Profile for Roadsurfer71 > Reviews

Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know
by Ranulph Fiennes

5.0 out of 5 stars Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know, 20 Oct. 2010
Anyone who has any sense of adventure should read this book. It will also do you good if you don't, as you soon will. A cracking read and hard to put down. It's hard to beleive that one man can cram so much adventure into his life. A true inspiration, even if your goal is something less adventure than climbing Everest.
He is very down to earth too and pulls no punches!

Fit For Life: Reach Your Personal Best and Stay There
Fit For Life: Reach Your Personal Best and Stay There
by Ranulph Fiennes

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for life, 20 Oct. 2010
Having 'hit a wall' in regards to my own fitness regime, I thought I would give this book a try. It's very down to earth and plain talking. Easy to follow in regards to the diet tips and training regimes.
By following the diet regime for a week, whilst I planned my fitness routines around Ranulphs guidelines I managed to shed a few pounds already!
Its as good for beginners as it is for experts, as it has routines for the very novice runner/trainer and also for those planning round the world mountain running, with the odd desert marathon in between!
I am now motivated and at the start of my new routine. With races planned from now (Oct) until the middle of next year I have plenty to look forward to as they all lead up to training for a big endurance event for the summer.
What's also good in the book is his advice on how to keep your body right for your chosen sport, by stretching right and doing the correct exercises to prevent injuries.