Profile for Paul K Stanley > Reviews

Content by Paul K Stanley

Paul K Stanley (Stafford, Staffordshire United Kingdom)

The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe: TV soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK]
The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe: TV soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK]

5.0 out of 5 stars The only CD I kept, 11 May 2013
I got rid of my extensive cd collection some time ago, including the first ever cds I bought back in the early 1980s. There is one and only one cd that I kept: guess which one?

If I could take just one album/cd whatever to a desert island, I wonder what would it be?

An absolute classic for those of a certain age.

SanDisk 8GB Micro Cruzer USB Flash Drive
SanDisk 8GB Micro Cruzer USB Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong..., 11 May 2013
Bought this item quite a few years back and it is still going strong. Never let me down yet and is excellent value for money.

Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5 L II Lens ( Wide 24mm focal length, ± 8.5° Tilt & ±12mm Shift)

5.0 out of 5 stars Its true what everyone says..., 11 May 2013
Yes, for professional landscape and architectural photography, there is no other lens that can better this. There is a very steep learning curve to owning this lens and in the right hands can produce some truly magnificent images. Unfortunately, after months of use, I just wasn't wowed by the images and sold this in exchange for an 85mm 1.2L - of which I am wowed by the images.

Ignore my slight negativity - this is really one fine piece of glass: image quality from top to bottom and left to right is very sharp indeed. Nothing less than a 5-star rating.

Hoya 82mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter
Hoya 82mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars A good, quality product, 11 May 2013
Excellent filter which does a good job. For the price can't really complain. I have, however, recenlty been converted by the exceptional quality of B+W filters, which seem to offer that little better quality than Hoya.

B + W Filter 72mm UV Filter With Multi Resistant Coating
B + W Filter 72mm UV Filter With Multi Resistant Coating

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple product, extremely well made, 11 May 2013
A necessity for expensive glass. Looks and feels like a top-quality product, of which it is. No reflections show through this filter, in comparison to other manufacturers' filters that I own that don't hold up too well.

For peace of mind and no image degradation, you really can't do much better than this filter; so good, I bought two of them!

Illustrator 10 Bible
Illustrator 10 Bible
by Kelly Murdock

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for AI users, 22 Nov. 2002
This review is from: Illustrator 10 Bible (Paperback)
Received my copy of Illustrator 10 Bible this morning (prompt service as usual) - 6 hours later and with an empty stomach, I am still sifting my way through this excellent tome. What this book doesn't cover, is not worth knowing. I'm up to page 361 at present and still can't put the thing down. The topic on manipulating type is out-of-this-world and for any aspiring logo designers, this chapter is not to be missed.
I've owned AI 10 for a few months now and have been experimenting with the various menus and tools, but not until I got this book, did I realise just how good AI 10 can be.
I've bought many a book from Amazon, but this has got to be my best purchase to date (unless the Photoshop 7 Bible which awaits, proves otherwise!!)
From a programmer who tries his hand at graphics every now and then!!