Profile for Alec > Reviews

Pettson's Inventions Deluxe
Pettson's Inventions Deluxe
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming and chilled out, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Pettson's Inventions Deluxe (App)
Charming. Chilled out and beautifully amusing.

Fighting Fantasy: Forest of Doom
Fighting Fantasy: Forest of Doom
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Old school adventuring still very cool, 5 July 2014
Brilliant - lovely lazy way of dice rolling - all done for you, but still exciting. I read to my kids and we all make the decisions together - they've been more transfixed on completing the quest each day, than any other high-tech games or devices they have.

Asus Eee PC 1015CX 10.1 inch netbook - Blue (Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz, 1Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Starter)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, just wish the keyboard was a little more responsive., 8 Dec 2012
Great great great. Light, portable, love the matte blue finish on my model, excellent battery lifetime (I can't honestly say I've added up all the sessions I use it between charges to check the total, but it's definitely several hours (6+) which gives it a lot of freedom and grab-ability without the clunky charger always having to tag along). My only concern is the keyboard. It's spaced nicely and doesn't feel too tight, but it's not brilliantly sensitive, and when I'm typing fast, it misses a few characters per sentence. Not devastating, but definitely annoying having to back edit all the time. A few other reviews did comment on this when I was choosing, but I have heard elsewhere that some keyboards need a bit of running in. I haven't had mine that long so I hope it's true, I don't know how long the other reviewers had theirs for before they commented.

Spellforce Universe (PC DVD)
Spellforce Universe (PC DVD)
Price: 4.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes to Win 7 users!, 8 Dec 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Most people looking at this will probably already be familiar with the game, and other reviews do it credit. My main problem was I had upgraded my laptop which now runs Win7. I couldn't get previous versions of this game to run successfully on Win7, and seeing the online gaming community talking about the difficulty of this, and various fixes and patches that I still couldn't get to work, I had almost given up playing the game again. However, I had one last try on this version. It was successful, no blips or bugs and comes with all the extra sequels and add ons as a bonus. Bargain.