Profile for CurlyFender Guy > Reviews

Brink (Xbox 360)
Offered by The Game Collection -

3.0 out of 5 stars A frustrating let-down, 11 Jun. 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Brink (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Brink, Brink, Brink...
Where to begin?
I've been excited for this game ever since I bore witness to the immense, stylish release trailer a year back. I just couldn't help but ponder over the possibilities of Mirrors Edge combined with Call Of Duty. Brink however, did not live up to my (or any of my friends') expectations. An overly defensive AI combined with an absolute copy of the singleplayer for multiplayer just isn't good enough for a game that was set back two times! Not to mention the narrative. Having played this game twice through from each perspective, I still fail to grasp the story, or become even remotely engaged with it. One of the main problems with the multiplayer is an insane amount of lag in every single game (not just my own connection), and the ability to change teams whenever you wanted left much to be desired. In conclusion, Brink had the potential to be a game-changer, but fell far short of the mark due to poor decisions when it came to the multiplayer and storytelling.

If you are looking for a game that you'll play once and trade back in, then this is definitely the game for you.