree with reviews that one charactor dominates the other, as the balance, I thought, was respectful and as you'd expect; a dodgy young interviewer interviewing a mumbling old baffoon.

Do Not Adjust Your Set [DVD]
Do Not Adjust Your Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eric Idle
Offered by blockies

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor man's 1948 Show, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Do Not Adjust Your Set [DVD] (DVD)
Helps visualise the pre-Python days, but it wasn't as well structured, guided or written as 1948 Show (which I recommend). Were some very funny sketches, but quality wains, and doesn't hold together as a 'body of work'. I know I'm over-analysing entertainment, but I find entertainment in analysis. NB I thought Denise Coffey was cracking.

The Complete Beyond The Fringe
The Complete Beyond The Fringe
Offered by Side Two

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic but not for me, 10 Jun. 2013
I almost feel out of the loop with some of this, as though I wasn't invited. Word for word this work is extremely good, and the performances appear to me strong, but I'm not sure that I'll be getting much more out of it from here on. Perhaps if I were around at the time, I'd appreciate its place in history better and utilise it more, but the set didn't seem to me to be much of an advancement from ITMA, say. Character focus and devious word play never fail, though. Sorry for the irrelevant review.

Roman Polanski Box Set [DVD]
Roman Polanski Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Donald Pleasence

4.0 out of 5 stars The oldies are the besties, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Roman Polanski Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
Three incredible films here to sink ones analytical teeth into. Actually, an excellent balance between entertainment and the technical. Was especially bowled over by Repulsion; must've been the mark for so many phsychological dramas. Also, 8 shorts, all well worth a look. I've seen many Polanski films in my time, and the quality is always high, but these particularly have feature-length integrity. Magic.

Classic Connections
Classic Connections
Offered by EliteDigital UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Wanted a bit more from this, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Classic Connections (Audio CD)
Indeed, some classic connections, but not quite as naff as I'd hoped. This is my first Nero, and I thought I'd be getting a more cheesy production than is actually presented. If you like Chick Corea and other great twiddly pianists, are interested in notation, or just want a genteel listen, then perhaps worth it, but it doesn't have the definitive archaic sound I was looking for.

NKJV Bible on Audio CD
NKJV Bible on Audio CD
by Stephen Johnstone
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars No probs, 15 April 2013
This review is from: NKJV Bible on Audio CD (Audio CD)
Several have said that the quality of cd is not good, but I received a 100% successful transaction. Discs all work, and for 54 (or however many) of them that's excellent. Clearly read, albeit with an American accent, and, as far as my knowledge on the range of component books goes, everything is present. Presented in a nice carrying wallet so you can listen in the car, or with Flander's kids down the park.

Auna AV2-CD508 Hifi Amplifier (Brushed Stainless Steel, 600W Max & EQ) - Black
Auna AV2-CD508 Hifi Amplifier (Brushed Stainless Steel, 600W Max & EQ) - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice cheap amp., 15 April 2013
Simply a bargain for mid quality amp. No nonsense functionality and drive appropriate to its size and cost. Had to change the plug on arrival from euro to GB, but hey, the Amazon service has got me lazy and complacent enough!

Do You Like My Tight Sweater?
Do You Like My Tight Sweater?
Offered by Qoolist

4.0 out of 5 stars Boodiful, 11 Jan. 2013
Not Moloko's best, but still great quality. Some quite inventive technology without being pure electronica. Overall a good long album worthy of many a listen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4