Profile for Roger Treat > Reviews

Content by Roger Treat

Roger Treat (Oxford, England)

Page: 1 | 2
From Ordinary to Extraordinary: How I Transformed My Business in 12 Months and How You Can Too!
by Stefan Boyle

5.0 out of 5 stars Do no marketing and business dies. Do marketing wrongly and it dies too, 21 Aug 2011
I am guilty of spending so much time IN my small business that I don't spend enough time ON my business. Never before was this so clear to me than after reading From Ordinary to Extraordinary. I was in no way maximising our advertising. I would do sort of branding ads once in a while in the dailies and just be tossing my money in the air in hopes that it hit something and brought in a customer. Thanks to Stefan Boyle I have already started making every marketing expense mean something by using more direct methods and getting better feedback on where my advert revenues are going and what they are bringing in. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2012 1:01 PM BST

Maverick Marketing
Maverick Marketing
by Andrew Ludlam

5.0 out of 5 stars Marketing Answers that are not Shots in the Dark, 18 Aug 2011
This review is from: Maverick Marketing (Paperback)
In today's economy, we need to make our advert money work hard. Andrew Ludlam (the author) has created a genius marketing book here with Maverick Marketing. We are a small firm and we found that the advice here works amazingly well for us even though I suspect it would work just as well - or perhaps better - for a much larger firm. The biggest thing we learned is to TEST our campaigns only it goes further than that. Meaning, you somehow MUST make every advertisement count and somehow make it a "direct" ad so that you know exactly how much business it brings in. One example comes to mind of a coupon. You know how effective an ad with a coupon is by how many coupons you get from buyers. Where "branding" kinds of adverts simple give you no feedback.

The whole concept we got from Maverick Marketing was to maximise everything we spend to get the most bang for our investment. And as Ludlam shows so clearly, you will see that marketing IS an investment that you can get a return on AND measure that return. If you do this correctly, you will know which advertising methods are good for you and which are not instead of just trying things hoping something will work.

Single Shot
Single Shot

5.0 out of 5 stars Proves that Christian Romance Stories Can be Wonderful!, 11 Aug 2011
This review is from: Single Shot (Kindle Edition)
Single Shot is quite a story! This book is a great example of how Christian fiction should be penned because it's funny, sad, all the things that go into an enjoyable novel and yet it's teachings are clear. Plus, it's most interesting to note that non-Christians often face the same struggles that Christians do, especially when it comes to dealing with people and close relationships. The difference will be in how differently each group reacts and there is where true character is found or lost. Single Shot is easy to read and well-written. Highly recommended!

Beginners Guide To Stock Market Investing
Beginners Guide To Stock Market Investing

5.0 out of 5 stars Wealth of Information on Investing, 15 July 2011
I was really impressed with the information in this book since it was so low cost. There is some real value in it that helped me greatly.

Having little experience in investing this book helped me understand the different stock index's I always hear about on the news. It's nice just to understand what these indexes represent.

The different types of stocks based on market capitalisation and sectors was a very interesting and helped me understand how to select specific stocks.

There is also a section on how to read a stocks data sheet and than analyze those details to select stocks that fit your specific criteria. My favorite information is how to and where to select discount stock brokers that charge hardly anything for my trades.

There is some very useful information in this ebook and I recommend that anyone who is looking to start investing check this book out.

The Men on the Sixth Floor
The Men on the Sixth Floor

4.0 out of 5 stars The Oswald Evidence is Compelling, 22 Jun 2011
So many JFK assassination books claim that Oswald was not active in the planning (the conspiracy theories) but was little more than an innocent pawn. I've never understood that view and it is vastly claimed. The Men on the Sixth Floor certainly provides compelling evidence that Oswald was not only a pawn but was deeply involved from the early stages. (It is not implying that there was NO conspiracy to kill Kennedy, just that Oswald was deep in the mire.) One thing that impressed me is that this book is a complete, detailed, readable account that puts everything into perspective. This volume runs well over 200 regular-sized pages and discusses findings you won't find elsewhere. Overall, it was a good addition to my growing collection of Kennedy documentation.

Guerrilla Multilevel Marketing
Guerrilla Multilevel Marketing
by James Dillehay

5.0 out of 5 stars Work ON your business, not IN your business to grow it, 20 May 2011
There is a reason Jay Conrad Levinson has been at the top of the marketing trainer charts for so long and this Guerrilla Multilevel Marketing is another example of the excellent training materials he provides. Most multilevel marketing training is all hype and no meat, or as they say in the states, "All hat and no cattle." Guerilla Multilevel Marketing is a complete blueprint for boosting your sales using proven principles that have been time-tested.

