Profile for Charles Shepherd > Reviews

Content by Charles Shepherd

Charles Shepherd "Probus" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
An Autobiography of Buffalo Bill (Colonel W. F. Cody)
An Autobiography of Buffalo Bill (Colonel W. F. Cody)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The real wild west., 29 Mar 2014
I had recently been on holiday in the USA where I was lucky enough to visit the Navajo Reservation and this made we want to find out more about what life was like for the Indians in America in the early days. Although written from the "white man's" perspective I did get an impression of what life was really like for a people who lost their country to people who had no real respect for the rights of the people who lived there. A good read.

Treachery
Treachery
Price: 4.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable history, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Treachery (Kindle Edition)
If you are interested in history but also with a twist of fiction this is a great read. It is based in the time of Elizabeth 1st and gives a very good impression of what life was like in England at that time. We often tend to romanticise what life was like for people at that time because most novels are solely about the rich, this however gives a more balanced view.

Nameless
Nameless
Price: 0.77

1.0 out of 5 stars trying a new book, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Nameless (Kindle Edition)
I thought I would like to try a new author that I had not tried before. Unfortunately the plot and the topic of this book were definitely not to my liking. The plot was absurd in the extreme and I found that it was so bad that I could not even finish the book.
I would not recommend this book or author to anyone.

Guide to British Birds of Prey (Chart)
Guide to British Birds of Prey (Chart)
by Simon Norman
Edition: Unknown Binding
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Twitchers, 21 Jan 2013
I bought this book for my grandson who is very keen on bird watching. He was delighted with the detail of the pictures and the information contained.

Prophecy
Prophecy
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Tudor lives, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Prophecy (Kindle Edition)
For anyone who enjoys fiction mixed with factual historical details SJ Parris' books are a must read and this one is no exception

The Garden of Evening Mists
The Garden of Evening Mists

4.0 out of 5 stars The Garden of Evening Mists, 8 Nov 2012
This was the first book by Eng that I have read. It was a very interesting story set in a country I know very little about and I definately would recommend it to anyone.

The Man Without a Face: The Unlikely Rise of Vladmir Putin
The Man Without a Face: The Unlikely Rise of Vladmir Putin
Price: 6.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Read, 29 Aug 2012
This was a great read telling me the background to the rise to power of one of the most powerful men in the world. I found out a great deal of what I did not know about the political situation in Russia and how a vitual unknown could be promoted to a position he was then able to retain.

Skymarks SKR106 British Airways Concorde 1:250 Snap-Fit Model
Skymarks SKR106 British Airways Concorde 1:250 Snap-Fit Model
Offered by Air-spotters
Price: 16.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Plane Lover, 29 Aug 2012
My grandson loves planes and obviously although the Concord no longer flies it has a special place in the hearts of everyone who enjoys flying. He was delighted to add this model to his expanding collection.

Exit Music
Exit Music
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sad Departure, 29 Aug 2012
This review is from: Exit Music (Kindle Edition)
This is a typical Ian Rankin novel. Fast moving and literature at its best. Pity that Rebus is retiring. I will have to find another detective to take his place.

Blue Shaded Stripe Formal Shirt 16"
Blue Shaded Stripe Formal Shirt 16"

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 24 Mar 2011
The delivery of this shirt was excellent being within two days. The quality of the shirt was very good taking into consideration the price paid. I would purchase this product again.

Page: 1 | 2