Profile for Clarabell > Reviews

Content by Clarabell

Clarabell

Urban Safari London Unisex Handmade Real Leather Satchel Laptop Bag 16" Tan Brown Oxford Satchel
Offered by Urban Safari London Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars well loved gift, 18 Sep 2013
Got this for my husband to stop me having to carry everything for him when we're out together!

It's beautifully crafted, with lots of compartments for the new miriad of things he carries about. It fits a 13" macbook air inside a neoprene sleeve, would fit larger laptop without sleeve I think, and has space for papers/camera/phones etc too.

This hasn't been available on amazon for a while, but is still in stock directly through Urban Safari. They were really helpful, it's obviously a popular line (I think because it's got a zip as well as satchel straps, to help keep out the pesky Brittish weather!) and took a few days to come through as they were waiting for delivery of more, but were really upfront about what was happening and when to expect item, which still arrived much earlier than I had anticipated.

Only reason it's 4 stars not 5 is that the shoulder strap is only just long enough for my husband. He's a very skinny 6'2", and the bag sits slightly too high on him when slung across his body, on the longest buckle. I think this bag would be perfect for gentlemen up to 6foot, but any taller and it's a bit tricky to get on any off when full.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2014 4:17 PM BST

Dualit 90200 DAB Lite Radio Chrome
Dualit 90200 DAB Lite Radio Chrome

4.0 out of 5 stars Design Classic, 18 Feb 2013
I love the design and simplicity of this radio - also helps that it looks good next to the matching toaster and kettle!

Hubby and I spent a long time choosing a digital radio for ourselves and plumped for this one as it has a rechargeable battery - so can easily be moved from room to room, yet also comes with a mains charger (several competitors models have seperately available packs!) So, although it was a little more to start with, it actually turned out a better deal overall.

We have had a problem with the ariel snapping off - this happened initially within 9months of purchase (however we ended up with an ex-display model, which I think had been over-played with as a result), sent off and repaired by dualit no problem and free of charge. Happened again after 3 years - now out of warranty, but dualit stock and supply spare parts, which they sent to us for just the cost of postage! Great service and gave Hubby a chance to show off some DIY skills - a bit fiddly but the instructions sent from dualit were easy to follow.

The radio is a lovely simple shape and easy to use, and the service from dualit is second to none. So we've since purchased this radio for a variety of friends and family - my octogenarian grandparents love it as much as my wee brother and it's become our staple wedding present for good friends. I would definitely recommend this product. 4 stars only because we've snapped the ariel off twice - but I have since purchased this for at least 6 other people, none of whom have had any problems at all.

Rediscovered Treasures: A New Life for Old Objects
Rediscovered Treasures: A New Life for Old Objects
by Ellen Dyrop

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!, 18 Feb 2013
I was given this as a present and proceeded to spend most of my birthday frantically devouring each page - could not put it down, I wanted to make ALL THE THINGS STRAIGHT AWAY.

This book is full of lots of different ideas, nothing I'd seen in similar products I have, and it's also made me start looking at bits-n-bobs I had lying about in a different way, coming up with other ideas to upcycle them too. It also has given me a great excuse to buy more beautiful if impractical items from car boot sales - 'cos now I can turn them into something much more useful and make a fabulous gift at the same time!

It's well worded, with simple instructions and great pictures. Good for starters or those with a bit more experience who (like me) have run out of inspiration and want some new ideas or challenges!