Profile for Mrs. D. Roberts-Barter > Reviews

Content by Mrs. D. Robert...

Mrs. D. Roberts-Barter (Southsea, UK)

Sock It To Me Women's Funky Knee High Socks - Pink Moustache
Sock It To Me Women's Funky Knee High Socks - Pink Moustache
Offered by Super Fat Laces

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 12 Aug. 2012
What can I say! Great, fun, socks! Really excellent quality and very comfy too! I might even buy another pair or at least have some for the emergency gift box!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 12 Aug. 2012
These are a perfect 5 for novelty value, my little girl finds moustache sandwiches hilarious. However, it does take rather a lot of effort to cut all the way through a sandwich, even with thinly sliced bread. I wouldn't recommend one of these for lots of party sandwiches, but if you just want it for fun, go for it!

Michael Rosen's Sad Book
Michael Rosen's Sad Book
by Michael Rosen

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 12 Aug. 2012
This book is fantastic. I already had a copy and bought this as a gift for a friend's children when they were going through their first bereavement. Beautifully written, beautifully illustrated and a wonderful way of making some sense of emotions and feelings.

Out Along The Wire
Out Along The Wire

5.0 out of 5 stars The only album you'll need this summer!, 20 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Out Along The Wire (Audio CD)
This long-awaited album certainly does not disappoint, although I can't profess to have waited as long as some fans! For me, I can see this being the only album I'll be listening to over and over for quite some time. Perfect for balmy evenings (if we get any!), it will easily be the ideal Summer soundtrack and is up there with the best. Think Ray LaMontagne, Ryan Adams, Jack Johnson and a splash of Chris Rea - but better!

Buy it!

That is all!

Morphy Richards 47507 Premium Pump Espresso Coffee 15 bar
Morphy Richards 47507 Premium Pump Espresso Coffee 15 bar

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful!, 15 Aug. 2007
Yes, it looks pretty! But I'm on my second replacement (so third machine) now and the same problem occurs over and over - the seal on the coffee holder is awful. If I pull the handle all the way over to the right when using the 'single shot' holder it doesn't always explode water from the sides, but then you're left with watery, weak non-espresso. I've given up using the double shot holder - the language it inspires me to use is too awful!

In short, yes it's a cheap machine, but you get what you pay for. It's put me off Morphy Richards as a brand in general and the next machine I buy will definitely be a better brand, even if I have to spend more. I would definitely not recommend this machine.

On the upside, their customer services team have been excellent, but I guess that's down to plenty of practice!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2014 12:01 AM BST

Anolon Professional Hard Anodised Saucepan with Helper Handle, 20 cm, 3.8 Litre
Anolon Professional Hard Anodised Saucepan with Helper Handle, 20 cm, 3.8 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous pans!, 11 April 2006
Gorgeous, gorgeous pans! I can't rate Meyer highly enough - love the pans, they wash up really beautifully - almost as good as new...
Just be careful if you use them in the oven - they work wonderfully in there, but I managed to brand the Meyer logo onto my hand for a few months after forgetting that the metal handle was hot - doh!!