Profile for John > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
DISNEY PRINCESS CAR SUNSHADE SIDE WINDOW SUN SHADE
DISNEY PRINCESS CAR SUNSHADE SIDE WINDOW SUN SHADE

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but not very dark, 8 Sept. 2011
This is pretty so if you just want pretty pictures for your child to look at fine. However my kids found the light coming through anyway and have now removed them as did not see an advantage in keeping them on the windows. Now they just enjoy looking out the window until the sun gets in their eyes again!

TomTom ONE IQ Routes Edition Satellite Navigation Unit UK & ROI
TomTom ONE IQ Routes Edition Satellite Navigation Unit UK & ROI
Offered by All We Ever Look For

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sat nav- easy to follow and good volume control, 11 Jan. 2010
I would recommend this sat nav to anyone who often gets lost (like me) using written instructions. I have only used it a few times to go about 15 miles do different places but I think it's wonderful. It's my first sat nav so I can't really compare it with others. I am impressed by the choice of voices and the loudness of it (I read where some others are too quiet). It gives a warning sound when overspeeding. It also warns of safety cameras (although seems to warn me sometimes when there isn't one- also missed one, perhaps the locations have not been updated recently). I have not tried the lane guidance system out as I like to keep my eyes on the road! It looks a little complicated when approaching roundabouts. Perhaps will get used to this with time. However it shows clearly which exit to take from the roundabout (only been wrong once when it told me fourth exit on a small roundabout which took me back to the kfc which I had just left!). However saying that the free downloadable updates worked a treat and I had no problems downloading them so not sure why other users had a problem in the other reviews. All free after I bought it. Also downloaded places of interest so I could have all the kfcs in the country (although missed a newly opened one which I added to my favourites). Went to unventured places with this and it has directed me well. Sometimes says turn right or turn left when it should be bear right or bear left but only on sharp turnings. Perhaps it is to do with the maps. However has only done this once on a particularly sharp bend do something to be wary of. Have not tried the free trial yet of the safety camera updates. Perhaps that would solve my problem with the safety cameras mentioned above. Beeps when approaching safety cameras but could do with more warning. Overall I would say it is a good sat nav- choose fastest route for long journeys as the shortest route or avoid motorways may add hours to journey. However it lets you check alternative routes and like the fact that you can avoid motorways if you want. I believe this is not possible with all sat navs. Perhaps the lane guidance system works better on motorways as one other reviewer has indicated for the tom tom one iq europe edition.

Glogg Classic 750ml Stainless Steel Water Bottle - Sports Top
Glogg Classic 750ml Stainless Steel Water Bottle - Sports Top
Offered by Glogg

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice stainless steel bottle, 24 Aug. 2009
A nice glogg stainless steel water bottle to prevent leaching of potentially harmful chemicals (according to some websites) from the walls of some plastic bottles. I was slightly disappointed by the plastic spout and lid (on the glogg sports bottle) with no recognition of what type of plastic this is. Also think the bottle is a bit costly. However I believe this bottle is far better than drinking out of types 1, 3, 6 or 7 plastic or aluminium bottles. Perhaps types 2, 4 and 5 plastics bottles could be a cheaper alternative and I believe that the price of this bottle could be more competitive. However for taste I believe the water tastes better from the stainless steel, apart from being possibly safer to drink.

The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III
The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II & III
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent box set of cds, 10 Aug. 2009
If you are a lover of Queen this is a definite buy. It has all the greatest hits I can remember from my youth (I am 40) such as Crazy Little Thing Called Love, We Will Rock You, Bicycle Race, Bohemian Rhapsody, Don't Stop Me Now, Killer Queen, You're My Best Friend, Somebody To Love and more! The third cd in the set of 3 is more like a tribute to Freddie than his greatest hits but is still worth a listen with songs like The Show Must Go On, Under Pressure and Living on my Own. The set of 3 cds is well worth a buy and will make you wish that Freddie was still alive if you are a Queen fan. I believe Queen Greatest Hits II was released less than a month before Freddie's death and Greatest Hits III was released in 1999 after his death. Therefore this box set of 3 is an awesome tribute to one of the best rock singers (if not the best).

Sing God's Glory: Hymns for Sundays and Holy Days, Years A, B and C
Sing God's Glory: Hymns for Sundays and Holy Days, Years A, B and C
by Alan Luff

3.0 out of 5 stars A good book for selecting hymns, 9 Mar. 2009
This is a good book for selecting hymns to use that go with particular readings, arranged according to the church lectionary. Only thing I have against it as I think there could have been more hymns chosen from mission praise. We use mission praise and there aren't many hymns chosen from there.

Samsung DVD-V6800/XEU - VCR/DVD Player Combi
Samsung DVD-V6800/XEU - VCR/DVD Player Combi

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dvd vcr combi, 9 Mar. 2009
I think this is a great dvd vcr combi. Plays dvds well. Good clarity. Can fast forward or fast rewind through dvds. Records to video tape. Good playback of videos, with clear picture. I don't beloeve it records to dvds as some sellers suggest but have not tried it! Think it only records to video tape but that's fine by me! I would recommend this to anyone.

Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 12" Minnie soft toy
Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 12" Minnie soft toy
Offered by RMIT

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent soft toy, 17 Nov. 2007
For children who like the disney characters this is an excellent soft toy, mine was actually slightly bigger than 12" so I suspect 12" is an underestimate, actually about 15"

Boogeyman [DVD]
Boogeyman [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barry Watson
Offered by I-Deal Media

2.0 out of 5 stars A big disappointment, 21 April 2007
This review is from: Boogeyman [DVD] (DVD)
I fell asleep part way through this film and its so monotonous in storyline that I wasn't sure which part I had seen before falling asleep. Anyway I watched some of it again in case I had missed an expected horror part. I kept waiting for the scary part until it ended! Not scary it all and yet it says on the cover it will make me jump out of my skin! Not true! Good job this was only a loan! Don't waste your time trying to understand this film its not worth it!

Conflict: Global Storm (PS2)
Conflict: Global Storm (PS2)
Offered by total-gamer

3.0 out of 5 stars Addictive and enjoyable but some parts difficult!!, 17 Feb. 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I like this game but am starting to get a bit frustrated that some parts are very near impossible!! Also annoying is that there are limited saves per level so sometimes you think you are near the end of the level, use your last save and then find out you have ages to go!! I think I am on the fourth level but not sure as I have been playing for a long time. However a bit frustrated as still only have four men and have to escort a truck and in the meantime shoot lots of enemies and blow up 3 or more tanks!! Why is it so unbalanced? There should not be so many baddies at once!! Give us a chance. I have no problem calling another man but sometimes he gets killed healing me. I only give this 3 overall as although its enjoyable its too difficult in places. The RPG does not always seem to blow up tanks and planting a c4 on a tank is not easy to do without it blowing you up!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2013 8:10 PM BST

FIFA Football 2005 (Psone)
FIFA Football 2005 (Psone)

3.0 out of 5 stars Better graphics on a pc!, 10 Dec. 2006
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Why pay £[...] for this when a pc will give you better graphics! Also on a pc you can get newer fifa 2006/2007. I have fifa 2005 for the pc with 2 pad controllers. Its good. However ps one fifa 99 and fifa 2002 seem just as good as this version. I might buy this game if it was about £[...], not £[...]!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3