Profile for Boove > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Zingzillas Go Glow Light
Zingzillas Go Glow Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Great nightlight for Zingzilla fan, 6 Jun. 2013
My 4 year old had seen a similar nightlight at a freind's house and really liked it. I had been looking for something like it for a few months. I wasn't expecting much as I had seen reviews of similar lights (but not this one) which weren't too complimentary. This one has been great so far - exactly what I would have wanted for what it is. The base plugs into the wall. The torch / nightlight part sits on top. Leave it on the stand, it's a nightlight, take it off and it's a torch. It comes with 3 'slides' - one showing Zach and Tang, one showing Pansy and Drum, and then the other one has a star on it. They slot over the end of the torch and can be projected onto a dark wall. My son likes all functions - nightlight, projector and torch. He's had it a month now and used it every night. It arrived very promptly and was reasonably priced. All in all, very good.

The Foot Book: Blue Back Book (Dr Seuss - Blue Back Book) (Dr. Seuss Blue Back Books)
by Dr. Seuss

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny feet, 27 Sept. 2010
Lovely rhythmic text in tyical Dr Seuss style. My son (about 14 months when purchased) loves it. I can't turn the pages fast enough for him and when we've finished, he wants it again!

Interstar Rings 24 Pieces
Interstar Rings 24 Pieces
Offered by World of Toys Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Interstar fun, 27 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Interstar Rings 24 Pieces (Toy)
My son (I think, 14 months at the time of purchasing) plays with these at nursery and seemed to like them. I had thought they were made of rubber, but they are hard plastic. He's too young to build much with them, but enjoys the bright colours and how tactile they are. We keep them in a tub and his favourite activity is emptying them out of the tub and then putting them back. He also enjoys posting them into gaps/holes! I like them as a toy because they are simple, have multiple uses and should grow with him. They were also very reasonably priced.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2012 8:45 PM BST

Bedtime for Baby
Bedtime for Baby
by Helen Stephens

4.0 out of 5 stars Bedtime for baby, 27 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Bedtime for Baby (Hardcover)
Book with simple images and large flaps that are easy for small fingers to lift. I bought this for my son when he was a few months old, but at that point although he liked similar books, he didn't like this one for some reason. However, he has suddenly re-discovered it in the last few months and really likes it now (he's 15 months). A very simple story, e.g.: where's baby's teddy? - lift flap - there it is! - with items that baby needs before going to sleep. Nothing funny or earth-shattering, but a nice book all the same.

Viking Toys - Mini Chubbies 7 Pieces Clear Box
Viking Toys - Mini Chubbies 7 Pieces Clear Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Wheels on fire, 27 Sept. 2010
Really nice, chunky, soft rubbery set for younger toddler/baby. My 15-month old enjoys playing with them. Contains plane, helicopter, pick-up, digger with bucket that can be raised and lowered and 3 other cars, all slightly different.

Edushape My Soft World Foam Blocks - City
Edushape My Soft World Foam Blocks - City

4.0 out of 5 stars Foam City, 27 Sept. 2010
Enjoyable toy for 14-month old with a habit of throwing things (the foam is ideal to avoid damage!). He pushes the vehicles (fire engine, pick-up, taxi) around as if they were toy cars with wheels and likes to 'post' all the other pieces, especially the people (family of 4), into any available hole/gap! The carry case itself is probably as popular as the toy. He enjoys taking the pieces out and putting them back in again. It's a shame that the carry case is a little flimsy - ours got damaged in the post - but for the very low price, we can live with that. The images are just painted on one side - might be nicer if there were also the backs of the people or the other side of the cars since they are meant to be played with upright rather than flat. But overall for the very reasonable price paid (this particular set was greatly reduced in price) a nice set, which will last, and my son has plenty of use out of it.

Hippos Go Berserk!
Hippos Go Berserk!
by Sandra Boynton
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby doesn't go beserk, but Mum loves it!, 4 July 2010
This review is from: Hippos Go Berserk! (Board book)
I think this book is great! But despite the fact that my 13-month old really loves pretty much all his books, which include a number by Sandra Boynton that are particular favourites, for some reason this one doesn't yet keep his attention. After a few pages, he's looking at other books on his shelf and trying to get them down. I can't really work out why except that the book is longer than some of his others. The images are simple and clear; the text is simple with short, rhyming sentences, not too much on each page; and it's a boardbook, so it's easy to turn the pages - all the ingredients that my son usually enjoys. I'm not sure what his issue with it is, but I'd still recommend it!

Lift-the-flap Nursery Book
Lift-the-flap Nursery Book
by Rod Campbell

4.0 out of 5 stars Lift the Flap Nursery book, 4 July 2010
My 13-month has enjoyed looking at this book although I think he might like it better when he's a bit older. He has a specific time limit on how long he wants to stay on one page before the urge to turn over takes over, and some of the pages in this book go beyond his limit. That said, it's a nice book, with some good lift-the-flap action.

Fun Time Pop-Up Farm Friends
Fun Time Pop-Up Farm Friends
Offered by premier-stock88

5.0 out of 5 stars Pop-up fun, 4 July 2010
This review is from: Fun Time Pop-Up Farm Friends (Toy)
Nice simple toy involving actions that babies enjoy. My son is 13 months old and he enjoys playing with it. He can't yet activate all the handles, but he likes making us do the ones he can't. Good for colours, numbers, animals, animal noises, peekaboo and fine motor control for manipulating the handles. No batteries, no annoying electronic music. Good stuff.

Curly's Friends (Touchy-feely Farmyard Tales)
Curly's Friends (Touchy-feely Farmyard Tales)
by Phil Roxbee Cox
Edition: Board book

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 22 May 2010
I returned this book. It's supposed to encourage children to guess what animal is hidden in the pictures, but what you can see doesn't give you any idea what the animal will be. You can't guess. The illustrations are not great. The touchy-feely part is also poor quality in comparison to other Usborne books like the That's not my... series. Didn't live up to my expectations at all.

Page: 1 | 2