ARRAY(0xb2804078)

Profile for Castor > Reviews

Content by Castor

Castor

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi [Previous Generation]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 May 2013
It's basically like the most basic kindle but a bit easier to use due to the touchscreen. The built-in light function is useful although I haven't capitalised much from it since I usually don't read in bed so I can't say much about that.

I like to underline and make notes on books and papers so the touchscreen was really the thing that made me go for this kindle. I have the basic version as well and I was quite happy with it. If you only wanna read don't spend your money on the paperwhite as you wouldn't notice any difference between the two in terms of functionality (unless you're very picky using cursors). In terms of speed I don't notice much difference between the two.

I think this is a way better kindle than the basic version if you make notes and highlight text. In general I'm very happy with both.

WD My Passport 500GB Portable Hard Drive - Black
WD My Passport 500GB Portable Hard Drive - Black
Offered by YouLookSlim
Price: 49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., 21 May 2013
It seems a reliable external hard drive and the password function gives you peace of mind when storing personal data. Quick and easy to set up.

Samsung E2121 SIM Free Mobile Phone
Samsung E2121 SIM Free Mobile Phone
Offered by Phones2Post
Price: 21.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, 21 May 2013
If the only thing you need is a mobile to phone and text this is for you. I'm not, and hopefully never will be, interested in having internet on my phone so this is for the people who think alike and think that there's more in life than wasting time being online most of the day.

Saitek Chess Explorer Pro
Saitek Chess Explorer Pro
Offered by Chess and Bridge
Price: 109.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the chess lover., 21 May 2013
This review is from: Saitek Chess Explorer Pro (Toy)
If you find chess an interesting pastime which gives you hours of fun (playing against people or computers) this is for you. It is a challenging computer with loads of functions for the beginner to the more experienced player. The product in itself is a bit 'plasticky' however for someone only interested in the functionality of the computer this doesn't matter much. So far the product still works like new even though I've been using it for long periods most days. I don't think this is the sort of chessboard that you can carry everywhere you go.

I think this product is a good start point wherefrom you can determine how far you want to go with chess. Perhaps this will be your only buy in terms of a computer chessboard and top it up with a computer programme?

Travel Magnetic Fold Flat Chess Set
Travel Magnetic Fold Flat Chess Set
Offered by Chess and Bridge
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great companion., 21 May 2013
It is excellent when analysing games on your own without the use of a computer or a 3D board. In two words: Very practical.

Hairbond Moulder Professional Hair Shaper (50ml)
Hairbond Moulder Professional Hair Shaper (50ml)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's fine but..., 27 Dec 2012
It's not as versatile as I thought it would be, and I'm not talking once you've styled your hair but when you're actually on the task of 'moulding' it. Sometimes it works on my hair, sometimes don't. It works better on medium-length hair. I prefer Hairbond designer better.

Candide and Other Stories (Oxford World's Classics)
Candide and Other Stories (Oxford World's Classics)
by Voltaire
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, 27 Dec 2012
Great story which combines facts, satire, fiction, comedy, philosophy in a very subtle and concise way (The story is very compact and powerful). It'll keep you entertained at the same time as you get acquainted with the intellectual 'historicism' of the epoch when it was writtent. Voltaire is definitely a master!

Life in the United Kingdom: A Journey to Citizenship - 2nd Edition
Life in the United Kingdom: A Journey to Citizenship - 2nd Edition
by The Home Office - Life in the UK Advisor
Price: 8.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting., 27 Dec 2012
You only need this booklet and the official questions book and you'll be all set up to take the test. Plus, I found it interesting.

Passing the life in the UK test: official practice questions and answers
Passing the life in the UK test: official practice questions and answers
by Stationery Office

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful!, 27 Dec 2012
You only need this and the general booklet (NOTHING ELSE) and you're ready to go for it. It has a very similar lay out as that in the actual test.

Toni & Guy Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray 200ml
Toni & Guy Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray 200ml

2.0 out of 5 stars It did not work on me at all., 27 Dec 2012
I don't know if it was my hair or the product but surely you expect that the spray would work on most hair types. A big dissapointment for that price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5