Profile for Deadman Disciple > Reviews

Content by Deadman Disciple

Deadman Disciple (Bilston, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Archos 70 Cobalt 7-inch Tablet (RockChip 1.2GHz, 512MB RAM, 8GB Memory, Android 4.2)
Offered by electricshop UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally Crap, just spend the money for a decent one., 15 Feb. 2015
My mother-in-law bought my 2 kids one of these each for christmas in Asda as they were really cheap, as my kids wanted a tablet for their college work, with her thoughts "well, a tablet is a tablet, no matter what the price" how wrong she is.

My eldest son did his research for a new tablet & found one he really wanted & only for a couple of quid extra it was a 100 times more powerful, but again my mother-in-law thought "well, a tablet is a tablet" and bought this to save a few quid.

My son only had it for a day & it slowed down right away without no new apps & so he packed it away & bought himself the one he wanted & again it was only a couple of quid more expensive.

Unaware of this fact, I needed a tablet to do painting & detailing research for my model kits to save switching on my PC (which takes 5-10 mins to boot up properly), so my wife says "he dont use it no more, he's bought himself a new one, so this is going spare" I switched it on & was plesantley surprised how quick it booted up, until I actually opened the web browser.

It took a massive long 5 mins to load the web browser & so started to type Hobbycraft into the search bar (as I needed to price up some paint for my model) I typed in ho, then the keyboard vanished 20 taps later it popped back up & I typed bby, another 20 taps then I typed cra, then another 20 taps managed to finish with hobbycraft with the ft.

It took 2 mins for the site to come up & then another 5 mins to get the keyboard to come up with my finger tapping, so by the time it took on the tablet I could have booted up my pc quicker.

Then today, I downloaded the Assassin's Creed:Unity Companion app & at first it let me type in my email & password, but I stupidly forgot to check the "Remember Me" square, and now the 5 mins constant tapping to get the keyboard to pop up & I type in one letter & it dissappears everytime.

Youtube is really bad on it too, as I have my own channel & the sound is always 2 seconds ahead of the video.

So the moniker of "A tablet is just a tablet, no matter the price" is complete & utter crap, just do your research & buy a decent tablet & dont think "wow this tablet is cheap, it'll do"

Plasti-kote 24002 400ml Premium Spray Paint Matt Clear Acrylic
Plasti-kote 24002 400ml Premium Spray Paint Matt Clear Acrylic

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for model kits., 20 Jan. 2015
Good for model kits, but needs a damn good shake before use.

Also this stuff stinks to high heaven, so use it outside.

But it can leave a misty white finish if sprayed to close to the model, so a light dusting from above at a distance will suffice.

Destroyer [Explicit]
Destroyer [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly awesome, a must for any metal fan, 20 Jan. 2015
Ive known the DBB lads for many years & had been waiting for their first album with baited breath for a long time, but it was well worth the wait.

With the remixes of Death Before Dishonor & Driven Insanity, this album is a rollercoaster ride from start to finish.

If your a metal fan & love local bands this is the album you need to get & if you get the chance to see the DBB guys live your in for a treat.

1/4105 Battlestar Galactica series Battlestar Galactica (japan import)
1/4105 Battlestar Galactica series Battlestar Galactica (japan import)
Offered by Acrossborders *Multi-buy Auto Discount*

5.0 out of 5 stars A very detailed kit, truly awesome., 10 Aug. 2014
The last of the 4 models I bought from the USA, I was very impressed on first opening & inspecting the sprues on the immense amount of detail this kit actually has.

About the same size as the BSG Pegasus kit (also by Moebius) which both are about 18 inches long, so its a very sizeable kit once fully assembled.

Assembly is really easy, going along the same lines as the BSG Pegasus (which I have also done), apart from the locking head feature, this time you just slot the head & engine block into the backbone & the keel locks into the flightpods and clicks into place underneath the main body, but (in my experience) was a bit of tight fit & took a little force to get it to lock, but I got there in the end.

