Profile for Mr. N. D. Palmer > Reviews

Content by Mr. N. D. Palmer

Mr. N. D. Palmer

The Chimp Paradox: The Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness
by Prof Steve Peters

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just For Sporting Greats But For Everyone!, 9 July 2012
After a troubled upbringing I have always battled my own thoughts, leading to a few years in Psychotherapy in my early 30's. I am a businessman with a family and am generally quite happy - but for a few bad habits and occasional cycles of depression and bad anxiety. I have never understood why, and the Psychotherapy never worked for me.

I bought this book after hearing others speak about it (namely Ronnie when he won the snooker this year). I have just been on holiday for 2 weeks and read the book and have been amazed at the quick results in changing my outlook on life, my attitude towards others and my confidence levels!! My friends and family have all noticed a happier man, more relaxed, more forgiving and less anxious about the little things in life.

Buy this book. It costs the same as a few pints of beer and it has changed my life, giving me the mindset and tools needed to manage the part of my brain which always held me back.

This book should be available on the NHS. It should be handed out to teenagers in schools. I will offer this book to my own children and encourage them to take on board the principles to live a more productive and happy life. I gave the book to a friend, and since he has finished reading it he bought 5 copies for his family!!!

I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did, and just want to add - I believe Dr Peters is a very clever man indeed.