Profile for Rajesh Magar > Reviews

Content by Rajesh Magar

Rajesh Magar (Aberdeen, UK)

Daewoo DUB2850GB - 28" Pureflat Widescreen TV - With Freeview - dimensions - 840mm x 505mm x 522mm (w x h x d)

4.0 out of 5 stars Had this tv for about 3 years now, 19 July 2008
Ive had this tv for about 3 years, and overall it has been very good. The flat screen and design are very stylish, and the picture quality is great. It also has built in freeview, which unfortunatly we cant get as we arent in a freeview area at the moment.

On the downside, the tv does tend to make a hissing sound sometimes when watching, but this usually isnt terribly noticable. We had to call a tv engineer out once because the tv cut out altogether. This was due to some wire at the back coming loose and coming into contact with a heated element, whereby the tv cut out with a burning smell. It was easy enough to fix, and cheap (£30). This was last year.

This sounds bad, but overall, even though it is a crt, I wouldnt change it just yet. I would reccomend it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A great camera if you need it for basic use, 25 Dec. 2007
You can end up spending a small fortune on digital cameras these days. If you buy cheap you normally pay for it in quality, and Ive been stung before a couple of years ago when I bought a £30 camera from a cheap brand. Samsung is a decent brand, so I thought I would take the chance, and bought this for my sister as a gift. She doesnt have a digital camera, and being a technophobe (her words) I hoped this would do the trick.

The quality of pictures it takes certainly are good, and they are comparable with my more expensive camera. The instructions are very basic, and the camera may not be intuitive to use advanced features. However, there is a standard Auto mode, which works well. The camera looks quite attractive too.

Some people have noted battery consumption is high. I can believe it, but buying some high end (2500ma) rechargable batteries should resolve this. I would also say that the 2.5inch preview screen isnt that great - a bit grainy. I was dissapointed in this.

If all you need the camera for is to take snaps and then print, email or save them on the computer, then I would reccomend this camera. Dont forget the added costs of rechargable batteries and SD memory card (this applies to many digital cameras though). This might add about £20 to the initial outlay if you can get a good deal from Amazon.

Kingston Technology 1GB Secure Digital Card
Kingston Technology 1GB Secure Digital Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and reliable taking into postage costs, 13 Dec. 2007
I dont know why so people moan about the postage of these memory cards. The total cost of the card is still significantly cheaper than if you buy them at high street retailers. The cards themselves are reliable and work well.