But when it comes to assembling the starboard flightpod, parts 16 & 17 will have to be swapped to the other respective sides as in the instructions it says to glue part 16 (which represents the launchtubes) to face the inner part of the galactica, when indeed it should face outwards towards open space (as it were)

Going back the head section, parts 49 & 50 will also have to be swapped over too, due to an error in the instructions, but apart from those assembly is pretty much straight forward.

There is on the side of the box, 2 matte drawings of the inner flight-bays, which will have to be cut out from the box & placed on the inside of the flightpods, which IMO should be brought a little more forward then it states in the instructions, so a little surgery will have to be done on the inside of the flightpods, should you wish to bring them forward.

When it comes to painting the galactica herself, the instructions tell you to spray a coat of dark grey primer & lightly dust a white coat over the primer to get an off white effect, to which I followed and with a few light coatings I managed to achieve, but it will come off in your hands, so allowing 20-30 mins to dry I then went with a good once over with Citadel Purity Seal clear coat, it sealed really nice.

Then came the decals, which went down really well using Microset & Microsol to counter the stepping & the decals moulded to the stepping contours with no problems at all.

All-in-all, im really happy on how my TOS Galactica turned out, especially with the painting instructions & you can see how she took shape on my youtube channel (the link is in my profile)

This again will make an awesome addition to any Battlestar Galactica fan.

Microscale BMF128 Micro Sol setting solution MSSOL
Microscale BMF128 Micro Sol setting solution MSSOL
Offered by Stockton-Modeller

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome stuff along with Microset., 12 July 2014
I bought some of this when the price on here went down from £25 to £3.06, from a tip off comment on my youtube channel.

My Belkits Ford Fiesta kit needed some around the wheel arches as it was an arkward stepping problem for my Ken Block aftermarket decals.

So I applied some microset first, let it dry for a few mins, then applied the microsol, then once dried the decal had sucked right into the plastic around the arkwards step & now it looks way better than it did before.

Cant recommend this stuff enough.

Liquitex Professional Spray Paint 400 ml, Neutral Grey 7
Liquitex Professional Spray Paint 400 ml, Neutral Grey 7

1.0 out of 5 stars No good for model kits., 12 July 2014
I bought a can of this from my local The Range store, as it would have been the perfect pale grey for my Moebius TOS Viper & TOS Galactica, thinking it would go down a treat.

HOW WRONG I WAS, I tested it on my Viper and it LITERALLY soaked the plastic, it filled in all the panel lines & was not a good coat at all, luckily it was water soluable, so I soaked it in some warm soapy water and the paint came off with no problems.

A shame really, as again it was the perfect grey I needed, as im having trouble finding the perfect Pale Grey in model paint.

Moebius Battlestar Galactica Pegasus Kit
Moebius Battlestar Galactica Pegasus Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome kit., 8 July 2014
I bought this again from the USA, as it was £20 cheaper (at the time) than any UK seller.

The sprues were perfect with no imperfections, detail is really good much like the other Moebius kits I have made.

Unlike the Battlestar Galactica however, the flight bays were not all the way through visable, but Moebius made up for that by putting in decals that made it look (perspectively) like you could see all the way through & small landing deck decals.

When putting together the flightpods/landing bays, you affix a decal to an upright wall above the flight deck decal making sure you align the centre deck road line (as it were) to the centre of the wall decal & once in place it does look like there is a full flight deck inside.

You can buy a Paragraphix photoetch set with full length flight deck decals, but it requires a lot of surgery to the inside of the flightpods & can be quite expensive for the set.

Once the decals are down & sealed, you can assemble the flightpods using a centre sandwich piece, but it will be better if you paint the flightpods & the sandwich piece before you assemble the upper & lower flightpods as it will prove more awkward later on as I found out.

Then comes the lower & upper parts of the headpiece, again connected with a sandwich piece, once you have glued all the head inserts into place, again paint those along with the sandwich piece and glue the guns in before you assemble the headpieces onto the backbone & the belly using the locking tabs on the back.

After all that, comes the rear engine assembly, which comprises of 8 engine rods, 1 upper & lower plates which make a hexagon type housing, a mid housing mounting plate (for the rods) and the main mounting plate which glues into the backbone/belly.

