Profile for KenLin > Reviews

Jawbone Large UP Fitness Tracking Wristband - Black Onyx
Jawbone Large UP Fitness Tracking Wristband - Black Onyx
Offered by UK Supplies
Price: 59.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Jawbone Up - great when it works, but serious battery life issues, 3 Dec 2013
I bought this wristband at the end of July 2013 (from Amazon).

When it works, it's a brilliant piece of kit.Easy to use, and surprisingly accurate in tracking both activity levels and sleep time/quality. The associated software is well written, intuitive and creates lots of interesting and helpful insights. It encouraged me to both exercise more and sleep more. If it had continued to work, I would have rated it 5 stars.

However, there is a serious battery life issue. 4 months after I started using the wristband, the battery simply stopped retaining its charge for any longer than a few hours, (advertised battery life is 10 days). This renders the wristband completely useless. Having now searched the various internet and support forums, it is obvious that mine is not an isolated case and that this is a widespread problem experienced by a large number of users over many months. One article suggests 20% of all UP wristbands need to be replaced due to battery issues and a further 40% have "inconsistent" battery life. If correct, that is appalling!

I have emailed Jawbone UK support and asked for a replacement wristband, and I will update this review once I see how they respond (and will involve Amazon if I am not satisfied with Jawbone's response)

It's an enormous pity. A potentially great product idea and design destroyed by terrible quality management.

If Jawbone properly fix the issue then I will love this product once again. However, until you can see that this battery life issue has been fixed (just Google "Jawbone Up battery issues" and you will find lots of comment), you should not buy this product.