Please understand these are both specific tactics and strategies to grow your marketing vehicle into a powerhouse. This is a complete course in understanding how to make your sales and those under you skyrocket. Some sacred cows are destroyed and some rather unusual tactics are shown here which altogether form a complete marketing strategy for you whether your business is large or you work from home.

Levinson shows you how to do it all, from business cards, to tip sheets, to article reprints, to voice mail (we were stunned at how we can use VM as a marketing tool, we'd never DREAMED of that before...!), to brochures, to bumper stickers and buttons (don't laugh, you'll learn how to maximize bumper stickers to your strong advantage), and it just goes on and on.

But Guerrilla Multilevel Marketing doesn't just show you how to boost your sales, and it doesn't just show your people how to boost theirs, it goes so much farther for the multilevel marketer! It shows you how to get your people TO COMMIT, to become accountable (you know how so many just fall off the face of the earth once they sign up), and more.

What MOST hit home for me and my staff were the stories. Any marketer worth his or her salary knows that a story is more powerful than a description. Levinson knows that too and perhaps that is why he uses a bunch of stories to get his points across to us. The stories are such an integral part of this book's strategies that a list of them appears in the front of the book. With them, you learn to use psychology ove sales and you learn to stop all the guesswork and begin using what you learn about the human condition to get responses you want. This is the complete blueprint, a book that any MLM will benefit from in so many ways!

Bach: Brandenburg Concertos
Bach: Brandenburg Concertos

3.0 out of 5 stars Average - Hold Out for Better, 9 May 2011
The Brandenburg Concertos are my favorite and they were my thesis at University and they are my passion still today. I collect all recordings and this one's quality and scratchiness leaves a lot to be desired. The French horn section is certainly powerful (of major import to the Brandenburg Concertos) but overall, I'd strongly consider Bach: Brandenburg Concertos as a superiod set of recordings in every way.

The Complete Slr Digital Photography Camera Course [DVD]
The Complete Slr Digital Photography Camera Course [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tis Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good - Truly an SLR-based Photography Course, 9 May 2011
So many photography books, videos, and "courses" today are either: 1. Outdated, or 2. Based on quick, how-to-snap-photos-in-different-weather-conditions-of-your-family (like the tons of 99-cent eBooks, of which I made the mistake of buying several). The Complete SLR Digital Photography Camera Course is a simple and easy - but detailed course on using your SLR to take the best photos possible with the least effort on your part. The fact that cameras today are so advanced does NOT mean that our photographs are lots of better - actually, many of the features today simply accent our bad photo-taking skills! Here, you get an excellent foundation for the basics of using SLR digital photograph (all the terms explained, the basics are patiently shown) and then the more advanced topics are brought in little by little. What I got out of the the most was the incredible power of cropping and framing, info I always just assumed was not a big deal but can completely change your picture's composition with very little effort on your part. Also, getting rid of noise which my pictures are horrid at instantly made my subsequent photos better. A fantastic course is here, I highly suugest it.

Curry Can Make or Break Your Health: 50 Things To Know
Curry Can Make or Break Your Health: 50 Things To Know

5.0 out of 5 stars A Superb Book for Fans of All-Things Curry, 6 May 2011
There is so much more to curry than we first realized. This is the book for learning and mastering curry. Whether with vegetables or with meat as your primary ingredient, your curries will be delicious and healthy. We knew we loved curry but we just didn't know there was so much to it. And this book's description is so true - A full FIFTY things to know about curry, only more than just "things"! You get cooking tips, healthy-usage tips, background on its benefits (low cholesterol and low sodium for example), losing weight with curry, budget-friendly dishes, the digestive benefits of curry leaves, burn aids, ...

Are you beginning to get the picture? In other words curry is a tremendously resourceful and multi-purpose ingredient you can use in so many dishes and for so many things! We have cooked with Curry in the past but we had no idea it was so varied. Thanks for Currey Can Make or Break Your Health: 50 Things to Know!

The 2011 Electric Car Guide: Discover the Truth About Owning and Using Electric Cars
by Michael Boxwell

5.0 out of 5 stars The REAL scoop about Green Autos, 9 April 2011
Think owning an electric car helps save the planet? If so, do you know how much or why? I was most impressed with the environmental section of The 2011 Electric Car Guide. It goes not only into explaining the "greeness" of the cars but even explores the electrics originate and even before that, how we get fuel from crude oil. This book explains the environmental impact of using batteries and recycling both the battery and the car when it gets to the end of its life.

The book also includes environmental tests where two electric cars and two conventional cars were driven along the same route to compare their environmental impact and running costs, demonstrating that in real world tests, even if the electricity was generated from a coal fired power station there are still environmental benefits for electric cars. This is key to battling the naysayers. I learned a lot from this and I am far better prepared to start my search, especially with the brand-by-brand model reviews.

Page: 1 | 2