However when you come to put together the backbone with upper head & the belly with the lower part of the head, the engine plate will have to be mounted upside down, as it says on the instruction sheet the mounting tabs should be glued into the backbone (top), but this is wrong & the belly (bottom) had the holes for those mounting tabs,

Once you've managed to mount the top to the bottom, which can be quite tricky, comes mounting the engine nacelles which are really easy to glue in &once the glue had dried, you then glue in the rear engine vents.

Once the engine nacelles are dry the come the flightpods, which will (like the galactica) be pushed into place through the belly holes & into a docking assembly inside which the glue should be put inside and then leave it to dry.

Then comes the painting, the paint I used for the whole of the model was armypainter's gun metal in a 400ml can, also you will have paint on the landing bay entrances in red, along with putting on the registry decals, then you will have to paint on the head markings again with red paint & then the backbone decal for the colonial emblem.

I really enjoyed building this model, all-in-all, this again will make an awesome addition to any Battlestar Galactica fan.

You can see my building of the pegasus, along with the building of all my models on my youtube channel (the link is in my profile page)

Moebius 1:32 Scale Battlestar Galactica Classic Colonial Viper Kit
Moebius 1:32 Scale Battlestar Galactica Classic Colonial Viper Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, lots of detail on the exterior, but needs photoetch for cockpit., 15 Jun. 2014
I bought this kit from America because it was £10-£15 cheaper (at that time) than any UK seller, along with a photoetch set for the cockpit also from America which was £20 cheaper.

I inspected the sprues & I was amazed at what I saw, the panel lines were crisp along with all the exterior parts of the viper even the canopy has riveted detailing, the cockpit's detailing was really nice but then I came across the decal sheet.

The exterior decals were really good as you get 2 options (one for the screen version & one for the full scale prop version of the viper), but then came the anti-climax.

Yet again Moebius has let us down when it comes to interior cockpit.

Only 1 solitary, on its own, single, lonely decal for the main radar screen, so I started on the cockpit.

I started to do the surgery on the cockpit by sanding down the raised detailing (which was almost a shame, as it was really nice, but I wasn't going to paint it very intricately with the smallest brush ever) and cutting out the squares for the photoetch console films to onto the back of the etch.

Then came the etch which the side consoles were very tight to the main screen etch, but it glued in the end. I originally went with Liquitex neutral grey & spray painted the cockpit, but then instantly realised that was a big mistake as I found out it was an artists spray paint & it literally soaked the cockpit & I had to clean it off the best I could & repaint it by hand using Revell Aquacolor light grey, not a perfect result, but it'll have to do.

Then came the mounting of the console films, mostly easy & a bit fiddly, but makes a whole lot of difference compared to the one solitary decal that Moebius supplied, so in a nutshell just buy the Paragraphix cockpit set (you wont regret it).

The pilot was quite easy to paint, helmet was revell sand yellow with revell metallic copper for the helmet crest, uniform was revell brown mixed in with the copper & ocher for his trousers & black boots.

Then came the fuselage, which was basically 2 halves & the cockpit plus a landing gear plate which were both very tricky to push down into place to get the 2 halves glue in together, but they did in the end.

Now came the rear assembly comprising of, intakes/engine cowling/exhausts.

Engine cowling was 3 parts, to be glued into a triangle shape with the bottom plate, but once glued together the intakes & the exhausts clipped into place very tightly so glueing wont be a problem, the exhausts also have a clear detailed insert which (if you light your kits and use the exhaust films that came with the photoetch will look a nice shade of blue, hence me painting the back panel blue to simulate it (as i've never worked with lighting)

Once the rear assembly is done, then come mounting the top & side wings onto it by mounting each half of the respective side wings effectively sandwiching the rear assembly mounting plates & gluing the wings into place.

Then comes final construction, which you mount the fuselage into the lower part on the intakes, then glue the fuselage onto the bottom plate of the rear assembly & gluing the canopy into the intakes to support the fuselage & using a trigger clamp to clamp the canopy from the top & the plate on the bottom.

