Profile for D K DAVIDSON > Reviews

Content by D K DAVIDSON

D K DAVIDSON

Bosch PSB 18 LI-2 Cordless Lithium-Ion Hammer Drill Driver with 1 x 18 V Battery, 1.5 Ah

1.0 out of 5 stars Three Major Flaws., 3 Mar. 2015
This drill suffers from three major issues:

1. The drill chuck is badly designed. Bits will fall out after a short time, owing to the fierce braking action when releasing the trigger, which loosens the chucks grip on the bit.

2. It will suddenly stop working. The battery lights will still illuminate but the drill will do nothing. If you return it to Bosch, they'll want £60 - £90 to repair. Frankly, you're better buying new.

3. Battery removal is poorly designed. You have to depress the battery unlock button in one direction while simultaneously pulling the battery off the drill in the exact opposite direction.

Scrum: A Pocket Guide: A Smart Travel Companion (Best Practice (Van Haren Publishing))
by Gunther Verheyen

5.0 out of 5 stars Mature Scrum, 13 Nov. 2013
For me, this book helps to cover the 'why' of Scrum rather than just the 'how'. It takes you under the hood to give a deeper understanding.

For example, most people know that Scrum has a daily meeting referred to as the Daily Scrum and it's fifteen minutes long and the attendees answer three questions. This book goes beyond that and examines it from the perspective of the three pillars of empiricism. It reminds us what the real purpose of the meeting is, what we're inspecting and what we should be adapting.

At the end of it all, the author makes a bold statement. He says that "The future state of Scrum will no longer be called Scrum ... It will become the norm." Strong stuff indeed and not a sentiment I found myself agreeing with.

But the book is compelling, the author's passion is real and tangible. So, I'm going to read it again and maybe this time I'll find something I missed on the first read through. I shouldn't be at all surprised.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars A perverted perspective on Scrum, 9 Nov. 2013
I read the free chapter offered and concluded that this book isn't about Scrum. It's a perspective on software development that uses Scrum terminology to try and borrow value and gravitas.

The definitive source on Scrum is the Scrum Guide written by Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland and is available free

Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great (Pragmatic Programmers)
Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great (Pragmatic Programmers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Make Your Retrospectives ZING!, 9 Nov. 2013
As a Scrum Trainer and Contract Scrum Master, I regularly look for new ways to enliven Scrum Retrospectives. This book is my start point. It not only contains some fantastic ideas, it sets my mind free to think of alternatives that I can use.

Keeping Sprint Retrospectives engaging and useful is pivotal to helping a Scrum Team to continuously improve. This book will help you do that.