With the disappointment of the Liquitex Neutral Grey (which was the perfect color) I found Modelmates Light Grey which went down really well as the main color for the exterior, decals were fine to put on apart from a few stepping problems here & there, to which I used the screen viper option of the decals, along with rubbing on some black charcoal for weathering.

Stand was very tight mounting into to the underside of the belly plate, so the mounting notch on the stand will have to be shaved off a little, also I spray painted the outside of the stand to cover up the americas logo that Moebius keep on using & using the photoetch colonial viper plate & colonial logo dressed it up real nice.

All-in-all, an awesome model with huge detail, but the interior cockpit was a little bit of a let down, but will make an awesome addition to any Battlestar Galactica fan who likes to make models.

Sorry if I rambled on a bit.

Belkits 1/24 Ford Fiesta RS W2C 2011 ADAC Rallye Deutschland # BEL-003
Belkits 1/24 Ford Fiesta RS W2C 2011 ADAC Rallye Deutschland # BEL-003
Offered by Models4hobby

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice kit, but can be a pain at times., 12 May 2014
I bought this kit, along with an aftermarket decal set & Driver & Co-Driver figure set.

Let me say this is a very detailed kit & will make an awesome addition to any collection of a motor racing fan.

The sprues were very impressive with no imperfections & again there are some very small parts, so be careful when removing them, decal sheet was great to with the option of building the M-Sport WRT 2011 to either Mikko Hirvonen or Jarri-Matti Latvala, but I decided to go with the Ken Block 2011 livery decal set made by Colorado Decals of Portugal.

Following the instructions were fairly easy, but the decals were not numbered, just the picture of the decal & position where to be mounted.

You will have to paint some of the parts as you go along, and the color chart is based on Tamiya paints, but as always I use Revell, also as this kit does not come with driver or co-driver figures (as most motor racing kits dont these days) I decided to dress up the interior with a Tamiya 89610 1/24 Driver & Co-Driver figure set.

The spare wheel, which is mounted to the rear of the chassis tub behind the driver seat, dont follow the kit instruction when mounting it, as you will have to remove it later to put the securing photo-etch ratchet & strapping on.

Also on the wheels, the ford logo & the oz racing decals are so small you will need a magnifying glass to see them & to make sure you dont put them on inside out like I initially did.

The main difficulty I had however was with the roll-cage mounting to the chassis interior tub, the instructions tell you to glue in the rear of the roll-cage to the inside wall & the front of the roll-cage to a hole mounted on the top edge of the inside wall, DONT DO THIS!!!!!!

The front of the roll-cage along with the rear should be glued on the inside wall of the chassis tub, because the hole on the top edge of the inside wall will be for the side door panels, as I followed the instructions & had to free the roll-cage once glued and re-glue to the inside wall as the side doors would not mount.

Once that was done, then came the top roof of the roll-cage, which was very fiddly indeed, you will have to align the roof mounting holes to the very small mounting pegs from the top of of each stantion of the lower part of the roll-cage, but once done it looks really good along with the figures (if you choose to buy them)

Then after that difficulty, then came mounting the main body-shell on top of the roll-caged interior made it very hard to slot into place, but using a normal cutlery knife & a bit of patience it will slot down & you will need to clamp it down good & proper once you apply the glue.

Then the outer body construction starts, which is fairly easy, but leave the spoiler, roof scoop, wing mirrors & roof antennas until you have applied the decals & get a sharp tipped file or a cocktail stick to jab the locating holes.

The kit decals should mount really well, but as I used the Colorado Decals Ken Block set I had difficulty mounting them over the stepped wheel-arches & the bonnet vents, but apart from those the rest of the decals mounted really well.

Im glad with how she turned out, this kit is well worth the buy.

Razer Kraken Pro Analog Gaming Headset - Black
Razer Kraken Pro Analog Gaming Headset - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for its purpose in terms of Gaming, 13 April 2014
After My Turtle Beach X12's had finally packed in from a broken hinge and the audio from the right hand side had completely gone it was safe to say a new headset was in order. Disappointed by the build quality of the X12's I decided to go for a higher price headset in hope that the extra money for a premium piece of kit I'd hope to get much better build quality and with the choice of the Razer Kraken Pro I feel that they will last me much longer.

So as it being a Razer product your going to get some snazzy packaging and Il be honest I was dead excited when I got it, I've always wanted to get a bit of kit from Razer and see what the craze is about though I did honestly think my first bit of kit was going to be the Tartarus but needs a must! I have read reviews or watched unboxings of this headset and have had trouble with the packaging and really I took my time trying not to damage the box and I believed it was fairly easy to open to be honest, getting the headset out of the Lil box with the plastic holder was annoying I will admit however though done undamaged! Along with the Headset you'll get Razer Documentation as you always with their products and also a nice lil Razer sticker. Enjoy the Lil things.

With it being a Razer product you can rely on it to be a premium piece of kit and built to last. Through consideration my headset needed to be comfortable to wear, better quality and no usb power required (The X12's would cause an awful buzzing noise that could annoy yourself and those on the other end of the call) that aside I can say the Razer Kraken does exactly as I want it too. The hinges which was my main concern this time round, considering the ear cups can actually fold in for easier transport I dont think Ill have the same worry compared to my x12's.

"The Most Comfiest Headset Ever" Such a line that really I dont think can be proven. Simply cause thats going to be down to opinion not fact but lets not get into that debate shall we! Anyways its got a few issues, to begin with the headset itself. The Audio reproduction quality of this headset is simply not good. There's much better headsets out there for it and for £60 Id expect the Audio quality to be better than what it actually is. To start off, like most people have said in most reviews. Bass. Way to much, the first thing that will hit you when you put it on and listen to music the bass is immediately noticeable. Some wont mind, some do. Personally I do however over time I've kind of gotten used to it however some of my favorite tracks do sound kind of muddy due to it so dont expect brilliant Audio quality. For playing games it's not too bad but I mainly got this to communicate with friends and play online so it fits the job well to not banter too much about audio. I will mention however these are closed ear cups for better sound isolation keeping you in your fantasy world and the real world out of your immersive experience though do remember to take breaks. Being used to the X12's I could have them on for Hours and hours without breaks, the Kraken however I have to take breaks as because of them being closed ear cups not alot of air gets passed through to your ears and the bacteria build up can be quite aggravating and at the time of writing this my ears are a little sore. A fault to due to my own use and not the headset mind you but passing on this advice!

Next on to the Microphone, its retractable which is I really like since if you dont want it out you can simply put it away when not needed. With this feature since it being a Analog headset, its a normal 3.5mm jack meaning you can plug it into your Phone or Ipod or whatever you use to listen to music, so potentially you could use them while your out and about if you dont mind the headset on while your out and with that microphone away you dont look that additional bit silly. Just saying!
The Microphone is really nice and responsive just as you'd like in a gaming headset. Sadly however theres no function to mute the microphone or control the volume as of like the X12's so you'll have to adjust the volume level on your desktop and either push to talk macro or mute the microphone through your software manually. With this new change I have had to be more careful on what Im saying and must realize I no longer have this Luxury...
A splitter will also be included so you can use the Microphone and Audio ports on your desktop as the headset on its own only has one jack connector.

Finally Software, Synapse 2.0. I downloaded this in hope I could use the Equalizer to get bring up some of those bass frequencies to make it less muddy but alas my headset appears to only use my Realtek audio playback opposed to the Razer Audio control playback. When making Razer control the default device I wont hear anything, all the audio is being played back on the Realtek Audio channel instead of Razer control which I found annoying yet have seen no solution so that is unfortunate. On a side note you can download Razer's surround sound software to essential give it some surround sound elements which aren't bad in truth but appears it can be used with more than just Razer headsets so potentially could use on any headset perhaps?

Overall I think its a great headset for its purpose. Built to last, not bad to wear and does its job. For £60 I think it is a little overpriced however for the build quality I reckon its worth that extra push if it will last you in the long run.

And remember folks, ensure you take breaks!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3